Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Goretzu
01.05.2013 , 10:51 AM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post

Also- many people prefer paying small amounts often for small xpacs over paying a large lump suddenly- I for one would prefer to have small, staggered xpacs.

The problem with adventure packs is that they are fine as adventure packs, but they are NOT replacements from true expansions.

You couldn't have released Mines of Moria, for example, as a series of adventure packs and retained the same scope or feeling it had, it would have been something much lesser if broken up like that.

And there in lies the problem, grand expansive.... er... expansions are GREAT, they are something very different from adventure packs, but adventure packs can never replace them.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Vlacke
01.05.2013 , 11:04 AM | #592
I'm willing to bet you'll still be doing that until the expansion's out.
I'm fairly certain he already bought it, but is too ashamed to admit that.
Telcontar Legacy

nidalad
01.05.2013 , 11:11 AM | #593
Makeb was meant to be a game update originally and I'm sure the majority of other features/content that come in this "expansion" were also meant to be simple game updates/patches. ea/bioware ran into trouble and had to hold onto what they already had done for staggered release as they did not have the time or funds to create anything new. You think this "expansion" and current game updates are bad wait till they start releasing **** that the original swtor devs didn't create.
Moonrunner

Draiganx
01.05.2013 , 11:33 AM | #594
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.
Man you people are so picky, idk whats wrong with so many of you on here.

"THE FORCE SHALL SET US FREE!"
Proud CE Owner!

Marmerus
01.05.2013 , 03:07 PM | #595
You won't be able to gain 5 levels with the number of quests they had on Tattooine- not at level 50 at least.

If you can hit level 55 from just questing, that'd be more than enough.

Also- Northrend was, what, 50 bucks when it came out? And a second xpac for a game with supposedly 10 times as many subs as this game has?

If this game has a quarter of the content of Northrend it'd be worth it- most games end up having smaller expansions that cost less and are released more often when they aren't doing well enough to develop a 50 dollar expansion to release all at once.

Also- many people prefer paying small amounts often for small xpacs over paying a large lump suddenly- I for one would prefer to have small, staggered xpacs. This is definitely much more than just a content update- we've never just gotten a planet and extra levels- at most a content update so far has been 5-10 daily quests, and the occasional FP, operation or WZ.

The title says one planet isn't an expansion- yet other than WoW almost every mmo I know of has released small expansions with small content updates- and dozens of people in this thread have even pointed them out.

I bought the DDO expansion recently- it was maybe a dozen quests total.
Afaik Rift had a giant expansion that was bigger than the ones we got in WoW.
@ Bioware
Stop trolling the EU. Fix the downtimes to the middle of the night and not in the middle of the morning / day.

Mercathode
01.05.2013 , 03:24 PM | #596
What do you call being able to attain 5 new levels (along with everything else they say is coming with it)?

A "pack"? No.
An "update"? Nope
A "patch"? No

An "expansion?" Survey Said? DING!

Goretzu
01.05.2013 , 04:10 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercathode View Post
What do you call being able to attain 5 new levels (along with everything else they say is coming with it)?

A "pack"? No.
An "update"? Nope
A "patch"? No

An "expansion?" Survey Said? DING!
"An adventure pack with 5 Levels"?
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

SWTOI
01.05.2013 , 04:36 PM | #598
it $10 what do you want for $10 a entire solar system?

LexC
01.05.2013 , 04:40 PM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
OMG, I was completely and absolutely dumbfounded as to how to handle this perplexing scenario. Without your timely, sage advice I likely would have been wallowing in indecisive ignorance for days, if not weeks. Thank you for pointing out this brilliant course of action, your wisdom is miraculous.
Then don't buy it
DIGITAL TOXIN
Website
Casual | International | Social | PvE

TrillOG-
01.05.2013 , 04:58 PM | #600
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
If they aren't certain enough about what's going to be in the game to tell us, how do they know it's worth ten dollars? Did they just pick a number from thin air? Why would they put a product up for sale and allow us to order it if they don't know when it's coming out or even what it comes with?

Sounds like kind of a scam to me...
How do they know its worth 10 dollars? Lmao a couple of cartel packs are 10 dollars. You people act like they are asking you to dump your wallet. I could find 10 bucks layin around in my room. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. If your skeptical then wait. Problem solved. People will complain about ANYTHING.