Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
New expansion; Going to revamp talent trees?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Orlesian
12.19.2012 , 12:13 PM | #11
Interesting! Thanks for sharing a few things with us.
❤ Please make Talos Drellik a romance option for female Inquisitors ❤
Red Eclipse

Lionflash
12.19.2012 , 12:15 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!
Let the mass speculation... BEGIN!

New active abilities eh.... wat dos dat meen...

SharpG
12.19.2012 , 12:19 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Let the mass speculation... BEGIN!

New active abilities eh.... wat dos dat meen...
As in a non-passive stat increase or something, it'll be an active ability, for instance, your auto attack is an active ability

pudim
12.19.2012 , 12:19 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
As in a non-passive stat increase or something, it'll be an active ability, for instance, your auto attack is an active ability
there is no autoattack man
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless

Lionflash
12.19.2012 , 12:24 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SharpG View Post
Aren't active abilities like

Sprint
Guard
Shii-Cho Form
Ion Cell

etc...

I actually have no idea...

Gwence
12.19.2012 , 12:25 PM | #16
lets see - I've been playing corruption sorc with majority of my time lately so I'll post some stuff that could be cool

-double range on extrication and cut the cd in half
-allow channelling to happen while moving (solves your lightning pvp problems too)
-add items or abilities that increase total force OR increase force regen rate during combat, this could include making consumption a little more powerful

there's more but dont want to sound like I'm complaining, I actually enjoy this game quite a bit and hopefully dont see that changing..

the channel while moving would probably be really over powering but still fun!!!

darklordpotter
12.19.2012 , 12:28 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
Aren't active abilities like

Sprint
Guard
Shii-Cho Form
Ion Cell

etc...

I actually have no idea...
They are the passives (always on) like upgrades to abilities are passives and always on. Eg

Full auto is an active ability you have to use it but you can upgrade its damage by 25% in a skill tree and the damage upgrade would be a passive ability.

Hope that helps somewhat.

darklordpotter
12.19.2012 , 12:29 PM | #18
We know you're all very interested to hear about how the new level cap is going to affect your class, and I wanted to share a little information about the upcoming changes with you. As part of the new content, every skill tree will be expanding and you can expect significant updates. Players will earn a new skill point with each level, and new skills will be available in each skill tree. Additionally, a new active ability will be introduced for each Advanced Class. We'll have more details about many aspects of Rise of the Hutt Cartel as we approach launch, so keep your eyes on the website and dev tracker!
Thanks for the additional information much appreciated.

Nemmar
12.19.2012 , 12:30 PM | #19
I'm sold!

KarethRiker
12.19.2012 , 12:31 PM | #20
Active = something like Kinetic Ward or Rebuke?

How is Bioware ensuring class balance with the new abilities going out and the revamp of the skill trees?
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger