Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Can I reverse engineer to a custom artifact?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Can I reverse engineer to a custom artifact?

TheIronMonkey
12.18.2012 , 06:30 AM | #1
Simple question (I think) been reading around but can't find the answer.

Can I reverse engineer anything (for my crafting skill) and learn a custom artifact schematic?

Do any custom artifact schematics drop anywhere? (with custom artifact I mean a modify-able purple item).

In particular, I am researching purple Electrostaves and where they come from.

Thanks.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

MilesTeg_cy
12.18.2012 , 09:45 AM | #2
Have you tired to re-engineer any modifiable purple item that is in your inventory? I guess they are not RE-able.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

L-RANDLE
12.18.2012 , 11:39 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheIronMonkey View Post
Simple question (I think) been reading around but can't find the answer.

Can I reverse engineer anything (for my crafting skill) and learn a custom artifact schematic?

Do any custom artifact schematics drop anywhere? (with custom artifact I mean a modify-able purple item).

In particular, I am researching purple Electrostaves and where they come from.

Thanks.
Can I reverse engineer anything (for my crafting skill) and learn a custom artifact schematic? Yes, you can RE anything for your crew skill, but most purple schematics learned are not custom, with the exception of armor crafters(syth/armmech). They can RE some moddable purple drops off bosses to try to RE to learn the pattern

Do any custom artifact schematics drop anywhere? (with custom artifact I mean a modify-able purple item). As far as I know, Energized/Exotech(modifiable purple items) schematics and items(for RE) drop off HM FP and raid bosses, but they are for armormechs and sythweavers only (armor crafters). Not for any other crafts...

In particular, I am researching purple Electrostaves and where they come from. modable purple staves are available in game from vendors and drops off Bosses, but you can't craft them. Armstech can craft unmodifiable purples or orange modable. Its says you can RE CAMP or DG, but I ain't trying it... The endgame PvE/PvP vendors have some of those that are purple quality, but its just in name alone. An orange electro staff will be "purple quality" if it has the same purple modifications as the one you compare it to. Make sense?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

TheIronMonkey
12.19.2012 , 01:38 AM | #4
Thank you, very clear.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

MorgonKara
12.19.2012 , 01:53 AM | #5
The short answer is no.
Armormech-Armstech-Chemist-Mor-gon-M'orgon-Maxxi
Armormech-Armstech-Biochem-Artifice-Synthweaving-Cybertech
The Craft Legacy ~The Ebon Hawk

TheIronMonkey
12.19.2012 , 03:50 PM | #6
BTW, I know that stats-wise I can do with orange ones.

I was mostly researching the looks of them. I find staves and techblades such beautiful weapons. So I started to research the ones I can make (modable, all orange, armstech), and then saw a list with the purple ones and started to wonder about RE possibilities.

I have RE green to Blue to purple (no mod) on other items (mostly, barrels). And I understand the linear process vs the branched one. I searched for schematics at GTN found nothing. So that got me to to ask the possibility of REing into a modable item.

Thanks for the info on the posts. I will check the purples at vendors to see what they look like.