Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

-Mythix-
12.18.2012 , 03:46 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Ditolus View Post
If u actually read my post which I doubt any of u did you'd see it wouldn't be hard to balance at all. Problem is u guys hear stealth and u automatically think of op operatives running around. If you'd actually look at specifically what I suggested you'd see it's anything but what current stealth is all about.
If you actually played the class, you would know the class is perfectly fine as is.

DrIzzt-DoUrden
12.18.2012 , 03:58 PM | #12
If u actually read my post which I doubt any of u did you'd see it wouldn't be hard to balance at all. Problem is u guys hear stealth and u automatically think of op operatives running around. If you'd actually look at specifically what I suggested you'd see it's anything but what current stealth is all about.
So ... snipers should have stealth and operatives are op
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
at first i was
then i was
but then i was

xxdragonragexx
12.18.2012 , 04:58 PM | #13
Snipers are always firing so stealth is kind of useless unless they are just defending a node.

Snipers are very good already. I don't see why they need a buff right now.

AndalusRenegade
12.18.2012 , 05:12 PM | #14
I think its a cool.idea. The expansion is coming out which means everyones getting new abilities and buffs. When you are getting attacked by a bunch of south warriors or Jedi knights. You could use a brief stealth to pop out of sight, do an ability made only for stealth(an attack, buff, or something), then the stealth runs out and you pop back into the battle.

Dracokyaku
12.18.2012 , 06:50 PM | #15
<Snip>
It's an interesting idea - originally Riflemen in SWG had a similar ability and it was fairly amusing - although not something that's really needed, as Gunslingers/Snipers I've always found that due to our range we generally get the Alpha strike anyway, it's once you start with the damage output that you get a little more attention from the other team.

A well played Gunslinger/Sniper is actually pretty balanced in in the current game system.
Winter Silverwing | Red Eclipse
Smugglers Alliance:The home of Beer, Pie and Scoundrel minded folk.

NoTomorrow
12.18.2012 , 07:45 PM | #16
Snipers needs only one thing: balanced matchmaking. If we get a good team we can rely on, our power increases exponentially. The opposite is also true.

The only thing that could improve the situation for us: find a way for asassins to still hard counter MM, soft counter engineering but make the tank spec vulnerable to lethality as every other tank is. Force shroud is currently get out if jail free card for way too many sutuations. Lethality posons need to stay on asassins, the poison reapply talent should kick in when force shroud ends
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

vimm
12.18.2012 , 08:09 PM | #17
This is not a new idea.
geeR
Phantom of the Operative

Sir_Galapagos
12.18.2012 , 08:32 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ditolus View Post
i was thinking since the idea of a sniper is to attack from a concealed location in real life, we might have an ability that lets us take cover in stealth. When we attack, or break cover obviously it breaks stealth. Also for balance i think it should have a decently long cool down like maybe 1.5 to 2 minutes. Also maybe have a new special attack that can only be used from the position, call it stealth barrage or stealth shot or something cool. As well as limit the abilities that one could use while in stealth(no cc's, no orbital etc.)
aim ur aim shot up ur ***** and learn to play!

"i was thinking since the idea of a sniper is to attack from a concealed location in real life"
1. this is not real life
2. operatives attack from stealth
]█=]]]]]]▒▒▒{█=████████████████████████████████)

fungihoujo
12.18.2012 , 09:14 PM | #19
That's almost as stupid and crazy as giving a heavily survivable, mobile and damage based warrior class a stealth ability.

oaceen
12.18.2012 , 10:50 PM | #20
none of your suggestions would make this even remotely ok.

normal stealth is on a 1.5-2min CD

you're suggesting adding new abilities to use while in stealth cover?

even if you could still see the laser fire, it wouldn't be balanced. sure, i could LOS you, and i'd know where you were, but i still couldn't target you unless i was right next to you.

just because snipers irl use camouflage to hide doesn't mean that it should be added to the game.