Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So much for not charging subs for Makeb

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.18.2012 , 04:39 AM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/buy

Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies, lies. Is all we ever hear from you bioware. 5 lvl cap increase and 1 planet is your definition of paid expansion bioware? Really?

Not expansion, free

AnAnonymousGuy
12.18.2012 , 04:44 AM | #2
Ya know, for £6, I'll take it.

Lucyfer_Infinity
12.18.2012 , 04:45 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AnAnonymousGuy View Post
Ya know, for £6, I'll take it.
You know we were promised we won't get charged for it.....
It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.

Mixxathon
12.18.2012 , 04:46 AM | #4
Easy there. Do not blow a gasket.
We do not know what will be in the expansion yet, do we?
Yes, Makeb and increased level cap has been mentioned before, but I am very certain that there will be alot more changes coming with the RoHC. I am looking forward to this very much.

We were "promised" before F2P were on the table... but such things change. Now, BW needs to make some money so that we can continue to play the game. That certainly trumps all "promises" in my book.

Mishy
12.18.2012 , 04:47 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
Except they mentioned a few times they weren't sure if they were going to charge for it or not since it was a large chunk of content.

For $10? I can live with that, since thats a piece of DLC from another game that i can skimp on for a while
"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than with a clenched fist."

Lalainnia
12.18.2012 , 04:48 AM | #6
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA this is phunny on so many levels

I bet commandos/merc will have to pay for class balance 2.
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Ruskaeth
12.18.2012 , 04:49 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Lucyfer_Infinity View Post
It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.
That be a lie or just a plain brainfart.

They said they were contemplating whether or not Makeb + rising level cap will be something players need to pay for.

That is not much. Live with it.

EnalisNailo
12.18.2012 , 04:50 AM | #8
Because paying for an Expansion is so unheard of! I mean it's not like certain other MMOs do that...

....oh wait...
Dark Templar - Nemesis - Proper Villains
-55 Roster-
Enalis, the Vengance Juggernaut - Sčrina, the Darkness Assassin - Morrigon, the Carnage Marauder
Raveną, the Marksmen Sniper - Rąsputin, the Lightning Sorcerer - Nikolay, the Shield Tech Power Tech -
Terrinas the Medicine Operative - Sčlene the Arsenal Mercenary - Aterus the Vigilance Guardian -
Dimitrius the Vengeance Juggernaut

Vitas
12.18.2012 , 04:51 AM | #9
I'm happy that we're getting new content.
I'm happy that it includes a new world to explore rather than just a new area for an existing world.
I'm just really disappointed that it's not a physical expansion pack.

Well at least we don't have to pay for it with Cartel Coins.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

Mishy
12.18.2012 , 04:53 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitas View Post
I'm happy that we're getting new content.
I'm happy that it includes a new world to explore rather than just a new area for an existing world.
I'm just really disappointed that it's not a physical expansion pack.

Well at least we don't have to pay for it with Cartel Coins.
I wish it was with cartel coins, at least then my monthly stipend could pay for it :P
"Be careful of charity and kindness, lest you do more harm with open hands than with a clenched fist."