Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Paying for the expansion

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Melf
12.18.2012 , 08:13 PM | #1
i was wondering about pre ordering the expansion with the Hutt revenge thingie. I want to buy the update, but i also wish to preserve my privacy and i just don't do the whole banking through internet thing.

Is it possible to pre order and pay the money for it WITHOUT giving my bank account info to internet ?

Like is there a IBAN / BIC account that is owned by swtor where i can do transfers to with a message attached like "paying for update X for player Y" ?

Or will it be possible to pre order the expansion in a real games store ? Or will it only be sold through the internet ?

kind regards, Melf
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”

Rogoo
12.18.2012 , 08:32 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Melf View Post
i was wondering about pre ordering the expansion with the Hutt revenge thingie. I want to buy the update, but i also wish to preserve my privacy and i just don't do the whole banking through internet thing.

Is it possible to pre order and pay the money for it WITHOUT giving my bank account info to internet ?

Like is there a IBAN / BIC account that is owned by swtor where i can do transfers to with a message attached like "paying for update X for player Y" ?

Or will it be possible to pre order the expansion in a real games store ? Or will it only be sold through the internet ?

kind regards, Melf
It is a DIGITAL EXPANSION. So that alone suggests it will only be available online.

Also, why so paranoid bro ? I guess you're not using a cellphone, are you ?
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

Solar_Breeze
12.18.2012 , 09:10 PM | #3
you could buy a prepaid card with cash and use that to purchase it?

Darth_Melf
12.19.2012 , 09:25 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Solar_Breeze View Post
you could buy a prepaid card with cash and use that to purchase it?
That would solve it. Like i have 70ish days on my subscription left plus a dozen gametimecards stashed on my bookshelve. Could it be perhaps possible to like exchange 10 days of my current subscription time for the update ?

Or will subscribers get the update anyways ? My main point is that i wish to do the expansion, AND I WANT TO PAY FOR IT, but i do not want to and will not do the internet moneytransferring thing, and yes, Paypal is also money through internet. And I don't care if some call that paranoid. It is my personal preference.

Will that be possible EA ?

kind regards,
“Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes.”

Cerimon
12.19.2012 , 09:51 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Darth_Melf,

Unfortunately we cannot accept subscription time or gametime cards in exchange for this expansion. I can assure you that the payment methods we do accept are very secure and you are not at risk if you use those.

Thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

JymmyMorison
12.19.2012 , 09:57 AM | #6
only none of them work if your in germany

MishraArtificer
12.19.2012 , 10:25 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Darth_Melf,

Unfortunately we cannot accept subscription time or gametime cards in exchange for this expansion. I can assure you that the payment methods we do accept are very secure and you are not at risk if you use those.

Cerimon, I can't pay for your digital-only expansion...with a credit card I DON'T HAVE.

Sorry, EAWare, but not all of us are getting by on full time jobs, here.
Quote: Originally Posted by CosmicKat View Post
Twiki (with or without Dr. Theopolis), Muffet, and Wesley Crusher could form a boy band and do a Buck Rogers/BSG/Trek crossover tour, then crash on a remote asteroid, meet up with Doctoor Zee, and save themselves by making a spaceship out of random Cylon debris... and it would still be much less stupid than Jar Jar.
Behold...my referral link!

Darth_Melf
12.19.2012 , 12:23 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings Darth_Melf,

Mind you, I am willing to pay for the expansion, i want to pay you for it, but i shall not use internet payment methods. I am baffled by the fact that you are making it hard for me to hand my money over to you.

Will I be able to buy the expansion in a real life store ?
Or might it perhaps be possible to use cartel coins to pay for it like with the "section X" things ?

kind regards,

Darth_Melf
12.22.2012 , 06:24 AM | #9
bump for reply

kind regards,

RetardRaptor
12.22.2012 , 07:00 AM | #10
joins us in the 21st century....we have cookies