Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Story content in the new expansion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Story content in the new expansion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RichT
12.18.2012 , 11:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Duffnstuff View Post
Look I really hope you're right but I don't think you are...During the live stream, the devs were asked specifically about expansion of new class specific missions I think as it related to Makeb. Their response was basically NPCs on Makeb will recognize the accomplishments of our characters which to me was a vague way of saying chapter 4 (ie. Makeb) will be one storyline for Empire and one for Republic but nothing more specific than that...

Also to further this, one of the latest things I read had one of the developers commenting that they were "playing through the Imperial story...." and commenting on how it was coming out.

Not the Bh story, or the Smuggler Story, or the Warrior story....but the Imperial Story. This certainly makes one think there are simply 2 angles to the new story, Imperial and Republic.

Pretty sure this is going to be a storyline that all will share in the same way. obviously this will hit the Alts replayability...but what can you do.

It could very well be a great story with which to pass 5 levels.

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 11:32 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
A non class specific story can be really good. Doesn't have to be class stories all of the time. In fact BW might want to start adding in non class specific story arcs into their game and build up a larger story. But do it in a few quests here and there. Call it something new if you want to.

But I'm not going to say this is bad before giving it a try.
Every planet already has a world story. (as well as class story)
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

RichT
12.18.2012 , 11:40 AM | #13
A non class specific story can be really good.
Agreed.

Without spoilers...Im not sure any of my 50's need much more in their class stories. My Sorceror for instance feels like his class story arc is finished. Not sure what would be added to it at this point that would be able to Start--> Complete in 5 levels, and not just feel tacked on.

Time to branch out for something new.

Quote:
Same. i'm excited for it honestly.

Sverrir
12.18.2012 , 11:45 AM | #14
A non class specific story can be really good. Doesn't have to be class stories all of the time. In fact BW might want to start adding in non class specific story arcs into their game and build up a larger story. But do it in a few quests here and there. Call it something new if you want to.

With out a doubt it can be really good but it is terrible for replay...We have already tried this kind of story and it was on Ilum and when having several characters it isnīt fun replaying it over and over again. Thats why people prefer the class stories as we were led to belive that we could always have a different experience with every class but now it looks like there is no point in having several characters if you made them for the story. so if you have played Ilum story several times you can say for sure that you have tried this republic-imperial story concept.

minty
12.18.2012 , 12:52 PM | #15
i have been looking through all the blurb for the expansion and i cant find anywhere where is says specifically that there will be new class specific story lines.

now i don't want to stir the pot, the SWTOR community is doing a fine job of that without my help, but i will be very disappointed if the expansion is just a generic world quest story with no new class story.

class story is one of the best things about SWTOR for me, so i am wondering if anyone has any information as to whether we will be getting more class story in the expansion?
"I heal, YOUR FACE!!"

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 01:47 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by minty View Post
i have been looking through all the blurb for the expansion and i cant find anywhere where is says specifically that there will be new class specific story lines.

now i don't want to stir the pot, the SWTOR community is doing a fine job of that without my help, but i will be very disappointed if the expansion is just a generic world quest story with no new class story.

class story is one of the best things about SWTOR for me, so i am wondering if anyone has any information as to whether we will be getting more class story in the expansion?
That is what it is, they've said so on two seperate occasions. It may or may not be called Ch4, but it will be a world story (i.e. 1 story per factions) not 8 class stories.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Sverrir
12.18.2012 , 02:10 PM | #17
So much for my dream of my Sith Inquisitor taking over the whole Empire and doing Dark council buissness now iīm stuck at nearly the top of the Sith power ladder doing millitary buissness for the Empire without thinking about my personal gains, doesnīt fit my Inquisitor at all :P

AllisonBerryman
12.18.2012 , 02:14 PM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."

We hope this helps clarify!

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.18.2012 , 02:14 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
To be fair, we were also told Makeb would be released THIS year...
To be fair, not really....
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

dipstik
12.18.2012 , 02:16 PM | #20
i dont understand inquisitors that think that their story line was wrapped up... i made like 3-5 decisions at the end of what was written that should have enormous impact on future telling of the story... let alone all my companions and I have been through...

and the end of the inquisitor story to me seemed like just the beginning.