Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Fortuona's Avatar


Fortuona
12.28.2012 , 06:27 PM | #551
Where do you see that the price goes up to $20 for subscriber if you do not pre-order? When I look in the FAQ all it says is that pre-order gives 5 days early access.

Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
Continue your Star Wars™ saga with a new level cap of 55.
Experience new epic story content with fully-voiced cinematic conversations.
New Planet: Makeb - Explore a vibrant alien landscape.


more than enough info for me to pre order something for 10 dollars that will be 20 dollars for everyone else that is a complete idiot that sits and waits because they want every little detail they can't figure out things for themselves

like for example with what we know im sure they will add more gear more ops more world bosses more flash points is it really that hard to grasp even though they don't tell you everything by now people should have some idea what this would include and draw up their own conclusions and if they can't then wait either spend the 20 dollars when we know exactly what it will include then by that time everyone will comeback here saying i should of only had to pay 10 dollars because i was idiot and wanted to know every single detail about the expansion

canuckly's Avatar


canuckly
12.28.2012 , 06:36 PM | #552
even better for subscribers if its 10 dollars no matter what then whats the big deal then its 20 dollars for f2p players doubt thats the case but if it is then this really shouldn't be that big of a deal about pre ordering for 5 days early access

VonFoxFire's Avatar


VonFoxFire
12.28.2012 , 06:39 PM | #553
Quote: Originally Posted by ricp View Post
good god, you are talking about $10.00 the price of a bad meal at McDonalds. Can you not just assume it will be the same quality and entertianment that we have gotten thru the first 50 levels??
*shrugs* I can assume a lot of things like right now I'm assuming a lot about you but that doesn't mean it's true. I would rather know than have to assume things , call it a personal preference but hey that's life.
Through fear we have conformity , through conformity we have civilization , through civilization we have culture , and through culture we give life meaning.

Fortuona's Avatar


Fortuona
12.28.2012 , 06:49 PM | #554
Quote: Originally Posted by canuckly View Post
even better for subscribers if its 10 dollars no matter what then whats the big deal then its 20 dollars for f2p players doubt thats the case but if it is then this really shouldn't be that big of a deal about pre ordering for 5 days early access
Yeah, from what I can see (unless I missed something) the prices are set. Looks like only difference is early acces for pre-order by January 7th. $10 for subscribers. $20 for non-subscribers.

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
12.28.2012 , 07:48 PM | #555
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz;5646417
uote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
well with Obiwan we got a huge planet FALSE
with tuns of quests I would not call TOW "tons of quests" by any stretch of the imaginationand places to explore Nor this
and we got new mounts and speeders...1 new speeder that you had to quest for unless you pre-ordered, and 1 mount that was slower than all the others with 1 other that needed to be bio-engineered
dont think we got any new armor but i cant be surecrap armor that had to be created in the cube with loot from bosses and 2 loot robes that were obsolete within 6 months of the update.
but i do think we got new guns and weapons loot drop weapons were substandard, created ones were also substandard for 2 years until weapon crafting was revamped
along with a bunch of stuff for crafters to make along with new materialsthe cube was NOT crafting,
we also got a new slot for an extra toon.No you did not, you got that 6 months later when SOE was trying to save the game after NGE almost killed it
before that we got a new planet that even though it was smaller than the other planets we had it was bigger than any one we have now, plus more mounts, new armor, a new race... err wait when did we get the Ithorians?? that was Kashyyk right??While better than TOR, still not the most ground-breaking expansion ever, and only seemed big because it was SWG's first experimentation with instanced zones
before that we got SPACE!!! tuns and tuns of space!!!!!! Here I have no argument, not only space (including all the crafting to go with it) but the DWB, 3 species and lots of other stuff
and i could be wrong but all those expansions were only 30 bucks They all cost $30+ each, and the only one that had more to offer than one planet was JTL, and yet you happily paid that for all of them????
you can say that TOR's expansion is good enough for 10 bucks but remember that's only for subs the real price is 20, so let me ask you this would you pay $20 for an expansion that only gave you one planet (thats not really all that big in comparison to other games) 5 extra levels and a couple of extra things for end game play?? to me that sounds like a $10 dlc and thats for the non subbers. now if the new race was a part of the expansion then yea i can see maybe $20 bucks but that is still pushing it!!!But, you're a subscriber so it will only cost you $10 so your argument really isn't all that valid. And when you were paying $30 each for ROTW and TOW you were also paying $15 a month just to play SWG
Let us please try to keep it real, thank you
actually obi was only 20 bucks it took me a while to find it but thats what it was not sure about the others but i think they were only 20 bucks as well..... and a lot of the things you said about obi was wrong if you kept reading a few posts later you would see my other post that actually gave a link http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_...als_of_Obi-Wan and there was a lot of things for crafters to make and no im not talking about the stupid cube and there was a hell of a lot more exploring in Obi than there is on any of the largest planets in tor. and new mounts and speeders are still new mounts and speeders o boo hoo you had to do a quest to get it or you had to buy it from some one else gee, new robes and armor is still new and most things become obsolete within 6 months usually because newer stuff comes out later on in the year so don't be daft. and so i was wrong about the second slot, its been 7 years i could get a couple of things wrong, i was prolly just remembering it that way because that is when i unlocked my jedi

we don't know what all is going to be in Tor's exp but from what we have heard so far it don't come close to Obi and its the same price. "unless you are subber then you get a discount" yea yea yea we know but think about it from the other perspective!! if you were a free to play person would you actually drop 20 bucks on that?? i bet you wouldn't!!!

DaRoamer's Avatar


DaRoamer
12.28.2012 , 08:14 PM | #556
Quote: Originally Posted by Edzew View Post
actually obi was only 20 bucks it took me a while to find it but thats what it was not sure about the others but i think they were only 20 bucks as well..... and a lot of the things you said about obi was wrong if you kept reading a few posts later you would see my other post that actually gave a link http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_...als_of_Obi-Wan and there was a lot of things for crafters to make and no im not talking about the stupid cube and there was a hell of a lot more exploring in Obi than there is on any of the largest planets in tor. and new mounts and speeders are still new mounts and speeders o boo hoo you had to do a quest to get it or you had to buy it from some one else gee, new robes and armor is still new and most things become obsolete within 6 months usually because newer stuff comes out later on in the year so don't be daft. and so i was wrong about the second slot, its been 7 years i could get a couple of things wrong, i was prolly just remembering it that way because that is when i unlocked my jedi

we don't know what all is going to be in Tor's exp but from what we have heard so far it don't come close to Obi and its the same price. "unless you are subber then you get a discount" yea yea yea we know but think about it from the other perspective!! if you were a free to play person would you actually drop 20 bucks on that?? i bet you wouldn't!!!
Are you really comparing the price of something from 2005 to the price of something in 2013? How much was gas in 2005?

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
12.28.2012 , 08:26 PM | #557
Quote: Originally Posted by DaRoamer View Post
Then it's not FREE is it?
well by that logic all the FTP MMOs arent free to play either because you have to buy stuff on there market as well if you want to be competitive or have the cool looking stuff. B^P

by buying the stuff on the cartel shop you then never have to spend a dime on the game if you dont want to so it then becomes free. you don't need to have all the extra boxes or xp boosts or unlock the races or buy extra dungeon passes, but if you do you can just buy them on the cartel market

Edzew's Avatar


Edzew
12.28.2012 , 08:31 PM | #558
[QUOTE=DaRoamer;5646959]Are you really comparing the price of something from 2005 to the price of something in 2013? How much was gas in 2005?[/QUOTE

well seeing as how its others that are doing that i have to say yea i am. people are saying we payed 30 to 40 for that old expansion so we should be happy that its only 20 bucks for the one we have now.... but it was actually 20 bucks back then. it kinda goes back to what others said it is more like an update than an expansion and to charge for that is kinda ridiculous especially when they said it was going to be free earlier this year

ClexMix's Avatar


ClexMix
01.03.2013 , 12:40 AM | #559
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.




I don't understand where you feel entitled you should receive an expansion for free. Five new levels complete with skills new operations flashpoint companion quests a new planet (which no details of size has been released) new warzones and we can only assume new daily quest hubs unlocked on said planet...all of this for 20 bucks tops and you feel the right to complain about having to purchase it? More so you feel nickel and dimmed you can't purchase it through Carmel coins...which you get a decent amount for free each month if you sub. I don't know what games you e played in the past but expansions or updates of this size usually constitute a purchase fee. Look at console games played spend 15-20$ on 3-5 new maps for first person shooters and maybe a handful of new guns all of which are just really new skins and don't make or break gameplay. And you're having a **** fit over 10$ for a decent amount of content. Get over yourself for a minute and before you slander a company over something you should at least make sure it has at least some validation instead of it just being your personal feelings.



Believe if or not game companies take everything their players say to heart and when you spend time creating something, time spent away from personal obligations, only to have uneducated people slander them it does weigh on them and as much as they would like to just brush it off it sits with them and effects how they go about future content. Which could be both positive and negative. But in this case ifs more so the latter. I for one recently came back to this game and they have made huge strides as a company to solve some issues and improve upon quality of gameplay. They admit they aren't perfect but the game is still very new. People just need to give it time and keep stupid opinion to themselves imo.

ClexMix's Avatar


ClexMix
01.03.2013 , 12:45 AM | #560
Cartel* damn phone browsers.