Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Meet and Greets, San Francisco?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Meet and Greets, San Francisco?

Incendi
12.18.2012 , 02:39 PM | #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one who is wanting more than 5 days notice for the meet and greet announcements. Living in Oregon, I have to arrange time off so that I can go down to San Francisco, and that sort of thing needs more than a few days notice.

I want to be supportive of this game, as well as meet face to face some of the people responsible for the game content, but seriously....how can people who don't life RIGHT THERE take advantage of these events if there's only a few days notice? (Using the example of the December Meet and Greet that was for Dec 1 and was announced on Nov 26th)

If anyone knows when the meet and greet is happening, or can use a cattle prod on the people planning it so they will bother to announce it within a reasonable time, please by all means, let me know!

~Incendi
Begeren Colony Guilds: Smuggler's Insurance Sith Dynamics
Lirotiel : Imperial Agent : Operative
Cadahl : Sith Inquisitor : Sorceror
Harbinger Guilds: Magnus Dynamics Shades of Arachnos

OdenLocke
12.18.2012 , 02:50 PM | #2
I agree we need more than five days notice for this. I live in Oregon as well. I need to ask time off for work. So give us a date.
Pain is life, and life is pain. May the true Sith prevail.

JoyRockV
12.19.2012 , 04:46 AM | #3
So there's is a meet and greet in SF, cool ill be there. just tell me when so i can plan the trip. the sooner the better.

Incendi
12.19.2012 , 10:04 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JoyRockV View Post
So there's is a meet and greet in SF, cool ill be there. just tell me when so i can plan the trip. the sooner the better.
Most players have jobs, so most of us need at least 2 weeks, if not more to plan for this. The earlier on an announcement is made/further away from the actual date it is made, the more people can go. That means more of the community can be heard.

~Incendi

chuixupu
12.19.2012 , 02:49 PM | #5
It would be nice to know soon, if I had enough notice I'd travel. Probably wont', though.

I was wondering if there was some other event going on in San Fran in January that it might coincide with, but it doesn't look like there are any.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

AlixMV
12.19.2012 , 06:42 PM | #6
+1

I'm local to San Francisco, but I still need advance warning.

I know it's the holidays, but, c'mon, guys, you have to have some kind of idea right now when it's going to be, given y'all would probably have to book flights, hotels, venue etc. just for the Bioware employees attending it.
~ < Fortitude > ~ Jedi Covenant ~
Referral link
Sollyni ~ Diyanna ~ Annifryd
Ydris ~ Mai'ty'lee ~ Jazhi

lord-durpp
12.19.2012 , 10:51 PM | #7
i live an hour north of sf, could use a date as well

cmoreno
12.20.2012 , 03:58 AM | #8
wait, is there one coming up? or did I miss the one in SF? born and raised in SF would love to meet ppl that play tor. =)

Incendi
12.20.2012 , 11:37 AM | #9
The San Francisco one is supposedly in January according to their original posting, but the last date they named, was 5 days after the date of the announcement, so we're kind of hoping they dont do that for the San Francisco one as well.

lord-durpp
12.20.2012 , 11:17 PM | #10
hope we get the reply in early january
Cut 'em down!