Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

PoliteAssasin
12.18.2012 , 04:53 PM | #21
I agree with you 100% flux. It's literally decided on the composition, not player skill or strategy. In other warzones, it didn't matter if the enemy had a healer and you didn't if you played the objectives well. Here, it determines who wins because objectives are second to kills. As Myrm said you literally have 1 healer and then 3-4 smasher bombers just camping mid, you die before you even make it in. It's a shame that in order to win that Warzone you have to queue with a certain composition. Other warzones it didn't matter. This new wz is essentially team deathmatch. Idk why they even bothered putting in "objectives".

As for him putting Elite Warlord, probably to show that he's not some random QQer. This guy has been here for a long time, and knows his stuff, and I don't say that sarcastically.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

xxdragonragexx
12.18.2012 , 04:59 PM | #22
Hypergate is basically voidstar 2.0
If you like voidstar, there is a good chance you will like this.

I hate voidstar so I hate this crap warzone as well.

PoliteAssasin
12.18.2012 , 05:01 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by xxdragonragexx View Post
Hypergate is basically voidstar 2.0
If you like voidstar, there is a good chance you will like this.

I hate voidstar so I hate this crap warzone as well.
Voidstar is based on kills only for FIRST door ties. It's a tie breaker, not an objective in the game. There's no comparison between VS and AH.

Racter
12.18.2012 , 05:05 PM | #24
You can definitely win this map with no healers. You can definitely not win this map with 2-3 utterly terrible DPS. I inspect everyone right off the bat and then see how the first thirty seconds go, much as I do in most other games.

You can't reliably win the other warzones with no healers. Huttball is almost 100% a loss with no heals, ACW is a loss with no heals, NC can be won if your entire team is on the ball. Voidstar is by far the easiest warzone to win with no healers as long as you also have no crappy DPS.

xxdragonragexx
12.18.2012 , 05:08 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Voidstar is based on kills only for FIRST door ties. It's a tie breaker, not an objective in the game. There's no comparison between VS and AH.
Both maps are dictated by the team with more healers and slightly better gear. Then we have the occasional stealth plant/capture. It is voidstar 2.0

Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
You can definitely win this map with no healers. You can definitely not win this map with 2-3 utterly terrible DPS. I inspect everyone right off the bat and then see how the first thirty seconds go, much as I do in most other games.

You can't reliably win the other warzones with no healers. Huttball is almost 100% a loss with no heals, ACW is a loss with no heals, NC can be won if your entire team is on the ball. Voidstar is by far the easiest warzone to win with no healers as long as you also have no crappy DPS.

All pvp classes in this game are either dps or healer.
There are no tanks. Tank specs are nothing more than classes with additional crowd control abilities.
There are no crappy dps classes, only crappy geared players.

PoliteAssasin
12.18.2012 , 05:15 PM | #26

You couldn't be further from the truth.

xContex
12.18.2012 , 05:34 PM | #27

I've won every single warzone in a pug without healers. It isn't hard as long as your team knows what they are doing.

Secondly I would agree that this warzone is the most unforgiving. I said it prior to launch of 1.6 that this warzone would be the worst with pugs, this just proves that assumption.
Scyn Azadeh Inspra
The Sovereign Legacy

Asvarduil
12.18.2012 , 08:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Each WZ is different. Is that so bad? They each require different things and not everyone will enjoy all 4. I hardly see a reason to complain here.

NC - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes
Voidstar - Your ability to properly attack and defend nodes
Huttball - Your ability to navigate obstacles and score
Hypergate - Your ability to kill

Its a deathmatch WZ. You may not like it, but I don't think its asking to much for people to just chill out and let us deathmatchers enjoy the map. If anything, the complaint should be that you want a way to avoid a certain map, not that the map should be removed.

On a side note, I enjoy coming up with ways to win the new WZ. It seems like many people are lemmings with no motivation whatsoever, and really are clueless on that map. They just run around at random because they can't be bothered to stop and think about what would help them win. I feel like by suggesting a strategy to my team, we already know a secret that the other team doesn't know.
Darth Bloodloss - and, what strategy is that exactly? Setting up a gank zone seems to be the most easy way to score points; the nodes almost don't matter, except that it's necessary to take at least one and pray the rest of your team kills better than theirs. If BioWare removed them next week, I'm honestly not sure anyone would notice or care.

Not knocking your - or anyone else's - enjoyment of this map (it seems to be an unusually clever map, by MMO PvP standards), but either I'm vastly missing the point of this map - possible - or it's a map that has none. Please, elaborate more; I just don't understand this map as much as I would like.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

J_Fred
12.18.2012 , 08:37 PM | #29
Don't get me wrong I like the new map and mechanics, but it's difficult to win just on the new mechanics alone. They
should just remove the points you get from kills and force players to fight over the orbs.

rob_y
12.18.2012 , 09:03 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
Kill count should not be an objective in warzones.
This is a hilarious quote.

As for people saying the objectives don't even matter - do your realize how many more kills you need compared to your opponent if they two-cap you for one round but you don't do the same? A lot. The nodes are hugely important.
Yan (55 - Scoundrel) Silch (50 - Guardian) Hoeven (50 - Commando)
Thith'yan (50 - Sorceror) D'lamia (50 - Marauder) Brazo (55 - Powertech)
RIVAL
The Fatman -> Prophecy of the Five