Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mercathode
12.22.2012 , 09:24 AM | #371
This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue. Maybe they want some mystery to it. To add suspense? To claim to know the size before it's out and bash is silly. When it comes out and if it's small then you can tell me I told you so.

Idk. It's like some people have a macro button on their keyboard that just says "SWTOR SUCKS", "THE DEV"S SUCK", "THIS NEW STUFF IS CRAP AND IT SUCKS" whenever there's a post about anything Bioware does or didn't do.

Cool the jets. Unless you are a Dev....none of us have any idea what's coming. I have a feeling no matter how big or small or how much content there is, the macro mashers will come out of the rafters to bash it.

Love you all though....so take it w/ a grain of salt.....bashers and non-bashers alike.

LordExozone
12.22.2012 , 09:29 AM | #372
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercathode View Post
This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue.
We do, since they said it will be the same size as the larger planets currently in the game. So the same size as say Belsavis, Corellia or Hoth. Which is ridiculous for a paid expansion.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

mothear
12.22.2012 , 09:30 AM | #373
Quote: Originally Posted by MentalCase View Post
I agree with this.
Then you miss the point

Jonoku
12.22.2012 , 09:31 AM | #374
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
You mean the biggest planets this game has which you actually consider large? I consider it mediocre at best.

Alec_Fortescue
12.22.2012 , 09:37 AM | #375
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
You mean the biggest planets this game has which you actually consider large? I consider it mediocre at best.
Planets... Not planet, but planets :> Maybe it's of a size of Belsavis, Tatooine and Hoth altogether?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=788459&page=2 - Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

mothear
12.22.2012 , 09:39 AM | #376
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercathode View Post
This is the 1st "expansion" for SWTOR. Why trash it before you know what and how big it is? WoW has had several, so people know what to expect. We have no clue. Maybe they want some mystery to it. To add suspense? To claim to know the size before it's out and bash is silly. When it comes out and if it's small then you can tell me I told you so.

Idk. It's like some people have a macro button on their keyboard that just says "SWTOR SUCKS", "THE DEV"S SUCK", "THIS NEW STUFF IS CRAP AND IT SUCKS" whenever there's a post about anything Bioware does or didn't do.

Cool the jets. Unless you are a Dev....none of us have any idea what's coming. I have a feeling no matter how big or small or how much content there is, the macro mashers will come out of the rafters to bash it.

Love you all though....so take it w/ a grain of salt.....bashers and non-bashers alike.
As a lover of SWTOR and a so called basher of this expansion let me say I have never said 'SWTOR sucks', The Dev's suck, ' This new stuff is crap and it sucks''.

I see this as a cash grab for the December figures and worry at the sign that this game is doing so badly that they ask for pre-orders on an 'expansion' without giving any details past the planet and levels. This could do a lot of damage to a minority of players and I am now officially worried, for the first time, for the future. The 11,000 cartel coins I had planned to buy on a monthly basis, and did last month, are now on hold until I know what is going on.

P.S love you too

GrandMike
12.22.2012 , 09:42 AM | #377
Quote: Originally Posted by Malkavier View Post
Wrath was by no means big. I went from BC L70 and gear cap, to L80, in T6 raid gear in 7 days flat. Arguably, Burning Crusade was their largest expansion. Cataclysm sure wasn't huge, they just upped the level cap and boosted hitpoints and damage numbers on NPCs so it took longer, and used other petty tricks like putting certain gear on certain factions (and I still went from 80-85 in 1 day).

Don't even sit there and try to equivocate SWTOR and WoW, when nobody has even seen Makeb yet except the development team.

Edit: Or you can equivocate, but then that's like arguing before a court of law, with zero evidence in your possession to successfully win your case before the judge, let alone state your case.
You dont have to see Makeb, go replay Alderaan or Belsavis ( minus class story) and thats your Makeb.

Few months ago they themselves called it NON EXPANSION CONTENT UPDATE.

Renaming it to "expansion" wont change that little fact.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Planets... Not planet, but planets :> Maybe it's of a size of Belsavis, Tatooine and Hoth altogether?
Reading dev tracker goes a looooooong way: NO its NOT that big.

Its one zone. One planet. Big as some we already have.

Kani_Warysia
12.22.2012 , 10:50 AM | #378
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
What does a house value have todo with a game expansion value exactly ?. is one of the expansion in a really rough area where its libel to be broken into or something.
Analogy crits you x5.

Kani_Warysia
12.22.2012 , 10:52 AM | #379
Quote: Originally Posted by GrandMike View Post
Makebs price has "nose dived" the moment it appeared for pre order by 50% by your logic. Nice one.
It's not "my" logic. Reading the thread, and what responses are to should be a requirement before responding.

arunav
12.22.2012 , 11:06 AM | #380
If BW adds 1-2 planets a year, I am fine paying $10 for them and some accompanying content, such as a WZ and PvP area, since I like PvP the most of all the endgame activities. Others may get a Op and FP, too.

The story is the best part of the game, and I think most of the planetary arcs were well done. If they put a lot more effort into making the Makeb planetary arc really good, as they indicated it would replicate the earlier quests such as the Revenite and Black Bisector ones, then the story will be engaging and it will be a lot of fun to level your character through it, even more than once.

That was the best part of SWTOR, unlike other MMOs, leveling characters. Having the chance to do so on ones you've become attached to over the past year will be a good experience.

What I am skeptical about is Jeff Hickman and EA actually delivering good content on a regular basis of this nature. Something just doesn't smell right with Makeb - it's seems as though he and EA are trying to leverage everything that they can from it, indicating that other planets like it aren't likely going to be released often, are in development currently.

If this is the case, this game really has no future.