Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
New idea for sniper. Stealth Cover

Ditolus
12.18.2012 , 02:36 PM | #1
i was thinking since the idea of a sniper is to attack from a concealed location in real life, we might have an ability that lets us take cover in stealth. when we attack, or break cover obviously it breaks stealth. also for balance i think it should have a decently long cool down like maybe 1.5 to 2 minutes. also maybe have a new special attack that can only be used from the position, call it stealth barrage or stealth shot or something cool. as well as limit the abilities that one could use while in stealth(no cc's, no orbital etc.)

drfumblez
12.18.2012 , 02:38 PM | #2
Absolutely not. We do enough damage as it is, we don't need to be invisible as well.

Lalainnia
12.18.2012 , 02:40 PM | #3
LOL this is phunny
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Technohic
12.18.2012 , 02:52 PM | #4
Can it be for Letahlity spec classes as well? Dot-stealth-cull-stealth

cycao
12.18.2012 , 02:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
Absolutely not. We do enough damage as it is, we don't need to be invisible as well.
This. Stealth and ranged don't mix.

Ditolus
12.18.2012 , 02:54 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Can it be for Letahlity spec classes as well? Dot-stealth-cull-stealth
well as i said in my op, i think the abilities that you'd be able to use from stealth should be limited as well as not being able to take stealth cover while in combat.

-Mythix-
12.18.2012 , 03:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by drfumblez View Post
All of this.

Belly
12.18.2012 , 03:08 PM | #8
I think this was mentioned on the forums a few months ago. The responses then were similar. There just isn't really a way to balance this.
Larcen 50(ish) Scoundrel Scrapper/Sawbones "They see me rollin...they hatin. They whining and sayin that I need some nerfin"
The Progenitor
And loads and loads of alts

islander
12.18.2012 , 03:12 PM | #9
talk about FOTM suggestion. Could you imagine if Bioware actually did this
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Ditolus
12.18.2012 , 03:44 PM | #10
If u actually read my post which I doubt any of u did you'd see it wouldn't be hard to balance at all. Problem is u guys hear stealth and u automatically think of op operatives running around. If you'd actually look at specifically what I suggested you'd see it's anything but what current stealth is all about.