Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Marauder Ability: Retaliation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Marauder Ability: Retaliation

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 02:56 PM | #1
Do you use it?

Why or why not?

Technohic
12.18.2012 , 02:58 PM | #2
It's been a few months since I have been on my marauder, but I seem to recall trying to get it in half the time, and other times, just getting it out of the way of my priorities. Had other things I would watch rather than wait for retaliation. I do however; recall using it at times maybe against a healer when I almost got them.

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 02:59 PM | #3
Personally I played around with it early on simply because it is off the GCD but couldn't justify it > massacre spam for less rage and more damage.

AngusFTW
12.18.2012 , 03:03 PM | #4
Don't use it enough, should probably use more. Its got its pros and cons i think

Pros
off gcd
instant
can add to burst

Cons
high focus cost
fairly low dmg

Its great against other sents/maras because in a close fight you using that could be a difference maker.
That guy with all the fat pink twileks with bleez in the name.
TOFN/TRE/much eu much wow
twitch.tv/bleezlord

UGLYMRJ
12.18.2012 , 03:05 PM | #5
Another thing is with my build... and most carnage builds I would assume. I have berserk pretty much up at all times. On top of that my massacre hits like a truck.

Ekoth
12.18.2012 , 03:08 PM | #6
I personally don't find a good use for it on my hotbar. The damage just doesn't seem to be worth the focus cost, and also the situational requirements make it less enticing. This ability activates in response to a defensive proc (dodge/parry/etc.) and we're a class that shouldn't be stacking defensive stats. Bioware tries to make this ability useful with Cloak of Annihilation / Recompense talents to reduce Cloak of Pain / Rebuke cooldowns, but I still only find the ability remotely useful IF I have it usable during precision slash / gore combo.

Maybe if they alter talents to make it more appealing later, but that's only because Combat/Carnage spec playstyle requires less hotkeys than other specs. For now, I don't bother.
Ekoth - Jedi Shadow - Alpha Company, 203rd
SWG Veteran: Release - 2007, Valcyn Server
Ekoth - Elder Jedi - Praetorian, Ubiqtorate
Ryyfro - Commando - Alpha Company, 203rd

Belly
12.18.2012 , 03:10 PM | #7
I don't use it too much on my Guardian either, unless i'm running defense spec. The cost is just too high otherwise
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

Wookieenator
12.18.2012 , 03:10 PM | #8
as long as you're not stupid and know when to use it:
-can't miss
-2-3k crit
-off gcd = massive burst capabilities.

also it's not a sith warrior ability, not marauder.

daveyggg
12.18.2012 , 03:14 PM | #9
Personally I use it quite often. If running Rage tree there is really no reason not to use it as rage management is so stupidly easy(can't remember the last time I used assault running Rage).

Running Carnage if like to use it in the gore window after a massacre spam - force scream - retaliation. You can force it to proc if you obfuscate while you activate gore as long as that person is attacking you and I've had it crit for over 3k so if you combine that with a 4-6k force scream that is a giant burst in 1 GCD.

I use it a lot less in Annihilation as rage management is a little bit tougher but I use it as long as I have some leftover rage and it will leave me with enough rage to activate my big hitters. Also helps apply deadly saber dots in one less GCD.
Theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Nekron

JustinxDuff
12.18.2012 , 03:19 PM | #10
Nope. Not even on my bar.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend