Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shadows and Scoundrels

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Shadows and Scoundrels

Marisblood
12.18.2012 , 10:30 AM | #1
The duel between those 2 is complicated and the scoundrel start obviously with an advantage (dps one).
Shoot first (8 sec CD) is far better then kik (1 minute), dodge (4 sec) vs resilience (3 sec) is better, recuperate give them HP recovery, they also have Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, Diagnostic scan as healing, tendon blast keep the target in place, slow from shadow only slow for 50%.
Scoundrel started as GOD mode class, wich make players believe they get nerfed every single time Bioware try to fix the class, wich is not true ofc. They were good in 1.3 but got rebufed in next patches specaily 1.4. They need NERFS to be fixed proper.
If this game have 2 stelth class then both need to have similarities. I wish kik same as shoot first, i wish slow same as tendon blast, i wish resilience 4 sec like dodge, i wish recuperate, i do not wish healing, but i wish dot talent with instant cast to prevent stelthers vanish without using a CD for that like dodge or resilience. Then it will be a fair balance.

Just think on that, scoundrel is strongest dps class atm in 1v1 duels.

Wainamoinen
12.18.2012 , 10:36 AM | #2
Any shadow that loses to a scoundrel should consider themselves publicly humiliated. The tabloids should be notified and their shame published across the galaxy. It's not even funny how many advantages shadows have against scoundrels.

Or have I been trolled? I must have been. There's no way this is serious.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

farren_whyde
12.18.2012 , 11:12 AM | #3
He's yanking your chain, Ilmar.
I'm just not a lightsaber kind of person.

Marisblood
12.18.2012 , 11:13 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Any shadow that loses to a scoundrel should consider themselves publicly humiliated. The tabloids should be notified and their shame published across the galaxy. It's not even funny how many advantages shadows have against scoundrels.

Or have I been trolled? I must have been. There's no way this is serious.
You should read first the topic before posting, Mr. Scoundrel.
I have scoundrel and shadow and i know both classes.
I also know who is stronger.
DPS tree, i know ppl make confusion with shadow tanks, so it is about dps tree only.

Asunasan
12.18.2012 , 11:18 AM | #5
Threads like these are part of why we can't have class balance. Poor Scoundrels. Poor Commandos.

RyanReagan
12.18.2012 , 11:19 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
Threads like these are part of why we can't have class balance. Poor Scoundrels. Poor Commandos.
Apparently his Shadow does not have the IWIN button bound...
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K. <Infinite Darkness>

ZUZiK
12.18.2012 , 11:25 AM | #7
Maybe you should try to learn to play your shadow better?
Brannera Frostclaw -> Nightmare Lands -> The Red Eclipse

Larzi
12.18.2012 , 11:25 AM | #8
Apples to oranges.

Why compare a shadow to a scoundrel

Shadow=Assassin

Operative= Scoundrel

2 different classes, while they share similar aspects of a stealth dps, they are different.
Pub: 55 vanguard tank/ 55 mando/ 55 guard/55 scoundrel

Imp :55 jug tank/ 55 pt/55 sin/ 47 sniper

WasabiJack
12.18.2012 , 11:26 AM | #9
Your claims are only partly true. A duel between shadow and Scoudnrel should yield shadow the winner 80% of the time.

Scoundrel may have an advantage to start but since both are stealth and the hybrid specs in shadow is just as stealthy, yuo lose this adantage. Shoot first requires you to be behind the target. If you are find the shadow first, AND getting behind them for a shoot first, that shadow is horrible anyway and you will win.

Further more, 25% debuff, far better energy management and sustained dps combined with back loaded heavy damage (ie. maul + assasinate) will destroy a scoundrel.

Also, shoot first fills 3x more resolve then the shadow's down down. Shadows, if spec'd right, can do knock down, 4s stun and 8s whirlwin but scoundrels can only do two before the resolve is full.

Never mind, resilience, sprint, CC immunity, pull and heals WHILE doing good damage.

I have both as well and the scoundrel brings nothing unique to table. They did before with the burst, and now their burst is just meh. By that, I mean, it's there but not good enough to make a difference.

And like the other poster said, if you are a shadow and you are losing to scoundrels/ops that are equally geared, then you are just a horrible shadow.

Quote: Originally Posted by Marisblood View Post
The duel between those 2 is complicated and the scoundrel start obviously with an advantage (dps one).
Shoot first (8 sec CD) is far better then kik (1 minute), dodge (4 sec) vs resilience (3 sec) is better, recuperate give them HP recovery, they also have Underworld Medicine, Kolto Pack, Diagnostic scan as healing, tendon blast keep the target in place, slow from shadow only slow for 50%.
Scoundrel started as GOD mode class, wich make players believe they get nerfed every single time Bioware try to fix the class, wich is not true ofc. They were good in 1.3 but got rebufed in next patches specaily 1.4. They need NERFS to be fixed proper.
If this game have 2 stelth class then both need to have similarities. I wish kik same as shoot first, i wish slow same as tendon blast, i wish resilience 4 sec like dodge, i wish recuperate, i do not wish healing, but i wish dot talent with instant cast to prevent stelthers vanish without using a CD for that like dodge or resilience. Then it will be a fair balance.

Just think on that, scoundrel is strongest dps class atm in 1v1 duels.

Missandei
12.18.2012 , 11:39 AM | #10
Playing a Shadow i consider myself being overskilled by the enemy if i end the 1vs1 fight with less than 30-40% of HP.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.