Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_Darkstar
12.19.2012 , 12:37 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by uziforyou View Post
Is it really a bad thing to change now and then how different classes play?
Actually I think it is, I for instance only ever play 1 character so if the way my toon plays changes to something I dislike that leaves me with nowhere to go other than a different game. I would prefer not to have to do that, but then I hate any level increase because I find it a very forced and unneccessary way to increase the amount of things we can do in game.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Kalaek
12.19.2012 , 01:01 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DigitalDreamz View Post
So five new levels gives us five new talent points to spend (assuming). Just looking at the talent trees and having 46 points instead of 41 things are going to get screwy. Right now you can go 31 in a primary tree and 10 in a secondary. Come expansion time you can go 15 in a secondary and grab that 11 point skill. Also with hybrids of any sort it's going to make things even more interesting. If anyone pvps whatsoever, whatever class you thought was OP before holy moly will you hate life now.

Wondering if you saw this beforehand and have a plan or if you're going to 'fix it later'?
Yeah bud they are going to probably add more skills. They are not going to just give us more points to the existing trees.

Dawginole
12.19.2012 , 01:36 PM | #23
Who cares about a new ability. Just wait till my combat spec Sent with fully optimized gear adds burns and self healing to the mix. Bye bye!
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.

iamthehoyden
12.19.2012 , 01:41 PM | #24
New abilities will cause a rebalance of the classes by default. Not necessarily a bad thing. Will need to redesign my rotations, trees, etc, but learning how to play a class differently isn't so bad every now and again.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

TheHunterC
12.19.2012 , 01:56 PM | #25
Personally, I'm happy with more talent tree skill points.
My opinion
BioWare consider the ideas in THIS thread.

proud Collector's Edition owner

heechJunzi
12.19.2012 , 02:25 PM | #26
No wonder they aren't working on class balance issues... Everything will change with the expansion anyways.

Imagine if they gave commandos a way to cleanse singularity off of smash...
Junzi - EWH Sentinel Buxi - EWH Commando Jόnzi - EWH Operative
----------- The Harbinger -----------

Shoogli
12.19.2012 , 08:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Let the mass speculation... BEGIN!
They already shown us the guardian (1) an assassin (2) ones, in the E3 video, right after the HK51 bit, and before the part about Makeb :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...UYU07ck8#t=33s

(1) the background behind the guardian at the end of his move shows Makeb btw.

(2) this move was in the class page animation before launch for either consular or inquisitor, I don't remember which...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

JacenHallis
12.19.2012 , 08:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
New active abilities eh.... wat dos dat meen...
Using logic, my bet is a brand new ability on the class trainers for the ACs. In the preview video we saw way back at E3, the Shadow was using Spinning Strikes.
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class.
I don't think it'll be a new ability on the skill tree. Since we're only getting another level added to the tree, it wouldn't make sense to add another ability right above the current 31-point abilities. Also, note that she said it was for each advanced class--not for each skill tree.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.

-IceHawk-
12.19.2012 , 09:18 PM | #29
I hate to be the one to say this...

...but the addition of a new Level-55 skill at the end of the tree does exactly one thing.

Unbalances all PVP between Level-50 and Level-55 Players.

I must be on my cynical-cycle right now, because I am seeing through to the worst eventuality of each of these announcements.

Considering the state of PVP balance right now how in the name of Lucas are they going to balance this?

Dawginole
12.19.2012 , 09:28 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
I hate to be the one to say this...

...but the addition of a new Level-55 skill at the end of the tree does exactly one thing.

Unbalances all PVP between Level-50 and Level-55 Players.

I must be on my cynical-cycle right now, because I am seeing through to the worst eventuality of each of these announcements.

Considering the state of PVP balance right now how in the name of Lucas are they going to balance this?
50 was never "end game". We call it end game because it's the end right now. The game was never planned to stay at 50. Lvl.99 has always been the traditional end game in RPG's, but often takes MMO's a decade to reach that point. And to boot, 55 will be likely very temporary. At this time next year we will either have or be very near to an actual full expansion that moves us to 60. It will probably sit there for another year or two and then move to 65/70, etc.

There was always a plan to increase the level cap. The full talent trees and abilities for 10-20 levels up are likely planned out. They aren't sitting around scratching their heads to figure out what to do right now.

The easiest solution to your querry is that "end game" pvp will probably increase to 55 and WH/EWH will scale to that point. There will be a few weeks where <55 take a beating and then it those players will clear out. It's not a big deal.
Soon.™*
*Soon.™: Bioware Corp, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon.™" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon.™" shall make no contract or warranty between Bioware and the end user. "Soon.™" will arrive some day, however Bioware does guarantee that "Soon.™" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "Soon™" as Bioware will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "Soon.™". Thank you for your patience.