Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Does Elite War Hero make much of a difference?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Does Elite War Hero make much of a difference?

xCyberpunkx
12.18.2012 , 08:16 PM | #1
I'm full War Hero right now, but it doesn't look like the stats for Elite are that much more impressive. The jump from Recruit to War Hero was noticable, but I'm wondering if it's even worth picking up the Elite War Hero or to keep augmenting my current set.

Asharfh
12.18.2012 , 08:23 PM | #2
Well everytime you update a piece is more stats than most datacrons gives you.

It's not much but optimization is the way to go if you want to perform at the best.
Aelay Suncrusher <Worst Strikes Back>
Aceley Suncrusher <Worst Strikes Again>

Smashbrother
12.18.2012 , 08:25 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by xCyberpunkx View Post
I'm full War Hero right now, but it doesn't look like the stats for Elite are that much more impressive. The jump from Recruit to War Hero was noticable, but I'm wondering if it's even worth picking up the Elite War Hero or to keep augmenting my current set.
Upgrade stuff like relics first. But it's not really worth it if you're already min/max WH gear.

Kento-Solo
12.19.2012 , 10:04 AM | #4
the armor piece from ELW is a boost, so you could yank those out of the ELW gear as i've been doing, not much of an increase, but every bit helps
I'm just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Malkavier
12.19.2012 , 10:06 AM | #5
3% difference, fully augmented.
L50 Annhi Marauder L50 Madness Sorc L17 Gunslinger L23 Pyro Tech L35 Medic OP L17 Marks Sniper L50 Lethality Sniper

"Your fear angers me. My anger feeds my hate. My hate gives me strength."

xCyberpunkx
12.20.2012 , 02:09 PM | #6
Looks like I'm just going to continue augmenting my War Hero and pull out a few mods from some EWH and allocate those.

vimm
12.20.2012 , 02:16 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
3% difference, fully augmented.
I don't see how the augments are relevant,
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

UGLYMRJ
12.20.2012 , 02:23 PM | #8
Having to RE min/max since of course the stats are completely jacked sounds like more trouble than it's worth. Especially considering I've used mods and enhancements from several different classes. Like most I'll do it as it comes along but it's definitely NOT a priority.

So far I've only bought a few pieces and have used one item modification from each. Simply just to keep from jacking up my stats.

Sure... a piece might have +1 crit vs the war hero piece.... but I already switched out the crit mod like 6 months ago for MOAR POWAH!!!!

Just as an example of why it shouldn't be a priority.... Most of the pieces will hurt my stats more than help them at this point until I gather more pieces.

UGLYMRJ
12.20.2012 , 02:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by vimm View Post
I don't see how the augments are relevant,
Elite War Hero augments.... DUH!

Washingtoon
12.20.2012 , 02:31 PM | #10
Relics and hilt. The rest isnt really worth it. Relay only gives you +1

I've bought some of the armor too though since I didnt have anything els to spend my comms on.