Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jedilier
12.19.2012 , 09:40 PM | #201
Ok dont get me wrong i like the idea of an expansion but didnt they say when they were first announcing free to play that any future expansions would be free to subscribers?? whatever happened to holding up there end if the deal? they never announced that they were changing what they said and frankly i feel lied to....

chuixupu
12.19.2012 , 09:43 PM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by jedilier View Post
Ok dont get me wrong i like the idea of an expansion but didnt they say when they were first announcing free to play that any future expansions would be free to subscribers?? whatever happened to holding up there end if the deal? they never announced that they were changing what they said and frankly i feel lied to....
They never said expansions would be free. They said *non-expansion content updates* would be free. The whole reason why people are angry is that they feel this is just a simple content update disguised as an expansion.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

DarkoDon
12.19.2012 , 09:47 PM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans.

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Rise of the Hutt Cartel
The first Digital Expansion for The Old Republic™ introduces an aggressive new enemy threatening the future of the galaxy: the Hutt Cartel

Experience 5 new levels, including story-driven missions, as the level cap increases to 55!
Face-off against a frightening new enemy when you battle the nefarious Hutt Cartel.
The fate of the new planet Makeb is at stake... and in your hands.
Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

It is an expansion, it only costs $10, stop adding to the already 100 retarded threads that are WRONG!
Jaltez - 50 ConSeer
Darko - 50 BountyTech
Stan'li - 50 SmugSlinger
Hookah - Be 50 in no time cause its way to easy to lvl in this game - ComMedic

Divine-Shadow
12.19.2012 , 09:52 PM | #204
I weep for todays new MMO player, you really have no idea what you're talking about, LOL.
BROOL CORY, STO.

AshlaBoga
12.19.2012 , 10:20 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueArab View Post
No one could ever please you. You could have thirty of the most beautiful women on the planet jerking you off, and you would still be a miserable ********.
His analysis isn't that bad. Belsavis one of the largest planets, has datacrons and two main planet storylines. That being said, if they gave us Belsavis with many high quality faction-story missions I'd be okay. The issue is that with so many of the original writers gone, I doubt we're going to be seeing the same quality from the story missions. I HOPE I'm wrong. I'm willing to pay the $9.99 if it has a new Operation and Flashpoint attached.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

RichT
12.19.2012 , 10:28 PM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by British View Post
The idea of an MMO is that you get something for your $15 a month.. We really have not gotten anything of note in a year, just broken promises and bugs.

To then make us pay $10 for something that should have been released for our monthly sub?

All you are entitled to for your 15 bucks is the ability to log in and play the game. Minus downtime for maintenance of course....thats it.

Where did we ever grow this entitlement mentality that we are owed anything else?

RichT
12.19.2012 , 10:33 PM | #207
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
Doesn't really matter what you call it anymore - people are unsubbing over it. I simply consider it sad.
Sure they are.

I always see people who "unsubbed"..yet still occupy these forums spreading their doom and gloom. Will some? maybe...but Im betting most of them saying they will are BSing. Scratch down the names in this thread who are "unsubbing" and keep an eye out for them after Makeb, they'll still be here ************ about something Makeb didnt include.

Eldriq
12.19.2012 , 10:33 PM | #208
I don't get why so many people on this thread still play this game. When this news broke I was excited a new world, new gear, new dailies and bosses plus 5 new levels all for 10 bucks. Man this made my day maybe even my week "I know I am a sad middle aged man".

Then you come on the forums and people are yelling about the fact that it should be free, arguing on whether it is a expansion pack or DLC whatever. The great thing about this is if you are not 50 you don't need to buy the thing just keep doing what you are doing and then at 50 decide. Now for those already at 50 yeah you are in tight spot but only if you getting caught in semantics either you want to play the game or not? Simple really if you are not excited about the new content then you need to ask yourself do you really want to keep playing? I don't mean this in a mean way I had a break for about 2 months to give me some space and to do some real life stuff. Feels great to be back by the way but sorry for the digression. Really if this does not at least make you at least a little excited maybe it is time to take some time off, the game will be here when you get back.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

MastaKorgy
12.19.2012 , 10:33 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!

Quote: Originally Posted by Darth-Rammstein View Post
Sorry EAWare but a single planet is not considered an expansion for any mmo. $10 isn't a lot of money but it shouldn't cost anything to subscribers to be honest. You have made a killing with the f2p shop, it's not like you're not making money off this game already! Not to mention you can't even purchase it with CC coins, just seems to me like another nickel and dime grab from your loyal fans..

$10 For an expansion is very cheap. Makeb brings in a lot of new things which people including have been waiting for a very long time. It is also a very prompt and quaint release timing since patch 1.7. I am extremely pleased.

Thanks Bioware for taking the first true next step in you great game! I will be around for many more years to come and am looking forward to this expansion and I have already bought it!
Φ█╠\\\\\\\|█|☾[||▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)⁞

grombrinda
12.19.2012 , 10:45 PM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To give you all a better idea of Makeb's scope, it's a planet of equal size to our larger planets and it contains a variety of areas – sprawling mesas, underground caverns, garden estates, and more. It introduces faction-specific storylines, new Heroic missions and bosses, repeatable mission series, and new Datacrons! The 5 new levels will occupy players for a fair amount of time, and there's plenty of content to get you there (including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there). Keep in mind that this announcement is just the start – as we approach Makeb's launch, you'll see more details about the content coming with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!
Umm...no without the continuing character story line...this is not an expansion no matter how you spin it.

Look to be honest, if you guys would just let the subscriber's be able to buy with their cartel coins, alot of the grief would rightly so go away.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!