Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech PvP Spec

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Powertech PvP Spec

Convertible
12.26.2012 , 09:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ezrafetch View Post
Nope, on the contrary. See this:

War Hero Eliminator: (4) Increases the critical chance of Rail Shot or High Impact Bolt by 15%.

This is why you get the Eliminator PvP set. The Eliminator PvE set, which is what you are looking at, has zero usage for Powertechs in PvP. The PvP set, however, has the best bonus for Pyrotechs, beating Combat Tech PvP. Second, 1100 Expertise is not going to suffice. You really want to hit 1200 Expertise at the least, and it's going to extremely hard to do so with Campaign gear. Once you hit 1200 or so Expertise, then you can start switching out the PvP mods and such for PvE ones since you'll get more Aim/End then.

The PvP spec you want as a Pyrotech is 4/6/31 typically, though I know some like to use 7/3/31.
Thanks Bro, You helped me a lot! Thanks for the answers guys!
Unbroken!

wetslampigduex
12.26.2012 , 09:40 AM | #22
TD build is a must in PVP, without out it your might as well be a madness sorc and dot everything up. (ok thats going to far i know lol) I havn't PvP'd on my PT recently but i've played him since launch. PvP I used a 7/3/31 build and dominated the on avg. 12k bursts with TD is too much for healers to deal with so quickly. Pve w.o TD is the way to go. The only advice i'd give is be very careful using IM in PvP causes for very quick overheats, i found only really using it on healers trying to burn them down was the way to go. Using it on other targets it is honestly a waste of heat seeing as you kill them in about 5 gcd's. That is really the whole key to the spec is to be able to manage the extra heat TD throws at you. People not using TD in pvp just can't hack it imo.

NanoX
12.26.2012 , 09:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by SenseX View Post
This video should answer all your questions regarding PTs:
(Patch 1.5) Powertech Pyro PVP Guide [SWTOR]
dont make it too complicated -and stick to the basics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WBdj2FfnIk

this video will show you all you gota know about how to play a vanguard

Convertible
12.26.2012 , 10:08 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by NanoX View Post
dont make it too complicated -and stick to the basics