Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Little Help?


Gremore's Avatar


Gremore
12.18.2012 , 06:37 PM | #1
Hello all,

I've recently hit level 50, currently I'm thoroughly enjoying everything but I'd still consider myself a big ol' noob!
This is my first post on the Forum so please be gentle with me.

So it's been just over a week (I think) and I'm currently standing at this with my Tanking Gear:

20k HP (20106 to be exact)
Armour - 37% Damage Reduction
Defence - 25.5% Avoidance
Shield - 35% Chance to block (I get a +15% from my ability so actually is 50% when in combat)
Absorbtion - 40% absorbtion
Accuracy - 98%

I'm a Jedi Consular with (from my research) the optimal Kinetic skill tree build.

My gear currently is mainly Tionese with 2 Columi, 1 Blackhole.

(That's my current stats)

What I'm really asking is for some advice. I'd consider myself a bit of an old hat at MMOs and I'm enjoying tanking with this class and feel like I'm becoming more fluid with the rotation each time I play.
I've done all the normal mode FPs and I've done Maelstrom Prison, Koan Under Siege, False Emperor and Directive 7.

I'd like to try them all but I'm wondering if I'm geared enough for Lost Island or any of the Operations as they seem the next logical step in my progression.
Also, I'd love some advice on what Relic's people are using!!

Sorry to waffle on but I'm really trying to get across my current gear, capacity to play and my need for some good solid advice.

Gremore's Avatar


Gremore
12.20.2012 , 10:24 AM | #2
=( Nobody willing to help?

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.20.2012 , 10:50 AM | #3
Reason for not many replies, is you did not ask direct question.
LI HM is more of execution thing then gear. You should read guides and strategies for it.
About gear, for Shadow most people say about 24k hp, 33% def chance, 50% shield chance base (70% with buff - 2 piece gear set bonus gives you +5% to that skill) and 62% absorb.

Being a tank is about execution. You direct bosses, manage whole fights, and need to take care of your healer.
My advice would be to get into a guild, as tanking for pugs all the time (specially for fresh tank) might be annoying.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
12.20.2012 , 11:10 AM | #4
[QUOTE=Atramar;5612042
About gear, for Shadow most people say about 24k hp, 33% def chance, 50% shield chance base (70% with buff - 2 piece gear set bonus gives you +5% to that skill) and 62% absorb.
[/QUOTE]

My tank is in full BH augmented (bar mainhand which is columi with 58 mods) and is no where near those stats. I'm currently sitting around 24k unbuffed, 26% defence and 50/50 shield/absorb.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.20.2012 , 11:17 AM | #5
FlyinSpaghetti, I ment for optimised Dread guard. Mine is 23k Hp, 34% def chcance, 51% shield chance and 55% absorb, rate 61 stuff

OP: drop accuracy please, you will gain some shield chance there.

For Relics, my sin (mirror to shadow) is using pvp WH relics for defence chance, as I don't like shield proc ones, nor click ones... but it's every ones taste.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Chaqen's Avatar


Chaqen
12.20.2012 , 12:56 PM | #6
It really comes down to the healer you bring with you. If they are not the type to cleanse, then you will not make it past the trash imo, if they are decent and on top of things then you should be fine if you execute properly.

I believe on one occasion i healed a PT tank that was about 17k hp with some greens still, wasnt the greatest, but still wasnt the worst :P
-La'Mis Legacy- Proud Member of Hatred and PUGS

Biskibis-Operative -- Kemenotic-Marauder -- Chaqen-Darksin -- Wallabe-Sniper -- Belsapher-Mercenary

dipstik's Avatar


dipstik
12.20.2012 , 01:48 PM | #7
apprently shadow tanks are all over the board cuz i hear ppl shoot for 30/45/60 with 27k HP.

i suggest you get enought dailies to get a healing proc relic, enough warzone comms to get a PvP defense relic, and more daily comms to get a shiekld/absorb on use relic for burst bosses that have shieldable attacks.

dont go into LIHM until you are confident in SM LI, and run it with guildies/friends the first few times so you dont catch grief froim people (thats makes the game unbearable). try to be in all columi with some rakta before you start trying LIHM. and make sure you are using correct stat weights.

If you add up your defence ratiung, shiekld ratig and absorb rating you get a number.

total defense shield absorb
1400 453 430 518
1500 471 479 550
1600 492 527 581
1700 514 575 611
1800 538 621 641
1900 563 667 670
2000 590 712 698

you want to match that number to the left column, then try to get your ratings to match the row for that total. i suggest using robust 27b mods and steadfast enhancements then using pvp relics and augemtns to balance the rest of the stats. get rid of all your accuracy.

try to get your black hole gear from doing the weeklies in black hole and section X, and the SM operations. do EV/KP in tionese/columi and do EC/TFB in columi... then do EV/KP HM in columi/rakata... then you can start thinking about echm.

wetslampigduex's Avatar


wetslampigduex
12.20.2012 , 01:58 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
FlyinSpaghetti, I ment for optimised Dread guard. Mine is 23k Hp, 34% def chcance, 51% shield chance and 55% absorb, rate 61 stuff

OP: drop accuracy please, you will gain some shield chance there.

For Relics, my sin (mirror to shadow) is using pvp WH relics for defence chance, as I don't like shield proc ones, nor click ones... but it's every ones taste.
If im not mistaken(i very well may be wrong but..) i've read in a lot places there is a hard cap on D chance at 30% also 23k hp is realllllly low for a sin, your self healing is all based off your HP(mine is even too low for my liking)

I believe the poster after you had more optimal stats..

On my Assassin I go with 30% D 65% shield(w/ Dark Ward) and 60 absorb and 25.8k HP this is a Campaign Geared Sin...

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
12.21.2012 , 04:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
If im not mistaken(i very well may be wrong but..) i've read in a lot places there is a hard cap on D chance at 30% also 23k hp is realllllly low for a sin, your self healing is all based off your HP(mine is even too low for my liking)

I believe the poster after you had more optimal stats..

On my Assassin I go with 30% D 65% shield(w/ Dark Ward) and 60 absorb and 25.8k HP this is a Campaign Geared Sin...
I stopped tanking my sin long time ago and moved to jugg, that's why it's so low
Yes, I know about cap, but my math always said that full block is better then shiled at some point. Personal preferences I guess. plus, my healer never complained.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

davethick's Avatar


davethick
12.21.2012 , 05:22 AM | #10
try to get your black hole gear from doing the weeklies in black hole and section X, and the SM operations. do EV/KP in tionese/columi and do EC/TFB in columi... then do EV/KP HM in columi/rakata... then you can start thinking about echm.[/QUOTE]

You can Tank EC and TFB sm in Columi? wow i get turned down alot for having my Guardian in Columi.