Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error (5) Can't Download Patch

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Error (5) Can't Download Patch
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 02:54 PM | #1
I am receiving a Error when tring to download patch. It wants me to repair. When I repair my internet drops and repair stops due to network error. I tried it 5 times and the same thing keeps happening.

I will post Log.

Spoiler

Beesodd
12.18.2012 , 03:01 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi IBITMLE,

It's possible that your security software is interfering. May I ask what you're using?

Please try removing and re-adding the game and launcher to your exceptions lists, and check that nothing is quarantined.

If this has no effect, please restart the machine in Safe Mode with Networking, and see if you can patch up then.

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 03:10 PM | #3
Thanks for the reply.

I don't have any protection on this pc. I will try install in save mode and return with a reply.

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 03:27 PM | #4
I received the same error in safe mode.

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 05:24 PM | #5
bump..

Beesodd
12.18.2012 , 05:27 PM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks, and sorry for the delay in response. Please take the steps below:
Please double check that (if you have it installed on your machine) your Java is up to date.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, navigate to the main game directory and delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 05:52 PM | #7
Ok, this is what I done.

I tried it and did not work. But, The Patch Folder was not there from the start. So on the second try, I created a folder named "Patch" and now I'm downloading a 11g patch file. "Main Assests 1?!?!?!" (I also check to see if files are being created in the "Patch" folder, and some are.)

How big is the news patch file?

Bloodcrush
12.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #8
done all the above and still gettin error 5 after the repair is done
Imperius Vengeance Juggernaut
Warstalker , Dread Slayer , From Beyond , Dragonslayer
<Pc Gamer Mint Imperials>

IBITMLE
12.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #9
I think by adding the patch folder has tricked the launcher to re download all the patches again.

Beesodd
12.18.2012 , 06:01 PM | #10 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
IBITMLE, I'm sorry for any confusion here. You only need to delete the files mentioned, and if they are not present you can pass on it. There's also no need to create a "patch" file.

The update isn't near to 11GB, and it sounds like something has gone wrong. By any chance was the Assets file removed? This contains the main assets 1 data after it's installed.

Bloodcrush, could you post your log too?

You can find your launcher logs at one of these default locations:

- For 32 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs
or
- For 64 bit Operating Systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\logs

Launcher logs look like this: “launcher_112610.txt”

Thanks.