Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SW and SI storyline questions (Major Spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
SW and SI storyline questions (Major Spoilers)

Lium
12.18.2012 , 10:05 AM | #1
I completed the JK story recently and it of course ends with you defeating the Emperor. I've heard the JC story is similar in that you confront the Emperor or some variant of that.

Then, as a Republic player, you get a questline on Ilum that is a direct follow up to the defeat of the Emperor. You find out that after the Emperor fell, Darth Malgus made his move to form his own empire, and you now have to confront him as well in the flashpoint The False Emperor.

That's two major imperial characters. And not just any characters, the leaders of the Empire. One being iconic to this game. (Malgus) So, it got me wondering, do the SW and SI stories end with defeating major Republic leaders? Such as Satele Shan or the Republic chancellor?

I'm also curious to know what BW does with the empire going forward since their entire leadership structure and chain of command is in disarray. Will a new emperor rise, or will we get a situation similar to what we saw in KOTOR 2 with various Sith Lords all claiming their own fiefdom?

_Darkstar
12.18.2012 , 10:09 AM | #2
You don't kill the Emperor. And both sides have to fight Malgus.

Edit: SW kills his master, and his masters master (Not sure if that is a Dark Council member or not) but no republic people. SI kills a Dark Council member, but again no republic people.

Empire stories are all more about consolidating the players power than fighting the republic, while the republic stories are about defeating the empire in some way (Not sure about Smuggler or BH though because I am playing BH and have avoided spoilers, and I couldn't give a rats *** about the Smuggler ).
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Duduneco
12.18.2012 , 11:17 PM | #3
Actually in the SW act 2, you eliminate the republic's top military leaders and declare war on the republic.
So a neutron walks into a bar and asks,"How much for a drink?" The bartender says, "For you, no charge."

Chaloss
12.19.2012 , 03:52 AM | #4
Concerning your question while SW and SI do not...
Spoiler

Projawa
12.19.2012 , 04:05 AM | #5
Spoiler

Jenzali
12.19.2012 , 04:32 AM | #6
The Bounty Hunter
Spoiler
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

DarthRamette
12.19.2012 , 10:13 PM | #7
Yes as a SW you do kill Darth Vengen who is at the time a Dark Council Member but you can leave Baras alive by either exiling him or imprisoning him.

Bird_of_Thunder
12.19.2012 , 11:38 PM | #8
Bounty Hunter
Spoiler

Warrior
Spoiler

Inquisitor
Spoiler

Knight
Spoiler

Councilor
Spoiler

That's all I know. I've played the BH and SW storylines, gotten through most of the Inquisitor's, and played very little of the Consular and Knight story
Lord Ravvok
Annihilation Marauder
<Ebon Hawk, U.S>

DarthRamette
12.20.2012 , 12:07 AM | #9
Zerender is on Hoth, the last one before the end of Chapter 2

Alandross
01.08.2013 , 04:59 PM | #10
As a JK you kill the voice of the emperor, as others have described it's simply a body/puppet the emperor possesses. He himself is safely away in an unknown planet far away.

When the Sith Warrior (SW) finishes he gets a mail that confirms this, the emperor's handlers are surprised that the JK was able to kill the voice of the emperor and it does delay the Emperor's plans but doesn't stop them.

Ironically the SW also gets to kill the Voice of the Emperor at one point lol. In that case the Emperor asks you too do so to free him from a trap.

So yeah the Sith Warrior gets to kill two Dark Council members and the Voice of the Emperor... the higher ups on their own side lol. But that's the Sith way. As others mention you do kill important Republic generals and what not as well.

The Sith are bred in a society to fight and kill eachother and the strongest and most clever survive, and the very best rise up. This allows the Sith to be immensely powerful though the same source of power cripples them as they do more damage to themselves than the Republic.