Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Slurmez
12.18.2012 , 03:33 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Translation - Cash only suckers!!!! We dont want our own, worthless made up currency.

CalonLan
12.18.2012 , 03:37 PM | #52

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Allison did you draw the short straw or did everyone else step backwards when they asked for a volunteer.? At least I hope BW supply you with sufficient fireproofing!
Never argue with idiots, they just drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Alec_Fortescue
12.18.2012 , 03:38 PM | #53
Just because an unlock/authorisation were datamined it doesn't mean it's gonna make it into the game. Also who would be insane enough to whine at an expansion pack not being available to purchase through cartel coins...?
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

Jawstheshark
12.18.2012 , 03:51 PM | #54

So this is really a DLC since it will only be available directly from you digitally.

Some of your playerbase like to have tangibles tied to their purchases, but yes, those cost money for you to provide. Like the Life Day and Anniv push out, Another grab the $$ and run move.

You get back from the players based upon the effort and skill of what you provide. The current trajectory of SWTOR is not up. Hopefully you change it, I do enjoy the genre and the stories in this game. But everyone has their limits to how much foul stuff they can stand in.

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 03:55 PM | #55

/sigh seems this is the way of things then.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

DieselCheezel
12.18.2012 , 04:10 PM | #56

And there goes the last straw. There is nothing currently in the cartel store I am interested in. If I can't buy expansions with what I've saved up there is no reason in me parting with any more money for this game.

/Unsubscribed.

gingeee
12.18.2012 , 04:13 PM | #57
EA needs ONLY MONEY, they live off of money
I like π, 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375 1 5820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211 70679, and 11.00100100001111

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 04:17 PM | #58

Way to go Bioware! You really are as greedy as everyone thinks! This company has become such a farce of what it used to be that I am not sure I will even buy DA3...

Vlacke
12.18.2012 , 04:19 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by gingeee View Post
EA needs ONLY MONEY, they live off of money
As do every major company, nothing unusual there.
Telcontar Legacy

GarfieldJL
12.18.2012 , 04:26 PM | #60

You do realize that according to what other people here have said, that you guys actually stated in the past that subscribers wouldn't be hit with these costs for expansions because they were already paying subscribers...

Am I in error under that assumption, cause I seem to remember you guys saying that earlier as well (in writing I might add)?