Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Smashbrother
12.18.2012 , 04:29 PM | #61
Don't see why people are so upset over this. You had to pay for expansions in WoW, and you have to pay for expansions for pretty much every game. And it's 10 bucks. Big *********** whoop.

Slurmez
12.18.2012 , 04:32 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Don't see why people are so upset over this. You had to pay for expansions in WoW, and you have to pay for expansions for pretty much every game. And it's 10 bucks. Big *********** whoop.
Yeah..... Im gonna put a bet on this expansion not containing a fraction of what WoWs have delivered, drawing a comparison is not going to be favourable to SWTOR

kevlarto
12.18.2012 , 04:40 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Well boo, I bought all my lotro expansions with my Turbine points, Isengard and Rohan, going against the trends not always a wise choice, good thing it is only 10 bucks..
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering

uaintjak
12.18.2012 , 04:44 PM | #64
I'm actually glad they decided this. I was going to save my cartel points up to buy the "expansion", despite telling myself that I would never again purchase an EAware product.

Now I won't be buying it at all, so my conscience is clear.

-Mythix-
12.18.2012 , 05:14 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Is EA trying to lose another 75% of their player base?

Nidza
12.18.2012 , 05:36 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Iggster View Post
Who else didn't see this coming?

Would EAware seriously let us pay for it with our monthly bonus CC?
booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo

I'm not paying over my subscription for DLC in mmo and im never buying another EA game ever again.

erei
12.18.2012 , 05:45 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
Expansions=/=DLC.
Also, I can buy add ons on LOTRO with my TP.... Same with DDO. And DDO already give every DLC for free to subers, except the add on (1paying add on in like 5years ? That's fine).
I don't care it's just 10$ or 100$. That's just the EAWARE greed as reach new summit, and I just decided I wouldn't pay for it anymore.

LoL-K-Noob
12.18.2012 , 05:53 PM | #68
I guess when the game finally goes Pay to Win which it has taken baby steps with space mission gear, cartel points will be useful. Right Now I can get everything from the market with creds instead of real cash. While not allowing the expansion to be bought with cartel coins is smart and will net more money, what a great way to further damage an already destroyed reputation especially when your game isnt growing.

grombrinda
12.18.2012 , 05:56 PM | #69
Not paying cash for this "expansion"

/signed.
We didn't start the Star Wars,They were already fightin' em,since George was writing them!!

JefferyClark
12.18.2012 , 05:59 PM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL View Post
You do realize that according to what other people here have said, that you guys actually stated in the past that subscribers wouldn't be hit with these costs for expansions because they were already paying subscribers...

Am I in error under that assumption, cause I seem to remember you guys saying that earlier as well (in writing I might add)?
Yep, this was the final straw. If they hadn't said something about subs not being charged for content, then I wouldn't be so pissed. But to purposely change it to make a quick buck..... unacceptable. As I said in the other thread: Why the hell do I pay a sub if I'm not going to get content?
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five