Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RichT
12.20.2012 , 01:23 PM | #271
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
This was from Allyson. I high-lighetd portion were they BioWare confirm what size Makeb will be...notice the would Equal
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Oh yeah, I saw that before. Thats what my comment about the galaxy map was all about. Some are focusing on the actual size of the planet....when it's the number of quests IMO that would determine a larger planet.

I think the larger ones we have now are 4 level range planets? I might be mistaken as Im not at home ATM...but I dont recall any 5's.

So IIRC, by virtue of this being a 5...wouldn't that make it "larger"?

Taorus
12.20.2012 , 01:30 PM | #272
Quote: Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Of course I do. If it's something that I didnt have access to before on my chatacters....why wouldn't I ? Dont you find it to be splitting hairs a bit to dismiss it simply because an NPC has it?
Sorry...But no. When you just move the code...it doesn't make it new. Seems kinda lazy to me. And sadly if I point at other games it will be taken as an endorsement of the other games. I don't expect the best...Just better.

By that measure you couldn't really add anything at all. Somewhere some mob will have it.

Ok, thats fair enough. And I never expected you to have a new move to list, because quite honestly..anything would probably have to be a clone or offshoot of something being done already. if you can come up with one though, you've got more creative talent than I.
I cant see much that would be totally unseen before.
I just want better. Its a little dishonest. That is what I am concerned about, In first being charged for a large content update was changed by a single word to an Expansion and charged for not so new ability's.

erei
12.20.2012 , 01:30 PM | #273
Oh yeah, I saw that before. Thats what my comment about the galaxy map was all about. Some are focusing on the actual size of the planet....when it's the number of quests IMO that would determine a larger planet.

I think the larger ones we have now are 4 level range planets? I might be mistaken as Im not at home ATM...but I dont recall any 5's.

You do 11 to 12 planet during your leveling, including a very small one, Quesh.. And earn 50lvl. That makes around 5lvl/planet.

nidalad
12.20.2012 , 01:38 PM | #274
I'm not impressed with the details that have been released at all. The expansion is way to small, more like a patch and how is it going to address stagnant end game? At one point swtor had more active players than wow but the stagnant end game combined with bugs, balance issues and way to much focus on themepark style gameplay drove them away.

Wasn't Makeb and much of the content we're just starting to see trickle into the game actually created along time ago?

Seems to me Bioware is just trying to recoup their losses, maybe even struggling just to keep the swtor lights on month to month. From everything we've seen so far I expect and am prepared for more disappointment.

I have Rl friends who I've played mmo's with for over a decade who also played swtor and I can't even talk them into coming back to play for FREE, that's saying something. Even if this "expansion" were free it won't save this game. My conclusion is that Bioware ran out lemons for their thinking cap.
Moonrunner

Spartanik
12.20.2012 , 01:50 PM | #275
Quote: Originally Posted by philrowen View Post
Two storylines.
Meh one for empire other for republic, want to bet?!
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

Taorus
12.20.2012 , 01:51 PM | #276
Quote: Originally Posted by Spartanik View Post
Meh one for empire other for republic, want to bet?!
Already confirm. One story line per faction.

mothear
12.20.2012 , 01:53 PM | #277
Quote: Originally Posted by erei View Post
You do 11 to 12 planet during your leveling, including a very small one, Quesh.. And earn 50lvl. That makes around 5lvl/planet.
Wow Coruscant at level 6, that would be original, dooh.

Durasturan
12.20.2012 , 01:54 PM | #278

I would almost accept this argument about "size" if it weren't for the fact that she at no time says she is referring specifically to its geographic area, in fact her comment goes on to mention quests, datacrons etc, leading us to surmise that she is in fact talking about the general ie length of the planet as opposed to geometric composition.

DAMossimo
12.20.2012 , 02:02 PM | #279
Most of the existing planets cover 5 levels - 4 levels storyline/planet arc, +1 level for bonus series. Just thought i throw that tidbit out there.

BadOrb
12.20.2012 , 02:04 PM | #280

Don't forget the repeatable missions series too. So in actual fact , without doing the heroics or those repeatable missions you might only level up 3 levels. Doesn't bother me as I have a few characters that haven't done any corellia side quests plus some bonus series here and there.

Cheers,

BadOrb.
'Ah you think micro transactions are your ally ? The DLC betrays you because it belongs to me , when your home world is monetized , you have my permission to buy'.
"Oh goody. Lord Douchebag McFuzzlebunny can now be related to me if he see's my legacy name and decides he likes it." quote from Selvec 09/06/12