Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Screaming_Ziva
12.18.2012 , 08:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
IWith our monthly allowance of CC (between 500 - 700 depending on your situation) it would be easy to save up for the expansion.
This is exactly why you can't buy it with Cartel Coins.

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 08:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
It's cash up front for a preorder essentially. I'll pay an extra 10$ to do the content with a 10th of the people mobbing the place.
There is nothing stating that.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Lionflash
12.18.2012 , 08:40 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Screaming_Ziva View Post
This is exactly why you can't buy it with Cartel Coins.
I understand they will make more money if they don't allow it to be bought with CC. But if it costs (1500?) CC, and a subscriber subs for 3 months to save up the coins he/she has spent 45$ on subs for the game. Surely some slack needs to be cut here...

I'm not asking for a handout, I've been saving up my CC for content updates and now I can't use them. I would give up the 5 day head start if they sold the 'expansion' on the Cartel Shop.

Spiritinblack
12.18.2012 , 08:47 AM | #14
How many people said we would be able to use our CC for content?

Now to those people I say... How come I can't pre order this right now with my CC.

I'll wait for them to say "wait and see"

That is what we were told before.

Alavastre
12.18.2012 , 08:47 AM | #15
That's a good question. You probably could. But it would have to wait until they update the CM. But then again, maybe not. I preordered on their site, doesn't really affect me either way. I wouldn't want to save up my CC anyways.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Goretzu
12.18.2012 , 08:48 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritinblack View Post
How many people said we would be able to use our CC for content?

Now to those people I say... How come I can't pre order this right now with my CC.

I'll wait for them to say "wait and see"

That is what we were told before.

Its always the same people, they never seem to get sick of being wrong.
Real Star Wars space combat please, not Star Wars Fox! Maybe some PvP and flight too?
Goretzu's Law: As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving "Entitled" approaches 1

Spiritinblack
12.18.2012 , 08:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
Its always the same people, they never seem to get sick of being wrong.
Wait for it Goretzu...... You know it's coming.

Arlon_Nabarlly
12.18.2012 , 08:55 AM | #18
From current FAQ:
Quote:
Can I use Cartel Coins to pre-purchase Rise of the Hutt Cartel?

No, you will not be able to pre-order the Digital Expansion with Cartel Coins. This Digital Expansion is only available for purchase on our website at www.StarWarsTheOldRepublic.com/buy.

Jeweledleah
12.18.2012 , 08:57 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Goretzu View Post
There is nothing stating that.
preordering prior to january 7 - gives you 5 days early access.

I have a very strong feeling that they will open it up to cartel coin purchases after that, or as soon as it goes life. will cost same relative amount for subscribers (I'm guessing around 1k cartel coins give or take, which is how much you can get for $10)

Rhinzual
12.18.2012 , 09:00 AM | #20
You know, even if it can eventually be bought on the Cartel Market (if the Darth Hater site is to be believed), you know it's gonna go for so much on the GTN that only subs will be able to afford it.