Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much for not charging subs for Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Alec_Fortescue
12.18.2012 , 05:13 AM | #21
I always said Makeb is gonna be paid. Where did you see Bioware saying it's gonna be free to subscribers? That update better include a hood toggle.

Ovan_Oh-One
12.18.2012 , 05:13 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
I'm sorry, what am i paying 15 bucks a month for again? This company is really, really starting to aggravate me. Why is it a company like Trion is able to do so much more with 15 a month than a mega-corp like EA? It's because EA wants to nickle and dime us, and they dont.

Makeb is not enough for an expansion. 15 bucks a month is suppose to include content updates, but all of our damn content updates are being turned into cartel crap and paid DLC! i am really, really reaching my limit with this game, RAPIDLY.
How do you know Makeb isn't enough for an expansion? Have you play tested it? Have you seen how many quests there are?
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

redsovereign
12.18.2012 , 05:13 AM | #23
Uhrm I really don't see the problem...

9.99 dollars

I think you'll be alright without one McDonalds meal. If you like the game then support it, creating digital products is not free, paying your bills is not for free.

Support the game!
I'll make this completely clear, rookie--when you're in the field, what I say goes. Period!

Alavastre
12.18.2012 , 05:14 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
First statement was subscribers won't be chrged. Then it became "wishy washy"....
Sorry about your luck. People can change their minds.

BRIDGEKEEPER: Stop! What is your name?
GALAHAD: Sir Galahad of Camelot.
BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your quest?
GALAHAD: I seek the Grail.
BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your favorite color?
GALAHAD: Blue. No yel-- auuuuuuuugh! [ explodes and dies ]
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

LUCASCASADEIS
12.18.2012 , 05:16 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrious View Post
I'm sorry, what am i paying 15 bucks a month for again? This company is really, really starting to aggravate me. Why is it a company like Trion is able to do so much more with 15 a month than a mega-corp like EA? It's because EA wants to nickle and dime us, and they dont.

Makeb is not enough for an expansion. 15 bucks a month is suppose to include content updates, but all of our damn content updates are being turned into cartel crap and paid DLC! i am really, really reaching my limit with this game, RAPIDLY.
do you know all the content in makeb? because tell me i want to know everything. oh wait NO YOU DON'T KNOW IT.

Alavastre
12.18.2012 , 05:17 AM | #26
Pre-Ordered.

I've made up my mind that I would be around until Makeb.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Zyrious
12.18.2012 , 05:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by redsovereign View Post
Uhrm I really don't see the problem...

9.99 dollars

I think you'll be alright without one McDonalds meal. If you like the game then support it, creating digital products is not free, paying your bills is not for free.

Support the game!
I support the game with 15 dollars a month plus my pre-order long before it was released, and my loyalty through the long stretch of no content updates. Furthermore, it doesnt matter what the price is, the MMO market has competition and i compare this product to it's competitors, whom currently are providing superior content updates for their subscribers at no additional charge, with expansions that include far more content than a single zone and a 5 level cap raise. This is content-update level stuff, but they want to nickle and dime us instead of giving us content updates like should be given to paying subscribers.

Again i point to trion, i'm not a rift fan but their developer is great, they have already published more than triple the content through updates than SWTOR has done in its lifetime, all major SWTOR content so-far after this will be additional-expense content. Hell, even STO is outpacing SWTOR now with a whole planet, guild updates, and more quests at no additional charge to its customers. Its bad when STO is releasing more content updates without charging than SWTOR...
Squadron 238 Referral
The Tyrel Legacy [The Harbinger]
Zyrious 50 JUG,Rojinn 9 BH,Kienn 50 SNP, Iravik 50 SIN, Sedryn 50 VG, Zyrioun 50 GRD, Ethris 11 GS, Tavrec 11 JS

Cylnael
12.18.2012 , 05:19 AM | #28
5 more levels ? I'll do them in 3

Will it count all the xp I have already accumulated above the level 50 ?

I'm sure to be at least level 56 already

Anyway, i'm already equipped with lvl 58 to 61 gear ... Will we find lvl 100 gear in there ?

spectreclees
12.18.2012 , 05:21 AM | #29
I do hope they allow us to purchase this with cartel coins. I really don't want to pay for a small expansion.

haliy
12.18.2012 , 05:26 AM | #30
I'm still trying to find where they ever said it was going to be free at all. The last I heard they were undecided on if it was going to be free or not to subs. This just confirms that it wont be free. Hell... subs even get a discount on the price.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative