Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Bastion PvP Republic vs Empire Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
The Bastion PvP Republic vs Empire Discussion

LordVilos
12.19.2012 , 02:30 AM | #1
I had a discussion about this in a previous post and I figured I would start a thread on it. I have played this game since it came out and have two level 50 characters. Both are warlords and both are on the Bastion. 1 is a republic Sentinel the other is Imperial Marauder. I was very curious to hear what everyone's win ratios are solo queuing on this server.

Granted I do my rated war zones on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. I am NOT discussing that in this thread. Those Wins are based solely around who has the better team. The rest of the week I play in pug matches solo queuing after work. I have noticed that at primetime Republic seems to have giant advantage win ratio wise. During prime time I tend to win about 75 to 80 percent on Republic and only 30 percent on Empire. I am trying to get serious answers only. To all of you who PvP on the Bastion pugging during prime time what are your win ratios like?

I hope to hear back from both Republic and Empire. 50s Only please. Sub level 50 is a crap shoot in we all know that

wwkingms
12.19.2012 , 02:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVilos View Post
I had a discussion about this in a previous post and I figured I would start a thread on it. I have played this game since it came out and have two level 50 characters. Both are warlords and both are on the Bastion. 1 is a republic Sentinel the other is Imperial Marauder. I was very curious to hear what everyone's win ratios are solo queuing on this server.

Granted I do my rated war zones on Fridays Saturdays and Sundays. I am NOT discussing that in this thread. Those Wins are based solely around who has the better team. The rest of the week I play in pug matches solo queuing after work. I have noticed that at primetime Republic seems to have giant advantage win ratio wise. During prime time I tend to win about 75 to 80 percent on Republic and only 30 percent on Empire. I am trying to get serious answers only. To all of you who PvP on the Bastion pugging during prime time what are your win ratios like?

I hope to hear back from both Republic and Empire. 50s Only please. Sub level 50 is a crap shoot in we all know that

so what your saying is...

one fotm toon wasnt enough..

you needed its factional counterpart for twice the fotm fun
NIHIL

THE BASTION

Blasphemerr
12.19.2012 , 02:55 AM | #3
For whatever reason the republic runs a lot more of their rated teams through pugs.
Something pretentious.

Masarko
12.19.2012 , 03:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by wwkingms View Post
so what your saying is...

one fotm toon wasnt enough..

you needed its factional counterpart for twice the fotm fun
Dumbest reply this week.

Why go through 2 gear grinds, when only one is needed

LordVilos
12.19.2012 , 04:05 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Masarko View Post
Dumbest reply this week.

Why go through 2 gear grinds, when only one is needed
Thank you very much. I was hoping for serious replies however I see you are the first. Yes my PvP mods are all in Legacy gear. On top of that I never have to change my play style. When you were at a competitive point in PvP you really do not want to go around changing your play style.

My 2 classes are a mirror of each other and my attacks are all of the same place on both characters. So yes when I play my Marauder I feel like I'm on my Sentinel or vice versa. I really do not know how this turned from a normal discussion thread into a hate thread about classes. Somehow that kid found a way.

Finally I do not even know why he mentioned my class. I never said my class with superior or anything of the sort I was merely asking about people's experience win ratio wise when it came to warzones. I did not want this to be a class discussion at all.

LordVilos
12.19.2012 , 04:09 AM | #6
Deleted post

Xertasian
12.19.2012 , 04:23 AM | #7
i play on the bastion i have a pub sage and imp sin..i been on bastion since beta..from what i seen over the course of our server up to transfers..i wouldn't say its about pubs winning or imps..more about people in wz's knowing what to do in them..i'm far from being the best pvper, but playing on both factions you see some trends..

most pubs players are alot of imp rerollers vice versa with imp players..basically it is the same people in wz's just different toons..i had days on my sage where we win every wz..also had the same on my sin..saying truly if 1 faction is better is truly conditional depending on the people..

it's not truly about pubs being better than imps..its about the people you have in wz's knowing what to do and working together as a team..you have some pubs who only play in the mornings cause they know alot of people are not on, good pvpers for the most part..they steamroll most pugs with there pre made..

this wouldn't be the case if they was to que during the evening or night where you have most of your pvpers with gear online,,to sum it all up basically..its not about which facton is better ,more on what time you play and thats where the trends come in at usually..depending on the time you play certain factions usually wins or loses cause its the player base that is queing in the wz's..

with pvp it can change any second from you losing to winning all of your wz's..so just take it all with a grain of salt..
Back streaming again http://twitch.tv/Xertasian

LordVilos
12.19.2012 , 05:04 AM | #8
I fully agree with you it's just the only time I play is prime time and I was hoping to hear other people's experience on the bastion server with WZ during primetime

Masarko
12.19.2012 , 08:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LordVilos View Post
Thank you very much. I was hoping for serious replies however I see you are the first. Yes my PvP mods are all in Legacy gear. On top of that I never have to change my play style. When you were at a competitive point in PvP you really do not want to go around changing your play style.

My 2 classes are a mirror of each other and my attacks are all of the same place on both characters. So yes when I play my Marauder I feel like I'm on my Sentinel or vice versa. I really do not know how this turned from a normal discussion thread into a hate thread about classes. Somehow that kid found a way.

Finally I do not even know why he mentioned my class. I never said my class with superior or anything of the sort I was merely asking about people's experience win ratio wise when it came to warzones. I did not want this to be a class discussion at all.
By looking at his sig, we can see hes a Sorc which we all know was an old FoTM, now hes butthurt.

And yeah, I understand your point of not playing the other classes around (I made all 4 for the buffs, which I play once a while)

CharterMonkKent
12.19.2012 , 10:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Blasphemerr View Post
For whatever reason the republic runs a lot more of their rated teams through pugs.
I find this to be the case. Last night after running through 3 operations we decided to run some WZs to do dalies on alts (we were on imp toons). Every match we played was against mix/max'd 4man groups (3 of the 4 matches contained 2 4man groups). The imp side the Bastion seems to gear grind Alts when rateds aren't available, pubs seem to play their min/max toons regardless. Nothing wrong with it either way and I fully support grouping in pugs.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =