Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Eurynamous's Avatar


Eurynamous
12.21.2012 , 04:34 AM | #311
You have no idea what else this include...

We have no idea what the new Flashpoint count will be.
We have no idea what the new Operation count will be.
We have no idea how big the quest count will be.
We have no idea how and if there is an expanded lightside/darkside bar.
We have no idea what the new Warzone count will be.
We have no idea the number of zones the planet will have.
We have no idea how many heroic quests will be on the planet.
We have no idea how the increase/improvement to crafting will be.
We have no idea how many hours of story are being introduced.
We have no idea what number of collectibles will be unlocked.
We have no idea how many new datacrons will be available.
We have no idea what the additions to the Advanced class trees will look like.
We have no idea what extra features may be added for convenience.
We have no idea... Plain and simple.

So save your tales of woe until we have any actual information other than one planet. I mean, world of warcraft gave us one new planet in their first expansion, the second one was just a zone and the third one was just a reskin of the current world. The fourth being another new zone... See what I am getting at here?

What do you want? Another 200 hours of Class, world and faction story? That's another game bud, and if the first one took at least 5 years to make, an expansion of that size will take about half that time because the source code is already built.
The Red Zone
Amadus Starcrusher
I will take your light, force you into darkness and give you true freedom and power

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
12.21.2012 , 03:32 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by Kani_Warysia View Post
39.99... 19.99.... you should go on....
MoP is only 19.99 right now and includes 3 raids 6 dungeons 7 zones 2 new Battle Grounds 2 new arenas a new class a new race, player housing, pet battles, revamped lower level dungeon and raid content new mounts new tiers of gear new story and five new levels, new abilities and new tiers of gear for both pve and pvp

RotHC will beither 9.99 or 19.99 and includes five new levels and one new planet and repurposed abilities

Chlomamf's Avatar


Chlomamf
12.21.2012 , 03:34 PM | #313
No to be fair, they are adding 5 more levels, and... er...

Nah you're right, burn down the BW HQ.

-Me-'s Avatar


-Me-
12.21.2012 , 03:37 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by Eurynamous View Post
You have no idea what else this include...

We have no idea what the new Flashpoint count will be.
We have no idea what the new Operation count will be.
We have no idea how big the quest count will be.
We have no idea how and if there is an expanded lightside/darkside bar.
We have no idea what the new Warzone count will be.
We have no idea the number of zones the planet will have.
We have no idea how many heroic quests will be on the planet.
We have no idea how the increase/improvement to crafting will be.
We have no idea how many hours of story are being introduced.
We have no idea what number of collectibles will be unlocked.
We have no idea how many new datacrons will be available.
We have no idea what the additions to the Advanced class trees will look like.
We have no idea what extra features may be added for convenience.
We have no idea... Plain and simple.

So save your tales of woe until we have any actual information other than one planet. I mean, world of warcraft gave us one new planet in their first expansion, the second one was just a zone and the third one was just a reskin of the current world. The fourth being another new zone... See what I am getting at here?

What do you want? Another 200 hours of Class, world and faction story? That's another game bud, and if the first one took at least 5 years to make, an expansion of that size will take about half that time because the source code is already built.
Yet they put pre-oder up without telling us any of that. Sorry but it kinda feels like, what do they NOT want to tell us?
Allow me to use my own avatar and signature, I'll think about it. Oh wait...

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
12.21.2012 , 03:40 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
MoP is only 19.99 right now and includes 3 raids 6 dungeons 7 zones 2 new Battle Grounds 2 new arenas a new class a new race, player housing, pet battles, revamped lower level dungeon and raid content new mounts new tiers of gear new story and five new levels, new abilities and new tiers of gear for both pve and pvp

RotHC will beither 9.99 or 19.99 and includes five new levels and one new planet and repurposed abilities
This is a bad comparison - You can't play MOP without having all previous expansions purchased and installed. And there is no player housing in WoW. Where did you get that idea?
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
12.21.2012 , 03:46 PM | #316
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
Don't be dense. This is a bad comparison - You can't play MOP without having all previous expansions purchased and installed. And there is no player housing in WoW. Where did you get that idea?
I just started doing this new thing and it's made the forums 100x better. Anyone that opens their " counter argument" with a personal attack gets immediately ignored. If you don't have anything logical to say, no point talking to you.

I recommend everyone try it.

Altyrell's Avatar


Altyrell
12.21.2012 , 03:49 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by byteresistor View Post
You don't know how big Makeb is. Stop with the damn hyperbole.
Not to mention they aren't done releasing all of the info on the expansion itself.

chuixupu's Avatar


chuixupu
12.21.2012 , 03:50 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
I just started doing this new thing and it's made the forums 100x better. Anyone that opens their " counter argument" with a personal attack gets immediately ignored. If you don't have anything logical to say, no point talking to you.

I recommend everyone try it.
In other words, you realized you just provided faulty information and have no response for it so you'll just pretend it didn't exist instead. But to make you feel better I'll remove inferred insult and apologize, although you won't see this because you ignored me.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ElitehunterDS's Avatar


ElitehunterDS
12.21.2012 , 03:52 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Yeah well the pre-order bonus should be increased until we get the info needed, for the moment its "we have stuff in that "paid patch", we cant say what but buy it"
  • How big in term of size compared to another planet for reference?
  • How many quest?
  • Do we get new mechanics?

I do remember a dev saying section X was going to be awesome, but it was empty.. No questline, nothing.
Retiring from SWTOR August 2013

Sev'ra Level 55 Sith Assassin {Deception spec}
Tempest (Prophecy of the Five)

Durasturan's Avatar


Durasturan
12.21.2012 , 03:55 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by Altyrell View Post
Not to mention they aren't done releasing all of the info on the expansion itself.
Then they need to get busy convincing people it's worth the money, because when you click on the "pre-order now" button, here's SPECIFICALLY what they gauruntee to provide for the money you're giving them: Access to the planet of Makeb, we have no video of what that ac tually means. no developer walkthrough, no patch notes, no thing. We are getting five new levels, but no preview of what the abilities look like, what they do, how we unlock them etc. They say they are giving us new quests and new "story" but no new class story.

I am done trusting a companies "marketing department" on what they will and won't provide. Their whole purpose is to upsell and oversell and then once they've got our money, oh well, too bad so sad you don't really like it and it's nothing like what we said.