Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PunisherAS
12.18.2012 , 11:03 PM | #141
Save those McDonald Mc Doubles for 10 days and you got yourself a sale!
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Shingara
12.18.2012 , 11:04 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by PunisherAS View Post
thanks im now hungry
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

DAMossimo
12.18.2012 , 11:04 PM | #143
Sorry. What is that supposed to mean?

PunisherAS
12.18.2012 , 11:05 PM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by DAMossimo View Post
Sorry. What is that supposed to mean?
Quoting that 10$ isn't a lot of $.
People should quit complaining.
Collectors Edition Owner
Fargos (Main Tank/Powertech) of
Aggressive Negotiations

Trevalon
12.18.2012 , 11:06 PM | #145
/signed x2 more subs, same situation, same reasoning. Myself & my son.
I came back to SWTOR just a month ago with F2P (I subbed immediately, never did F2P) because I firmly believe that EVERY MMO deserves 2 shots. I always buy every new MMO on launch and give it a month or two to see if it holds my attention, if it doesn't then I always return 6-12 months later to see what has improved and give it a second chance.

After being subbed for a month and getting a new character to 50 and trying the new ops, I can firmly say that this game is still not worth the sub fee for me. Add in this horrible nickle and dime policy that Bioware is clearly taking and I will be unsubbing for this game once my month runs out - Its now time to give Rift that second chance - Maybe its REAL expansion (That triples the size of the entire game and adds an enormous amount of new content) will have made the difference in that game for me to stick with it.

DAMossimo
12.18.2012 , 11:10 PM | #146
Quoting that 10$ isn't a lot of $.
People should quit complaining.
No it isn't alot of $. The point is I'd sooner throw a $10 bill in my fireplace than send it in for some vague promise that is slated at least 3 months away.

People should quit preaching. And they should stop eating McDonald's food too, it isn't good for them.

Slurmez
12.18.2012 , 11:30 PM | #147
No it isn't alot of $. The point is I'd sooner throw a $10 bill in my fireplace than send it in for some vague promise that is slated at least 3 months away.

People should quit preaching. And they should stop eating McDonald's food too, it isn't good for them.
It may not be good for them (a lot of food billed as healthy is worse though) but it "can" be tasty and as a result people gain a benefit from their expenditure, its a matter of gratification and you cant deny that McDonalds patrons must gain that more often than not given the money that they make.

That said you wouldnt imagine a McDonalds customer getting upset when something is added to the menu would you? It says a lot for the bad will Bioware are generating and the lack of real developer interaction will only serve to make it worse, regular dev interactions actually tames feral communities as it creates the illusion that they listen. I dont expect the situation here to change because the everyone working at Bioware has the sword of damocles over their heads and could very well not be employed, (Except for Hickman, he seems to get rewarded for failure for some reason) as a result they are terrified to post something that could come back to haunt them.

Shingara
12.18.2012 , 11:34 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Slurmez View Post
It may not be good for them (a lot of food billed as healthy is worse though) but it "can" be tasty and as a result people gain a benefit from their expenditure, its a matter of gratification and you cant deny that McDonalds patrons must gain that more often than not given the money that they make.

That said you wouldnt imagine a McDonalds customer getting upset when something is added to the menu would you? It says a lot for the bad will Bioware are generating and the lack of real developer interaction will only serve to make it worse, regular dev interactions actually tames feral communities as it creates the illusion that they listen. I dont expect the situation here to change because the everyone working at Bioware has the sword of damocles over their heads and could very well not be employed, (Except for Hickman, he seems to get rewarded for failure for some reason) as a result they are terrified to post something that could come back to haunt them.
I didnt realise i could pay a flat rate to mcdonalds every month and get my meals when i wanted at no extra charge whenever i want for the menu i signed upto. When did mcdonalds put that in ?
Health Warning - Thread May Contain Nuts.
First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to all game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge. http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20120731

MiraniSedai
12.18.2012 , 11:34 PM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post
To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.
Well that pretty much guarantees I wont ever get it. NO game company gets financial information from me (I have been burned too many times). If I can't get it in a store or with CC (from my gamecard sub or cc cards when they come out) I just will do without. What a shame.

Slurmez
12.18.2012 , 11:42 PM | #150
Quote: Originally Posted by Shingara View Post
I didnt realise i could pay a flat rate to mcdonalds every month and get my meals when i wanted at no extra charge whenever i want for the menu i signed upto. When did mcdonalds put that in ?
Im sorry where did i mention that? or whats the relevance? Really Im interested in where you are going with your subscriber based fast food model, not sure what its got to do with someone paying $5 for a burger and gaining gratification which was my point but please go on.