Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Ability: Retaliation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauder Ability: Retaliation

LarryRow
12.18.2012 , 03:26 PM | #11
In Defense or Defense hybrid, yes, absolutely. In fact, it parses as my highest damager sometimes, because of how often I can use it.

In Vigilance I use it as well, because of the wealth of focus in that spec.

It gets used very infrequently for me in Focus and Combat specs, because the resource/damage trade-off isn't usually there.

Pro-tip: Using Riposte/Retaliate right after an attack with notorious abililty delay, like Blade Storm, will force that ability to do its damage immediately and begin your Riposte animation.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

gvettekill
12.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #12
Love it.

3rd hit on Ravage+annihilate+retaliate=1 global smackdown.

Thats if I have the rage though, which is farely often. just dont the proc enough : /

Kaane
12.18.2012 , 03:28 PM | #13
I use it always. Damage is not bad and off the GCD, adds more burst. Everything that is off the GCD should be used religiously.
Lokaar - Powertech

JustinxDuff
12.18.2012 , 03:30 PM | #14
Isn't worth the focus cost.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 03:31 PM | #15
I had a hard time justifying the rage cost but then again... I ran annihilation for months until min/max.

It's not too often I have excess rage but I can see the usefulness in some situations.

Master_Nate
12.18.2012 , 03:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
I had a hard time justifying the rage cost but then again... I ran annihilation for months until min/max.

It's not too often I have excess rage but I can see the usefulness in some situations.
I throw it in anytime I have the excess fury. I don't prioritize it, but it is on my bar and I am not afraid to use it
IMPERIAL AGENT
Nodo
The Harbinger

Smashbrother
12.18.2012 , 03:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post
Do you use it?

Why or why not?
I'll use it when my opponent pops things that increase their def/parry since it can't be dodged, parried, or miss. I'll also use it when I have too much focus, or I'm about to die and need to unload as much as possible.

Motoeric
12.18.2012 , 04:02 PM | #18
i use it to dump focus for extra damage and vs tanks and people with parry cds popped. also i talent it to reduce cooldown on rebuke(cloak of pain)... so yeah its good.

and yeah im a bad sentinel: http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps70c02f26.jpg
Trollmage <Don't Panic> The Bastion

JustinxDuff
12.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Motoeric View Post
i use it to dump focus for extra damage and vs tanks and people with parry cds popped. also i talent it to reduce cooldown on rebuke(cloak of pain)... so yeah its good.

and yeah im a bad sentinel: http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps70c02f26.jpg
Rateds don't mean anything with the current class balance. Sorry bud.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

criminalheretic
12.18.2012 , 05:17 PM | #20
Like others have said, I tend to use when someone pops a parry cd, it's on my hotbar, but I have to think about using it, it's not something in my regular rotation.

I use it like a boss on my Level 22 Jugg, you know, cause I don't have much else.
What we don't understand, we can make mean anything.
Hyperspace Cannon -> Drooga's -> The Harbinger