Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kani_Warysia
12.23.2012 , 11:35 AM | #461
Quote: Originally Posted by Oggthebase View Post
I don't care about what you want to call it, all that I care is that Makeb was paid for by our subscription this past year, it was in the development plan for 2012 and was delayed because of this F2P option that was also paid by our subscription.

Making subscribers pay for it a second time is criminal and I won't take it.

I want Makeb and its story content to be free for subscribers.

If they claim to have added "more stuff than originally planned", which I doubt, then they can make us pay that part.
But Makeb and its storyline, free.

(Also, from all the communications I've read, there was no mention of any warzone, flashpoint or operation with Makeb when James Ohlen spoke about it. So you'd better prepared to be disappointed when Makeb hit the PTS)
Do you think Blizzard charging subscribers for their add-ons to be "criminal"?

Edzew
12.23.2012 , 11:43 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.
one planet in SWG was the size of at least 3 planets in TOR soooo there ya go

Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
Don't tell me you expect to play on the whole planet ? Come on, don't be a fool.
this made me laugh, TORs planets are a joke!! you must stay on path if you go too far off path you DIE!!! o and we aint gunna tell you how far too far is and we wont tell you where safety is either B^P

Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
Well stop imagining things to make a point and actually base your concerns on facts (which you don't have yet).
and neither do the people saying that the planet is huge, that we will get new Races and all the other crap you people keep spouting out. the FACT IS is that a dev came out and said this new planet, extra levels WAS NOT AN EXPANSION and that IT WILL BE FREE. THAT is a FACT

Quote: Originally Posted by Kani_Warysia View Post
Folks who tend to parse definitions usually have already lost the argument. It would be worth debating if the expansion is worth the price, but arguing whether it is an expansion or not is like liking arguing that water isn't wet.
i agree that arguing weather its an expansion or not is silly, especially when a dev already said it wasn't an expansion and that it was to bee free

Durasturan
12.23.2012 , 11:44 AM | #463
Honestly, I doubt it's criminal here in the United States, but other countries have MUCH stricter truth in advertising laws. Though I seriously doubt anything would come of it here and now, if Blizzard had done this exact same thing they likely would have been fined by the RoK... for like the third time.

A lot of other countries take the "video game industry" more seriously than us, when it comes to the US most people only care if toys kill children, don't kill kids, don't see what the problem is.

But this could honestly count as a bait and switch, and Blizzard has been fined and sued (successfully) for less. There probably just aren't enough of the right kind of people playing SWTOR for it to become a big deal.

Then again, this games CM would probably have thrown up so many flags in RoK who knows. IANAL so I'm not sure.

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.23.2012 , 12:02 PM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by Senatsu View Post
Is the general lack of logic this prominent among people nowadays? Seriously, I can't believe you guys actually believe they will keep level 50 flashpoints and operations when the cap is 55. The failings in logic among human beings surprise me more and more every day.

Logic and what Bioware does not really works well together.

They mentioned adding new story missions, I don't see why that wouldn't also entail class stories.

Bioware allready said there will be no class stories on makeb is part of the reason so many people are pissed.

Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!
As you can see no class stories. Just plain planet story I would love this expansion if it continued class story added new conversations with companions, new companion quests etc. No such luck.

Oggthebase
12.23.2012 , 12:03 PM | #465
your question doesn't have anything to do with my statement.

Genuine
12.23.2012 , 12:32 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
There will be no class story content they said it allready. Where does it say anything about new flashpoints and operations? And datacrons? Please give me tools and 30 mins and i can add 100 new datacrons to game lmao.
What..........no class story ? that is crap the Main reason people play this game is for the class story missions
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Jonoku
12.23.2012 , 01:39 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Those people are gonna be rewarded with 5 day early acess.

When they release more info and those that didnt pre-order right away will want to... they will have to wait an extra 5 days and will feel dumb for having bitten into the hate train.
5 days early access, Oh wat a big difference to get to play early /sarcasm off
Seriously, I'm not biting EAware's bait, I wont feel dumb for not preordering regardless if the expansion is good or complete crap or mediocre. Its just the fanboism disease you have and seeing constant hate on the game. I don't hate the game, just giving them criticism to make the game better. I'm not a debbie downer or a optimist, the games falls is overwhelming whats good in the game.

I will feel dumb however, if I buy(preorder) the expansion mindlessly without thinking things through like the rest of you.

grombrinda
12.23.2012 , 01:52 PM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
Those people are gonna be rewarded with 5 day early acess.

When they release more info and those that didnt pre-order right away will want to... they will have to wait an extra 5 days and will feel dumb for having bitten into the hate train.
This has got to be one of the weakest pro-Makeb argument I have read.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

VarrusTheEthical
12.23.2012 , 02:18 PM | #469
If Makeb has as much new content as I hope it will, then ten bucks for a subscriber isn't such a bad deal. I do wonder if this will set the template for future expansions, tough. Ten dollars for every new planet and increase in level cap?
The Starshield Legacy

Volk- Commando, Dahl- Jedi Guardian, Palantine- Sith Juggernaut.

LordMalic
12.23.2012 , 02:58 PM | #470
How many of you have been with this game since Beta? I have followed all information since beta and they did mention an item of interest about expansions that EAware expressed but wasn't sure if they would do it. They said a year ago that they may make expansions a payable experience. If you look at past games an expansion for WoW in particular was like 30-40$ for a short amount of levels and limited content.

SWTOR has story and for a planet the size of say Alderaan with a new story ARC and new Adv. Class upgrades to even a new operation plus more than likely new Flashpoint 10$ isn't bad nor is 20$. The ones complaining are probably the same ones complaining about $15 a month for a subscription. So sit back and cry, but I will keep playing and not complain about petty things like $10 for an expansion. If you don't like the game then quit, and go back to your other $15 a month game of WoW and let us play a game we like.
X-RAIDED
Dravyn Ganderin Serpitina
SHADOWLANDS