Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Columni enough to PUG hard mode Lost Island?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is Columni enough to PUG hard mode Lost Island?

VigDiath
12.19.2012 , 12:46 PM | #21
Ran it as a tank twice on my original server and found that it was not impossible. Ran it with my dps toons on my current server and have wiped at least 3-4 times. Once the healer (commando) said it was better to run with a Sage/Sorc healer for the HoTs but in the end I think it depends on how the tank positions the boss.
Jedi Covenant (The Baltimore Legacy)
Laaron - 55 (Shadow Tank) Eulora - 55 (Sage Healer)
Madmartygan - 55 (Guardian DPS) Skylaadawn - 55 (Sab Smug)
Akon - 55 (Carnage Marauder) L'aron - 53 (Sorc Healer)

Felioats
12.19.2012 , 07:12 PM | #22
Is Incinerate tech? My sage can't remove tech. Can't remove physical either, with his current spec.
>

Mireleni
12.20.2012 , 02:03 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Is Incinerate tech? My sage can't remove tech. Can't remove physical either, with his current spec.
My sage can definitely remove Incinerate, so it's not tech. If you can't remove it because it's physical, you might want to spec for it.

One thing I learned that helped me was that you can take a little lava, but lightning is bad bad bad. So if you have a choice to stand on bubbling lava or in a lightning ball, go with the lava. You can also see a bit before the lava comes up out of the floor, and move to the panels of the floor that are not currently spewing lava. If you're getting adds on you, the dps should be taking care of them. If the tank and dps are doing it right, most of the damage should be on the tank. It's tough with PUGs to make sure that everyone's doing their part.

Quote: Originally Posted by pudim View Post
Please make a video, my Sage is in full tionese gear and I can't get past Savrak
I beg you master, teach me how to play
The thing that helped me most was learning when to cast Salvation. Once the tank settles in some spot on the platform, cast Salvation there and get in it as well, so it will heal your Noble Sacrifices. The tank should be the main one taking damage during this phase. I'm guessing the hard part for most is when he's on the pipes and throwing spit everywhere. At the beginning of this phase, I bubble myself (healer should be in the middle of the platform) and then cast Salvation on myself. Between that and a good Force Mend, I can keep myself alive for this phase. That lets me use the rest of my heals (bubbles, Rejuvenate->Healing Trance, Deliverance as needed) to keep the rest of the group alive. If that's still not working...it is a "Tier 2" hard mode, so getting a little Columi in the mix could help.
Visit my Resort on Tatooine! (Part 1/Part 2). Second location now on Nar Shaddaa.
Check out my Jedi Strongholds on Yavin 4 and Coruscant.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

Capt_Beers
12.20.2012 , 04:18 PM | #24
There is no amount of gear you can get that will allow you to PUG LI if the people you get are retarded.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

GalaxyStrong
12.20.2012 , 05:46 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
There is no amount of gear you can get that will allow you to PUG LI if the people you get are retarded.
This BIG TIME
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Slowpokeking
12.20.2012 , 06:08 PM | #26
As for PUG, after many groups(both passed and failed), the wise decision is

Better not waste time if there are tionese in the group, especially healer. Don't get me wrong, I beat Sav Rak with a tionese healer yesterday, after many wipes, but usually it's not worth it.

Do not waste time if the tank never did it, there is no way he could handle Lorrick well.

Columi groups can handle things well, the biggest challenge is the DPS against Sav Rak and Lorrick 1st/3rd phase. Also if there are melee dps in the group it's gonna be a bit tougher in LR-5 and Lorrick encounter.

Slowpokeking
12.20.2012 , 08:23 PM | #27
Not sure why but it seems like Lorrick's 3rd phase got harder, he knock back people a bit more.

scullzomben
12.20.2012 , 09:05 PM | #28
Did HM LI last night with guildies in Tionese/Recruit mix as fresh 50's. Heck, our tank had recruit implants/wrist/earpiece/belt/relics that were for dps.

Anyone who struggles with this in Columi gear is simply not paying attention to mechanics. This flashpoint is not Black Talon or Taral. You need to obey mechanics.

_REDRUM_
12.20.2012 , 09:22 PM | #29
I have done it twice in columi/battlemaster/tionese mix. I am a shadow tank.

Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding of tank task is
1. Interrupt every incinerate asap
2. Move the boss away from the lightning aoe
3. Avoid lava

What should I do with add? Sometimes they are too far for my aoe taunt.
Personally, tanking it requires a lot of focus. I have to look around the room, look on the ground and look at the boss cast bar.

scullzomben
12.20.2012 , 09:58 PM | #30
Ignore adds. They do negligible damage. The two dps should pick them up with any AOE skills they have.