Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paying for the expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spectreclees
12.24.2012 , 06:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
You're right. Using a credit card tied to a bank account is definitely easier...as long as you actually HAVE ONE!
Which the latter option is for you. Go buy a prepaid card and use it to buy the game online. Problem solved. Why do people make things so much harder on themselves?

Oldsailor
12.24.2012 , 07:14 AM | #22
Sounds like the original poster is not in the USA where it's easy to get and use prepaid Visa cards. In that case Bioware should look at ther possibiliy of making Expansion Game cards, similar to their Game Time Cards and having them made and sent overseas. I know they have to weight cost versus return, but it's something for them to think about.

ShepardSpock
12.24.2012 , 07:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by MishraArtificer View Post
Cerimon, I can't pay for your digital-only expansion...with a credit card I DON'T HAVE.

Sorry, EAWare, but not all of us are getting by on full time jobs, here.
I am not a fan of this game how they have done with the Cartel Coins and not giving them out for time card I used. But you can't get one of those prepaid Visa/Mastercards where you live?

thomasbaxter
12.24.2012 , 07:40 AM | #24
I still don't get it.

You don't want to pay by card, you want to pay with cash over the counter. They have UKash for that which u can get at most newsagents where you stay. Are you on commission with the old company or something?

An extra tip is if anyone has a neteller account they can make prepaid visas at the touch of a button. Find a friend who has one and give them the money to do it

Radzkie
12.24.2012 , 07:56 AM | #25
The OP sounds like my grandma. xD

Anyway, I don't think prepaid visas/mastercards work on SWTOR. I tried to use one before, and it was rejected. Apparently they don't accept those types of cards. If someone has successfully used one recently, then please let me know. It could of been some sort of error I was getting, but I tried putting it in many, many times before giving up. Now I just use a normal mastercard.

thomasbaxter
12.24.2012 , 07:59 AM | #26
I think you're actually right there sort of. I tried a digital prepaid and it didn't work but a physical prepaid did. I've tried all the deposit methods and the fact they accept ukash is great because, like I say, you can buy those vouchers anywhere which is why I can't get what the problem is. UKash is popular with poker players (especially US) so they can play without worrying about them getting locked out for playing in the USA or a banned region.

Thylbanus
12.27.2012 , 10:50 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Radzkie View Post
The OP sounds like my grandma. xD

Anyway, I don't think prepaid visas/mastercards work on SWTOR. I tried to use one before, and it was rejected. Apparently they don't accept those types of cards. If someone has successfully used one recently, then please let me know. It could of been some sort of error I was getting, but I tried putting it in many, many times before giving up. Now I just use a normal mastercard.
You can, you just have to register the card. There is a help FAQ on it on all the giftcards websites.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Genuine
12.27.2012 , 11:00 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Darth_Melf,

Unfortunately we cannot accept subscription time or gametime cards in exchange for this expansion. I can assure you that the payment methods we do accept are very secure and you are not at risk if you use those.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic
i cant even pay for the expansion with a debit card i get and error
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Cerimon
12.27.2012 , 11:34 AM | #29 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Darth_Melf,

The Expansion will not be available in stores as a boxed product, nor will it be purchasable using Cartel Coins. You can also call our agents via the number on this page to discuss the available payment methods for your country.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Darth_Melf
12.28.2012 , 12:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Darth_Melf,

The Expansion will not be available in stores as a boxed product, nor will it be purchasable using Cartel Coins. You can also call our agents via the number on this page to discuss the available payment methods for your country.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Thanks for the reply, though it does not answer most of my questions.

Anyways, i checked the phonenumbers, what should i do if i am not located in the countries summed up there ?

Like "if you are in canada or germany call here" ... but i am not canadian or german ?

kind regards,

EDIT nevermind i found it :

Quote:
If your country isn’t listed above, please use the table below to find which number to call to contact the Customer Service team. Please note that you may be charged by your provider for making an international phone call, and charges may be based on the country from which you place the call. Customer support will be provided in English, French, and German only.
Now i don't want to go bankrupt on my international phone charges and that is why i keep hoping for a reply here.
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”