Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Artifact Equipment Authorization

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Artifact Equipment Authorization
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VonArlos
12.18.2012 , 04:35 PM | #1
Hello, First, let it be noted I am a subscriber. I am asking this so I can "gift" the proper item to a friend who isn't a subscriber.

I would like to purchase with Cartel Coins the Artifact Equipment Authorization and then gift it to a friend. I have seen on the GTN 2 different versions of this item from time to time one called simply "Artifact Equipment Authorization" and one called "Artifact Equipment Authorization- Account.". However, in the tool-tip information for both of these items, I see the message "this item unlocks artifact equipment for all characters on your account". Do both items do this? If so, why are there 2 versions? Or, is the tool-tip information wrong (I know it was wrong for other items)? In my in-game cartel shop, I only see the option to buy for 1200CC the version that doesn't say "Account" in its title (but does say unlocks for all characters in an account in its tool-tip). If I buy that one, is it really going to unlock for the whole account (as the tool-tip says), or do I somehow need to buy one that lists "Account" in the title for this to happen?

Thank you for any information that can be provided, and for pointing me in the right direction to make sure I purchase an unlock that will be viable for my friends entire account.

VonArlos
12.18.2012 , 08:57 PM | #2
So, no one has bought this and could let me know? And no CS rep wants me to pay more $ to buy some CC? Ok...

VonArlos
12.19.2012 , 08:49 AM | #3
Well, I'll try one more time to catch the attention of a CM here, and then I'm just going to skip it. I'm not going to spend real world money on something that may have bugged information and not work as intended. I would love an answer to this question from a caring CM

Gurenn
12.19.2012 , 09:23 AM | #4
I just randomly came across this image, which should tell you what you need to know:

http://images.mmorpg.com/images/news...swtorshop2.jpg

Do you not have this pop-up when trying to purchase the item?
And "No." the 1200 one is not account-wide, as this image clearly shows. Some of those text-descriptions are still wrong.

VonArlos
12.19.2012 , 11:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Gurenn View Post
I just randomly came across this image, which should tell you what you need to know:

And "No." the 1200 one is not account-wide, as this image clearly shows. Some of those text-descriptions are still wrong.
Thank you- no- I do not get that screen when I try to make the purchase- I only get the option to choose the 1200 CC one, as the 2nd one isn't listed at all. Maybe its because I don't have 2700 CC? Looks like BW needs to get that tool-tip information corrected, because it clearly says on the 1200 CC one that is unlocks for all characters on the account. Thank you for saving me a big headached!

oakamp
01.02.2013 , 11:37 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gurenn View Post

thx a lot, the text description is wrong,
and BW CS is the worst.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Cerimon
01.03.2013 , 06:08 AM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings VonArlos,

Please be advised that at this point the information in the Cartel Market for Artifact Equipment Authorization is correct and you should see both the single character unlock for 1200cc and the account wide item for 2700cc regardless of the amount of Cartel Coins you have. Apologies for our delayed response here.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

oakamp
01.03.2013 , 07:20 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Greetings VonArlos,

Please be advised that at this point the information in the Cartel Market for Artifact Equipment Authorization is correct
wrong info,
the information of Artifact Equipment Authorization is wrong,
ur text description is trying to fool ur customer.

i bought it from GTN, and completely waste my credit,
i assume u(BW) don't want to refund ur paying customer their lost from GTN.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

Cerimon
01.04.2013 , 06:24 AM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
oakamp,

To clarify, when you click 'buy now' the choice between the item to unlock for one character or account wide is obvious as per the screen shot linked in this thread.

The actual item received to your inventory will have the following in the tooltip regardless of which item is purchased: "Use: Applies the selected unlock to all character on your account". The tooltip should be different depending on which item is purchased yet they are currently the same.

We hope to have this corrected soon. Apologies for any confusion caused.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support