Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Durasturan
12.20.2012 , 12:37 PM | #251
Quote: Originally Posted by Petnil View Post
When you buy a real boxed expansion pack you usually get one month of game time included. Imo this is DLC. I want my expansions as a box. Im old fasioned that way, i know. I would be more inclined to buy a boxed expansion incl. 1 month gametime for 25$ than this skimpy looking DLC. I might end up buying this anyways, i dont know. Ive kinda lost confidence in EAware. I like swtor, but the bugs and lagg and disconnects are ruining my fun.
If RotHC came with game time, level cap, new class, new race, new zone, class quests, new game systems, new abilities, new story, 3 raids, 9 zones, 6 flash points, 2 warzones, 2 arenas and a whole new tier of gear for both pvp and pve than I would certainly pay $40.

I completely agree, I want my expansion as a box, I want a real expansion. I'll pay for that. But I don't want this watered down over priced piece of crud.

RichT
12.20.2012 , 12:39 PM | #252
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
Just wait. Once they find out the "new ability" is an ability the current NPC's already have.

Serious?

You've resorted now to trying to bash any new ability we will get? An NPC already has it so it sucks??

Good lord. Just proving that some people cannot ever be satisfied.

/picardfacepalm

Durasturan
12.20.2012 , 12:42 PM | #253
Quote: Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Serious?

You've resorted now to trying to bash any new ability we will get? An NPC already has it so it sucks??

/picardfacepalm
I think the point is "why aren't they developing NEW and UNIQUE content instead of just recylcling old code?"

See the whole deal with the CM and why so many people are upset with it, is that a lot of the stuff in there was in beta... don't believe me, look it up. A majority of these orange items they're charging ten dollars for were in beta and then pulled. At the time the devs said they'd be introducing them as rewards for events and slowly released, they didn't want to flood them all at once.

then they charged us for the.

HK too.

Makeb.

It's a long and glorious trend and it does not bode well for the long term development of the game.

Taorus
12.20.2012 , 12:44 PM | #254
Serious?

/picardfacepalm
So. You think an ability that a current in game NPC has now, But because they sell it you later its new?

Keep defending Brother. No...I am not satisfied when a "new ability" is not so new.

RichT
12.20.2012 , 12:44 PM | #255
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
I know dude. I just don't get this. I've provided like 3 links, screen shots, actual hard visual evidence. And all I get is "NUH UH!!!!!!"

It's like some people just can't possibly believe that they're getting scrrwed.

Who would be getting screwed because of this??

By the same token you got screwed with MoP and the Monk Class as the monk is building combo...woops sorry, lets call it Chi...and has a sap...err sorry, Paralasys...far too unique to be compared.

Shamans lightning is not to be confused with monks crackling green lightning...well heck...this ones Green!

No problem there though right? Jeez guys...this is getting pretty sad.

RichT
12.20.2012 , 12:46 PM | #256
Quote: Originally Posted by Taorus View Post
So. You think an ability that a current in game NPC has now. But because they sell it you later its new?

Keep defending Brother. No...I am not satisfied when a "new ability" is not so new.

If I didnt have access to it on my character?

Yes...it's new.

Looked like a nice cleave attack to me by the video, which as a tank class will be nice to have. Lemme guess, you play DPS...

johnxtreeme
12.20.2012 , 12:47 PM | #257
Quote: Originally Posted by Durasturan View Post
If RotHC came with game time, level cap, new class, new race, new zone, class quests, new game systems, new abilities, new story, 3 raids, 9 zones, 6 flash points, 2 warzones, 2 arenas and a whole new tier of gear for both pvp and pve than I would certainly pay $40.

I completely agree, I want my expansion as a box, I want a real expansion. I'll pay for that. But I don't want this watered down over priced piece of crud.

A whole expansion ISN'T COMING. The game isn't successful enough.

And anyway, just out of interest because I'm sure someone's asked you before, WHY don't you go play WOW? It's successful enough to release a big expansion.

RichT
12.20.2012 , 12:49 PM | #258
Quote: Originally Posted by johnxtreeme View Post
A whole expansion ISN'T COMING. The game isn't successful enough.

And anyway, just out of interest because I'm sure someone's asked you before, WHY don't you go play WOW? It's successful enough to release a big expansion.

They're hoping people dont notice that they're pimping WoW as being so great....but for some reason it must be less fun to actually play than it is to post in this games forums. lol.

Speaks volumes.

Taorus
12.20.2012 , 12:52 PM | #259
If I didnt have access to it on my character?

Yes...it's new.

Looked like a nice cleave attack to me by the video, which as a tank class will be nice to have. Lemme guess, you play DPS...
Have all three class's on multiple toons. I'm just use to when I purchase an "expansion" The "new ability" is not something I face every single day in the game I currently have from NPC in the game before the "expansion". Even if its just $9.99.

Taorus
12.20.2012 , 12:58 PM | #260
They're hoping people dont notice that they're pimping WoW as being so great....but for some reason it must be less fun to actually play than it is to post in this games forums. lol.

Speaks volumes.
Go find a single post where I pimp WoW. But I will save you some time. I do not care/like or have any feeling towards WoW except disgust.

I am sorry you think its OK to Re-color armor and have it sold as new, ability's that NPC's have now as new.

I just want when I am ask to purchase something that is being touted as new....it be new.