Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked warzone clarification

TalonKorr
12.18.2012 , 08:57 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by HazardousPulse View Post
As for LD50, some people in your guild give you a bad name. People don't want to que rateds because a few of you have big mouths and nobody wants to deal with it. It's a game to have fun, and should be that.
I for one, have no problem with a good amount of LD50 players, but a few of you....I can't stand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksSPZTZES0
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Cates, Grisha, Scuf

HazardousPulse
12.18.2012 , 09:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
You're one of the few I like Getting any better at jump-pushing people to goal lines in hutball? :P

TalonKorr
12.18.2012 , 10:23 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by HazardousPulse View Post
You're one of the few I like Getting any better at jump-pushing people to goal lines in hutball? :P
Lag permitting.
Flak / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut
Retired: Cates, Grisha, Scuf

Draank
12.18.2012 , 10:27 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Mojitin View Post
This is the most glaring problem I have seen in this game that I haven't seen in any other mmo I have done pvp in. Everyone thinks they're the best, and because of that attitude they'll never get better. Rather than losing to better players and learning, they avoid them so the little fairy tale they've built up in their mind can stay true. In other words, grow a pair and queue for ranked. You may learn a little something.
Completely agree.

As for LD50 queue dodging us, they don't. I actually respect them more than most other guilds because they're one of the few that actually queue up for ranked without needing crutches such as bubble stun and 4 smashers for their comp. Like us, they play with who is on.

The only guilds that really q dodges us is ironically Unicorn Stampede and Team Lucky 7. So its pretty funny that Unicorn is calling people out for q dodging when I feel like they do it by far the most.

rvajedi
12.18.2012 , 10:33 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Draank View Post
Completely agree.

As for LD50 queue dodging us, they don't. I actually respect them more than most other guilds because they're one of the few that actually queue up for ranked without needing crutches such as bubble stun and 4 smashers for their comp. Like us, they play with who is on.

The only guilds that really q dodges us is ironically Unicorn Stampede and Team Lucky 7. So its pretty funny that Unicorn is calling people out for q dodging when I feel like they do it by far the most.
this has been since canderous ordo when they said troyy beat pvp and would dominate all pubs on our server. that turned out real well.

Jadenn
12.18.2012 , 11:13 PM | #16
I'd totally be up for doing rateds every night, but unfortunately it's like pulling hair when half my guild does a raid like every night and most of our good pvp roster is in that raid. We end up with trying to form up a totally unbalanced group with "what's left" and can't even field a solid team. I do believe in the "play a better team you'll get better" philosophy, but when we have no tanks or 1 healer or no key classes, it doesn't bode well. Good thing i'm on vacation cuz i needed this break so i can come back and get our guild to start doing some real rateds again.
Jaiden Sniper
Yuenglings Maurader
Asian'Jaiden Assassin
Beer Thirty On Jedi Covenant

johnnyreece
12.19.2012 , 07:31 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadenn View Post
I'd totally be up for doing rateds every night, but unfortunately it's like pulling hair when half my guild does a raid like every night and most of our good pvp roster is in that raid. We end up with trying to form up a totally unbalanced group with "what's left" and can't even field a solid team. I do believe in the "play a better team you'll get better" philosophy, but when we have no tanks or 1 healer or no key classes, it doesn't bode well. Good thing i'm on vacation cuz i needed this break so i can come back and get our guild to start doing some real rateds again.
This.

We've queued up for rateds before, but I think I personally only have played around 15 matches. Unfortunately, when we get almost ready to field a team, someone decides they want to go to a more PvP centered guild. Couple that with the fact that like 4 of our PvP'ers (myself included) are DPS sorcs, and you soon see that team composition is an issue. We have (I believe) some excellent players (myself NOT included), but unfortunately not enough.

I agree with the "play a better team you'll get better" to a point, but I know I learn nothing from getting ROFL-stomped other than, "play something other than a DPS sorc." Although, I've not done a rated since rolling DPS/bubble hybrid, so maybe it's better now...

Edit: If someone wants to try to cobble together a rated team, I'd probably be game. I pug all the time, anyway, so this would be nothing new.
Neldiahr, Sith Sorcerer Gibsenne, Imperial Operative
Neldienne, Powertech Smash'Kitteh, Meowauder

Krozis
12.19.2012 , 07:58 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadenn View Post
I'm quoting this because it's 100,000% truth. I mean I don't think we have even one "pvp" dedicated healer we can count on for rateds. We have ONE real tank.

So when we slap it all together and it's like a friggin leftover sandwich, and when the team you're facing is a well oiled machine.... it can get pretty hard to convince people to stay.... I don't know if people really do get better from getting totally waxed.

This is where the 'rated' part of rateds would really be nice. We need a minor league for people to get their feet wet. Not everyone has a guild that cherry picks until they have the composition they want. We have been cultivating from within... trying to help people who actually want to do this.

If their first time results in them not being able to walk right for a week, how easy do you think it is to get them to come back? But hey, you got 40 ranked comms - fill your boots.

After reading this thread, I don't agree with... the idea of everyone thinking they're the 'best' and queue dodging? I would say that kind of behavior is in the minority. (Unfortunately those types are usually quite vocal.)

We've never queue dodged, and I don't think anyone aside from Gilgamesh marches around declaring their superiority over the human race at video games. Or wait maybe that's his ability to pass gas on demand during a match... yea I think that's it. He's pretty stellar at it.
̿̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\= Formerly from a big guild that is now hundreds of tiny guilds. =/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿
Krozis \ Vintego \ Vint

totherkins
12.19.2012 , 08:02 AM | #19
Pj-b successfully trolled all of LD-50 well played Pj... Well played.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 08:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonKorr View Post
Come grind that .00001% upgrade that EWH is by grinding those ranked comms.
Why do people keep saying this? You are aware that a full min/maxed EWH set is a solid upgrade over the normal set. Right?

Check my armoury if you desire.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN