Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bhemont
12.26.2012 , 11:50 AM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Glorthox View Post
Well guess what, no matter what people speculate people usually go through a planet in about an hour and they bigger planets maybe 4-5 hours. A 5 level increase just shows me that the planet is going to be small enough to just add more daily crap, more of same looking gear and weapons, and 1 Fp, 1 opt and 1 more pvp thing. So YES it is nothing more than a content patch and not an expansion. So if anything subscribers shouldn't have to pay whereas the F2P should have to. Most who are defending this so called "expansion" are being nothing but optimists. Just face facts, this new content seems like a rush job considering they have all of these outstanding bugs already they have yet to fix and yet focus more on the cartel market than anything else....
Sure, but at least we're getting something, it's been a year already and we haven't been getting much but small pieces here and there in some patches. Still no sign of chat bubbles
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

Darth-Rammstein
12.26.2012 , 03:31 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
When Trials of Obiwan dropped, Sony simply gave SWG players one planet. When Burning Crusade dropped, Blizzard simply gave players one planet.

This is what MMO companies have been doing for years. I don't see what's wrong with it.
Sigh, why do people keep comparing Makeb to wow continents like they are even remotely similar in size. Outlands was just one world yes, but it had 7 zones to explore. Makeb is one zone and at most covers as much area as two of those wow zones. With that said Makeb is only $10 and it seems to be a fair price in comparison to a $40 xpac...the question I have on my mind is what else is included in Makeb? I don't want to spend money on just a quest zone and be back on the fleet by dinner time if you know what I mean.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

bahdasz
12.26.2012 , 04:11 PM | #493
I'm reposting this, my reply to another similar thread because I think it's relevent and appropriate here:

Although I think it is rather sleezy and cheesy to just offer one planet, one quest line and "up the level cap" to make it look like they actually did something for the players (which they did not), I have to admit.... it is only $10

I know I, and a lot of you (whether you want to admit it or not), paid a lot more than that for two separate one planet expansions of another Star Wars MMO, and we were all bouncing in our chairs waiting for them to go live too. You don't have to admit it, but we both know

This expansion may not be on the scale of JTL, but it does sound comparable to ROTW or TOW, and the price is at least a bit closer to reasonable for what we're getting.

Bomyne
12.26.2012 , 05:24 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sigh, why do people keep comparing Makeb to wow continents like they are even remotely similar in size. Outlands was just one world yes, but it had 7 zones to explore. Makeb is one zone and at most covers as much area as two of those wow zones. With that said Makeb is only $10 and it seems to be a fair price in comparison to a $40 xpac...the question I have on my mind is what else is included in Makeb? I don't want to spend money on just a quest zone and be back on the fleet by dinner time if you know what I mean.
Sounded to me like Makeb was the size of planets like Coruscant, which is actually 5 or so zones. So Makeb is larger than Outand.

Quote:
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Darth-Rammstein
12.26.2012 , 05:48 PM | #495
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
Sounded to me like Makeb was the size of planets like Coruscant, which is actually 5 or so zones. So Makeb is larger than Outand.
Coruscant is not as big as outland, have you even played wow? Coruscant is just repetitive alley ways in an enclosed environment. Either you have a distorted perception of size or you are a troll.

Vitas
12.26.2012 , 05:53 PM | #496
It's possible but unconfirmed, the world Varl, the original homeworld of the Hutts, may also be included in the expansion. It was originally planned for 1.4 but got pushed back, would make sense to include it, particularly since the expansion revolves around the Hutts.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Bhemont
12.26.2012 , 07:14 PM | #497
Quote: Originally Posted by bahdasz View Post
I'm reposting this, my reply to another similar thread because I think it's relevent and appropriate here:

Although I think it is rather sleezy and cheesy to just offer one planet, one quest line and "up the level cap" to make it look like they actually did something for the players (which they did not), I have to admit.... it is only $10

I know I, and a lot of you (whether you want to admit it or not), paid a lot more than that for two separate one planet expansions of another Star Wars MMO, and we were all bouncing in our chairs waiting for them to go live too. You don't have to admit it, but we both know

This expansion may not be on the scale of JTL, but it does sound comparable to ROTW or TOW, and the price is at least a bit closer to reasonable for what we're getting.
Do we know if we are getting class quests, seeing as our lvl cap is being raised and all. That alone would be a lot af work, since we have like 8 separate story for each and everyone. Loads of dialog and animation and stuff.
Proud owner of the CE Imperial Agent since day one
- Red Zone

Darth-Rammstein
12.26.2012 , 07:21 PM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by Bhemont View Post
Do we know if we are getting class quests, seeing as our lvl cap is being raised and all. That alone would be a lot af work, since we have like 8 separate story for each and everyone. Loads of dialog and animation and stuff.
Nope, we get two separate story lines (one for each faction) and that's it.

Spinikar
12.26.2012 , 08:49 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

"The Five new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time"

That may last most players an hour, maybe two. Sorry, that made me laugh, but I do agree with everything else. Its still an expansion with all the new stuff. Can't wait to check it out.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

arunav
12.26.2012 , 10:25 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
It's possible but unconfirmed, the world Varl, the original homeworld of the Hutts, may also be included in the expansion. It was originally planned for 1.4 but got pushed back, would make sense to include it, particularly since the expansion revolves around the Hutts.

http://www.torhead.com/guide/leaks

If you look at 1.3 in that link, you'll see a lot of it was split up and made into 1.3 to 1.6. That's why I'm certain Varl could be considered to be included with the expansion, but this is only based on presumption.
I think they would have already announced that, if Varl was to be included. There's no way they would have left out a planet if it's on the way with Makeb. At best, there might be a quest that takes you there briefly, but I don't think Varl is coming in the expansion.