Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

drfumblez
12.18.2012 , 11:54 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
If u actually read my post which I doubt any of u did you'd see it wouldn't be hard to balance at all. Problem is u guys hear stealth and u automatically think of op operatives running around. If you'd actually look at specifically what I suggested you'd see it's anything but what current stealth is all about.
Or perhaps we actually understand that we'd like for our class to continue to be unnoticed as the "slient killer" in-game? It's quite rare that people go after a Sniper/GS unless you make it easy to get to you in the first place.

Most people don't see us anyway until we've landed 4 shots on them. By that time, they're dead. Let them keep believing it was all the Pyros/Maras' fault..

madtycoon
12.19.2012 , 03:03 AM | #22
Its a cool idea and all classes really do need more abilities. Something like this wouldn't be imbalanced and might happen if they ever come out with new abilities for all classes. It would have to be designed like a hunter's camouflage in wow.

You probably wouldn't see special abilities coming from stealth though, because snipers already have abilties based on cover.

Koendewit
12.19.2012 , 05:37 AM | #23
Op, im not sure if trolling or just plain retarded. Really this idea is beyond stupid and if implemented, it will cause tons of players to unsub. Sniper is more than fine atm, they better focus their attention to buffing the classes in need, such as operative dps.
It's the talent in the concealment tree called "Clandestine QQ" that gives Backstab a 1/2% chance to instantly unsub the target, and a 50/100% chance to stunlock their entire computer.

Wainamoinen
12.19.2012 , 05:46 AM | #24
I can understand the parallel with reality, and that it would be fun to pick people off invisibly from range, but it would be just about the most imbalanced thing you can think of. Even more than making the hardest-hitting ability in the game a short-cd instant aoe.

Currently, stealthers need to be in melee range to hurt you, and their attack breaks stealth so you can whack them back.

If you could shoot from range without breaking stealth, your opponents will simply never find you - well, not before they're dead, for sure. Great fun for you, for the 24 hours before everyone else either stops playing or also rolls invisible snipers.
There will be blood, it might be yours;
So go kill someone - signed, Bad Horse

Ilmarinen 65 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

Technohic
12.19.2012 , 07:41 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
I can understand the parallel with reality, and that it would be fun to pick people off invisibly from range, but it would be just about the most imbalanced thing you can think of. Even more than making the hardest-hitting ability in the game a short-cd instant aoe.

Currently, stealthers need to be in melee range to hurt you, and their attack breaks stealth so you can whack them back.

If you could shoot from range without breaking stealth, your opponents will simply never find you - well, not before they're dead, for sure. Great fun for you, for the 24 hours before everyone else either stops playing or also rolls invisble snipers.
I just pictured going into hutt ball with all snipers. and you see everyone run up to the top edge near the middle and just disappear. "Now we play the waiting game" as everyone waits for someone to impatiently volunteer to try to actually go get the ball in the gauntlet below.

Groncho
12.19.2012 , 07:46 AM | #26
can we have force run 2?
Che
LATIN LOVER

Free Transfer??=

Technohic
12.19.2012 , 07:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
can we have force run 2?
I was thinking 35 meter free-targeting roll to cover ability. I select the spot at any heigh and area and then can roll to cover where I want.

Mazikeen
12.19.2012 , 07:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
i was thinking since the idea of a sniper is to attack from a concealed location in real life, we might have an ability that lets us take cover in stealth
No. Just... no. I shred people like paper in WZs as it is, the last thing they need to deal with is me doing it invisibly. What even possessed you to think this was even remotely viable?
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

Capt_Beers
12.19.2012 , 09:08 AM | #29
To be fair to the OP the the last thread I read about giving Snipers stealth also wanted to increase their range to 100m so this isn't really so bad.

OP let's review Snipers/GS currently have:

- Leap immunity
- Pull immunity
- Interrupt immunity
- CC/KB immunity for 20 secs on, essentially, a 40 sec CD
- 60% AoE damage reduction while in CC immunity (talented)
- 2 KB's one with a root attached (one talented, other one can be talented to knock you half way to the moon if the snipers positioning is good)
- An on demand root on short CD
- 30m instant AoE mezz
- An AoE 20% buff for the whole team
- Awesome damage

Do they really need another tool in that bag?
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics