Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One planet is not an expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
One planet is not an expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

jakler
12.19.2012 , 06:09 PM | #181
I honestly choked on my drink when I read their e-mail proclaiming the content update to be an "expansion". A good bit of laughing followed.

AsheraII
12.19.2012 , 06:15 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
I can tell you why you didn't hear any whining about that. Because what you are saying is not even close to be true. An average TOR planet is something like 1-1.5 of an average WoW zone of any expansion. BC had 7 such zones, WotLK had 8.
Next time, get your facts straight before posting please.
You as well, since Allisson was talking about a planet sized like one of the BIGGER planets in TOR, not like the "avarage" planet.
So think Taris, Tatooine, Belsavis, don't think Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa or Dromund Kaas.

Basically, planets each stretching SEVERAL zones from WoW expansions. Or, sized about a quarter to a third the size of Outland. For 8-20 bucks (depending whether you pre-order or not). Especially the pre-order price is pretty much a bargain, while the "normal" price is rather comparable given the size.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Ishagu
12.19.2012 , 06:20 PM | #183
Guys, the price of makeb is fine, really.

It's going to be 5 - 10 hours of new content, new heroics and dailies, and likely new HMs and OPs when it launches.

Yes, MOP and Cataclism are bigger - but they also cost 4x the price.

Remember, Makeb costs the same as a double whopper with cheese meal.
Laptop: Alienware M15x, I7 740QM, 8GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333Mhz, 1.5GB Nvidia GTX 460M, 500GB SATA HD @ 7200rpm, Windows 7 x64, 1600x900
-~Ishagu~-

TUXs
12.19.2012 , 06:25 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalmackem View Post
Lotro did a one zone expansion with 5 level increase only and several other 1 zone expansions, swg did 2 one planet expansions, everquest have done several 1 zone expansions, age of conan has done a 1 zone expansion.
This. On top of THIS, this 'expansion' is only $10, not $30-$40 like some.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)

mothear
12.19.2012 , 06:29 PM | #185
Quote: Originally Posted by AsheraII View Post
You as well, since Allisson was talking about a planet sized like one of the BIGGER planets in TOR, not like the "avarage" planet.
So think Taris, Tatooine, Belsavis, don't think Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa or Dromund Kaas.

Basically, planets each stretching SEVERAL zones from WoW expansions. Or, sized about a quarter to a third the size of Outland. For 8-20 bucks (depending whether you pre-order or not). Especially the pre-order price is pretty much a bargain, while the "normal" price is rather comparable given the size.

So you admit to exaggerating, hmm ok. You also forget to mention:-
  • New starting zones x 2
  • New classes x 2
  • New profession
  • More than 10 FP's
  • An Op

If a quarter of that above was also included then you have a case however selective usage of facts seems to be used on all sides eh.

From Allyson's explanation I think that we will probably have enough content for 3-4 levels and the rest will be grinding dailies or other ways of earning xp, I may be wrong however.

Aelther
12.19.2012 , 06:56 PM | #186
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
new Datacrons!
Hooray for Datacrons!
(including a lot of stuff tucked away for the explorers out there)
I hope this includes pets!

Vlacke
12.19.2012 , 07:12 PM | #187
Pre-ordered like a boss.
Telcontar Legacy

SpeedyVT
12.19.2012 , 07:18 PM | #188
They should be expanding the current planets and fine tuning the current game system. Improving it's performance!!! Also a 64 bit client would be nice.
PIE!

DarthRamette
12.19.2012 , 07:38 PM | #189
Quote: Originally Posted by Clevelandboy View Post
Both SWG xpacks was a single planet for 4x the cash... Not to mention the last xpac in SWG was a bait and switch that gave us the NGE
For which I will never forgive Lucas Arts for.

Stradlin
12.19.2012 , 08:09 PM | #190

a planet of equal size to our larger planets
new Heroic missions and bosses
repeatable mission series
Datacrons!
The 5 new levels

You are describing a content patch.

Nothing told so far even suggests there would be some apparent valid reason to increase lvl cap whatsoever. With one highly significant exception; increasing lvl cap forces people who have any interest in dealing with a lvl cap content to buy this..this " expansion" Based on all that has been said and done so far, this is only reason why cap is increased. Otherwise people might simply skip this.

No mention of Flashpoints or new Ops.
No mention of a single new game feature or tweak.

I have no issue paying for expansions in addition to having to pay a sub fee. Out of non dysfunctional MMOs, only Eve Online has approach more fair to consumers.
I have huge issue with EA forcing me to buy seeminhly irrelevant, unnecessary additional planet by bringing completely artifical, ill justified lvl cap increase with it.

New expansion. Lvl cap increase.
NO mention of new lvl cap content.
ROFLMAO.