Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

are there too many small guilds on this server ?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
are there too many small guilds on this server ?

sir-rob
12.18.2012 , 05:44 PM | #1
first off thanks to the ones that ansewered my last thread now i get why player aren't doing ranked as much as normal wz.

over the last week a few small guild have asked me to join them and this got me thinking (witch hurt a little lol) that maybe there are too many small guild trying to start up and do pvp and that is why its hard to get numbers for ranked. i have been playing his game for a while now and have noticed there are 2 top pvp guilds on each side, if you play pvp you will know them iam not going to name them. as well there are 2 part time pvp guild on each side. so my thought is maybe same of the small guilds should try and join the bigger guilds to boost there numbers so they have the numbers to do ranked more offen. i just think there are to many guilds on this server for the number of people that play.
so what my thought is that if most pvpers are in the top 4 pvp guilds they will then have numbers to do moe ranked games . what do you guys all think?
mrmjrat 50 (powertech, tank) mjrat 55 ( assassin, mdps) dirtyrat 55 (mercenary, healer) ratinthehat 50 (operative, healer) Rat's 18 ( marauder, mdps)tiger'rawh 25 (sage,healer) mr'mjrat 55 (vanguard, tank) drowned'rat 55 (commando, healer/rdps) marcusjames 55 (guardian tank) mj'rat 55 (shadow dps)

BattleGracefully
12.18.2012 , 10:11 PM | #2
simply no top pvp guilds don't want 2 things: 1 being a tonne of people and the other being filled with people that aren't nessacerly good at pvp, a perfect example of this going wrong is "whats wrong with your face" they over recruited and got the not so good as well as the good besides smaller guilds want to be small if they wanted to join a bigger guild they would of from the begining instead of creating thier own guilds.
now please stop with this justification for ranked crap
Keiga - Guardian
Licani - Sentinel
Millianna - Vanguard

-Holmes
12.19.2012 , 01:59 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by BattleGracefully View Post
simply no top pvp guilds don't want 2 things: 1 being a tonne of people and the other being filled with people that aren't nessacerly good at pvp, a perfect example of this going wrong is "whats wrong with your face" they over recruited and got the not so good as well as the good besides smaller guilds want to be small if they wanted to join a bigger guild they would of from the begining instead of creating thier own guilds.
now please stop with this justification for ranked crap
That's not true! I mean... I got in MVP and I'm not exactly... good...
Rollin'dirty - Ridin'dirty
The Omgwtfbbqhax Legacy

kharathos
12.20.2012 , 05:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by -Holmes View Post
That's not true! I mean... I got in MVP and I'm not exactly... good...
Lol joining MVP is nothing special whatsoever. There are plenty (and I mean PLENTY) of crap pvpers in MVP who seemingly think they are special because they are in MVP and wear it like a badge of honor. These players firstly get smashed in one on one fights without other people helping to kill their target and secondly, these people are riding the coat tails and efforts of people like Steelclaw (1,000 blessings upon her ) who are legitimately awesome pvpers. The percentage of great pvpers in mvp is a lot smaller then you think.

But I digress, back on topic, you will find that a lot of these so called "Small Guilds" are just a bunch of friends who form a guild together and play together. And more power to these people. I don't think Dalborra needs to be populated by mega guilds. A lot of guilds do their own thing and I am fine with that. And yeah I too have been invited by these guilds I have never heard or seen before. Some just outright invite me without asking me which I hate.

Bottom line: Yes there are plenty of small guilds on Dalborra, some are private. Others are trying to grow. All guilds have to start small at some point remember.

Penang
12.20.2012 , 10:17 PM | #5
Gotta disagree with the getting smashed 1 vs 1 = bad player. I have seen plenty of pvpers that are excellent as a team although they are bad 1 vs 1. ( As in they know their role, how to cap/defend/pass, etc but tend to lose in a 1 v 1 encounter)
Rhalkirr - Dalborra - Vanguard
Ar'kael - Dalborra - Scoundrel Healer
A Little Bit Gimp

Timbohh
12.20.2012 , 10:40 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Penang View Post
Gotta disagree with the getting smashed 1 vs 1 = bad player. I have seen plenty of pvpers that are excellent as a team although they are bad 1 vs 1. ( As in they know their role, how to cap/defend/pass, etc but tend to lose in a 1 v 1 encounter)
The truely bad players are the ones that fail at pvp objectives AND lose 1v1. On an unrelated note, how is zargor these days?
Timboh, Timbohh, Idzol, Lozdi, Werthless
The Wins Legacy
"I'm a lover AND a fighter... simultaneously"

forumname
12.21.2012 , 01:32 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Timbohh View Post
On an unrelated note, how is zargor these days?
Saw him yesterday, he looks well
Looks like he's halfway through valor 99 now.

Dafydil
12.21.2012 , 05:06 AM | #8
1v1s mean so much in objective team play pvp

haliy
12.21.2012 , 05:30 AM | #9
quality over quantity
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

darthnish
12.21.2012 , 06:25 AM | #10