Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paying for the expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediCahlwyn
12.22.2012 , 07:28 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Melf View Post
Mind you, I am willing to pay for the expansion, i want to pay you for it, but i shall not use internet payment methods. I am baffled by the fact that you are making it hard for me to hand my money over to you.

Will I be able to buy the expansion in a real life store ?
Or might it perhaps be possible to use cartel coins to pay for it like with the "section X" things ?

kind regards,
They aren't making it hard for you. It is the NORM. You're position on it is very weird. Go buy a prepaid VISA from the grocery store and use that. You can get one with like $25 on it or something.

Either way, it is an irrational paranoia. Using a credit card (i.e. bank check card, etc) is the EASY way. You're other ideas are more complex.
--Master Endric Cahlwyn--
<The Womp Rats> of The Shadowlands
Jedi Guardian 55 For The Republic!

MishraArtificer
12.22.2012 , 10:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
They aren't making it hard for you. It is the NORM. You're position on it is very weird. Go buy a prepaid VISA from the grocery store and use that. You can get one with like $25 on it or something.

Either way, it is an irrational paranoia. Using a credit card (i.e. bank check card, etc) is the EASY way. You're other ideas are more complex.
You're right. Using a credit card tied to a bank account is definitely easier...as long as you actually HAVE ONE!
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Darth_Melf
12.23.2012 , 11:14 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post

First of all i was looking for a solution, not insults. I am not paranoid.

And as for your "prepaid visa" solution ... perhaps where you live ( usa ? ) that is a norm, but where i live it is not. I never even heard of it before.

Anyways, i was just looking for a solution and an official reply

kind regards,
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”

thomasbaxter
12.23.2012 , 11:38 AM | #14
Most countries have prepaid visa. Do they not accept ukash here too?

AlrikFassbauer
12.23.2012 , 01:01 PM | #15
The German "Lastschrift" way of a bank transfer is no more supported by EA - a few German playrs lready responded to this information with "if EA doesn't want my money, then it's their problem, not mine kind of reply.

Since Credit Cards are still quite UNcommon in Germany, there has already been a petition invoked that Bioware/EA might allow German players to use the "Lastschrift" kind of bank transfer again.

Because for some that's the only way they can pay ... If EA still wants their money, that is ...

Nucairion
12.23.2012 , 01:15 PM | #16
Mind you, I am willing to pay for the expansion, i want to pay you for it, but i shall not use internet payment methods. I am baffled by the fact that you are making it hard for me to hand my money over to you.

Will I be able to buy the expansion in a real life store ?
Or might it perhaps be possible to use cartel coins to pay for it like with the "section X" things ?

kind regards,
there not making it hard for you, your making it hard for yourself by refusing to use EXTREMELY SECURE payment methods like paypal. wot your asking for HAS NEVER been possible in any mmo and also digital is all the explanation u need for will it be availible in sotres. no is the answer. as for using cartel coins again no it will not be availible via store.

wot ever reason you have for not using paypal or wot ever is your choice and not my buisness but i have been playing and paying for mmos since 2002 (ish) and been paying via paypal for 4 years or so now and have NEVER had an issue of secruity or theft.

i also find your suggestion of paying for expansion by *trading* game time ludacris and dam right rediculas when have you ever seen that as an option in any mmo game. if you want expansion your just going to have to pay via paypal or by getting a pre-paid card like one i have from money sotree or o2 and jsut top up the card with money then buy expansion or miss out
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies

thomasbaxter
12.23.2012 , 02:28 PM | #17
Lol this thread is ridiculous!!!

SWTOR accepts UKASH vouchers. These can be bought all over the world from most newsagents (if you don't believe me why don't u check out their website http://www.ukash.com/de-DE/ it even tells u what newsagents you can buy from)

That's how I pay and you just use cash.

What a palaver

MishraArtificer
12.23.2012 , 07:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by thomasbaxter View Post
What a palaver
...what an absolute treat, to watch a cat and its father pick a bone in the street-

NOT A SOUND OUT OF YOU!

...sorry, you just reminded me of a line from Les Miserables. Carry on.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Thylbanus
12.23.2012 , 09:40 PM | #19
i was wondering about pre ordering the expansion with the Hutt revenge thingie. I want to buy the update, but i also wish to preserve my privacy and i just don't do the whole banking through internet thing.

Is it possible to pre order and pay the money for it WITHOUT giving my bank account info to internet ?

Like is there a IBAN / BIC account that is owned by swtor where i can do transfers to with a message attached like "paying for update X for player Y" ?

Or will it be possible to pre order the expansion in a real games store ? Or will it only be sold through the internet ?

kind regards, Melf
It's the holidays. There are plenty of places that sell Visa and Master Card gift cards. Best way to do one off internet purchases.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

Darth_Melf
12.24.2012 , 06:40 AM | #20
bumping for an official reply,

kind regards,
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”