Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Columni enough to PUG hard mode Lost Island?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is Columni enough to PUG hard mode Lost Island?

Felioats
12.18.2012 , 11:12 PM | #1
Because after trying my first time... I'm not sure the LR-5 Sentinel Droid can be pugged with a group in full Black Hole gear.

Actually, it's not even a matter of gear. There are too many do-or-instantly-wipe mechanics.

Yeah, we alt tabbed and read the guides.

What should I be in before I go back as a healer?
>

wadecounty
12.18.2012 , 11:29 PM | #2
The answer is yes, you can PUG it in Columi, if you know what you're doing.

If you need help on mechanics feel free to ask. But no, there are no "do this or you instantly die" mechanics beyond maybe letting Incinerate hit the tank with all 3 stacks, AND the healer not cleansing it.

Blighboy
12.19.2012 , 12:35 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
If you need help on mechanics feel free to ask. But no, there are no "do this or you instantly die" mechanics beyond maybe letting Incinerate hit the tank with all 3 stacks, AND the healer not cleansing it.
Savrak smash.

But remember you can practice the mechanics in story mode first, they're almost the same.
An army of one man, but the right man for the job! -Clone trooper rallying call
Pillars of Ashla
Guild Site

Karasuko
12.19.2012 , 12:49 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Because after trying my first time... I'm not sure the LR-5 Sentinel Droid can be pugged with a group in full Black Hole gear.

Actually, it's not even a matter of gear. There are too many do-or-instantly-wipe mechanics.

depends on the Following.
-Can you execute mechanics?
-Can you play your toon well?
-Can the other 3 play their toons well?
-Can the other 3 execute the mechanics well?

If the answer to all 4 of those questions is yes then only the first mini-boss will be a struggle.

paul_preib
12.19.2012 , 01:06 AM | #5

Lost island is very execution based. Having healed it on all three healer types (yes 4 republic 50s and 3 heal what can I say) the difficulty is squarely on who you are with. Ran today with my scoundrel and had enough energy most fights to drop my flyby aoe and keep dot up no issue, heck most trash I'd pop my aoe HoT and join in the dps.

I've also had to use every trick I have to squeak the group by.

If the tank is good interrupting incinerates, dps and tank get second boss on the first jump, and lorick is handled properly then you could probably heal it in recruit gear. The overall damage is not that high, it just really makes you pay for every mistake.
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 02:12 AM | #6

Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: it's not a matter of it being a pug, it's a matter of how good each individually player is. I've seen pug groups with a Tionese-Columi mix one shot the whole thing without anyone dying, but each player in that pug was very skilled.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Exx-
12.19.2012 , 03:02 AM | #7
I've done it a lot of times in a mix of Tionese and Columi and as a melee DPS at that. As others have already said, it's very execution based.

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 03:14 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Exx- View Post
I've done it a lot of times in a mix of Tionese and Columi and as a melee DPS at that. As others have already said, it's very execution based.
I don't get the melee dps hate, my favourite composition for HM LI is 2 Carnage specced Mara's.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

paul_preib
12.19.2012 , 03:37 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
I don't get the melee dps hate, my favourite composition for HM LI is 2 Carnage specced Mara's.
Takes a lot more situational awareness for a melee team on the first droid as far as lightning placement while the disease swapping on the pipe.boss can create more total damage to heal through, also makes it a.tad crowded on lorriks's poison circles.

It isn't terrible, my sentinel has no real issue with it, but it does make things more involved
Cyperian -- Sorceror Cyterian-- Sentinel Cyrellian-- Trooper Cyprian-- Sage
Cylerian-- Scoundrel Kyrellian-- Sniper
Of the Bloodborne and Deargna-Fhuil Legacies

POPsi
12.19.2012 , 05:18 AM | #10
The only boss that can be a problem for a healer if everything is properly executed by the group (avoiding unnecessary dmg) is Sav-Rak. It can be a pain, otherwise totally doable in columi.