Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ancient Hypergates Opinion - Elite Warlord

MidichIorian
12.18.2012 , 12:47 PM | #11
Two major problems:

1. The barrier is moving way too slow. You can stand that for what feels like a minute ......just to have the nodes go off when it's time to exit. So then you have to stay there yet another duration. It's incredibly frustrating and boring, to the point that I'd rather play VS...and I HATE VS.

2. Pug-zones, no one seems to have grasped that you either have to carry orbs or kill stuff. I've been in countless games now where my stupid team mates have camped the node while the other team has ran orbs and killed me, since I was the only one even attempting to go mid.

They should let us veto atleast one warzone.

abokado
12.18.2012 , 12:59 PM | #12
I like AH and think it's total fun. Though it really is completely useless to collect the orbs. I collected them for a good part, but just being in the middle and killing as many enemies as possible is simply the wiser thing to do, doesn't seem like the orbs contribute that much to your score. And if all your opponents are in the middle and two or three of your team are collecting orbs, then you are missing manpower in the middle and your team gets crushed. But, yeah, DM is fun.

islander
12.18.2012 , 01:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by abokado View Post
I like AH and think it's total fun. Though it really is completely useless to collect the orbs. I collected them for a good part, but just being in the middle and killing as many enemies as possible is simply the wiser thing to do, doesn't seem like the orbs contribute that much to your score. And if all your opponents are in the middle and two or three of your team are collecting orbs, then you are missing manpower in the middle and your team gets crushed. But, yeah, DM is fun.
Yeah after the second day I realized orb loading is less time efficient then actually just zerg killing enemies.
Give it maybe two months or so, and the rest of the game will figure it out.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Liryc
12.18.2012 , 01:52 PM | #14
Anytime you are in a group with no healers or a group with lousy gear, the odds are against to you to begin. And if the deck is stacked at least this warzone gives you a chance to win if you cap both pylons?

For whatever reason, I havn't lost this WZ in days. On my 50 shadow, the pub pugs usually have an edge over imp pugs, but on my lowbie Sorc the opposite is true. As a lowbie imp we lose more often than we win, especially in alderaan, huttball, novare, but i've won every single hypergates. Its like their deathmatch, low coordination strategy can finally flourish! As long as we're holding 1 pylon it usually means a win.

I still need to do more of these to see if this is indeed true, or if something else is at play here.
Liryc [Infiltration Shadow] - Liraa [Sawbones Scoundrel]
Liryyc [Corruption Sorcerer]

islander
12.18.2012 , 02:29 PM | #15
I agree about imperial 10-49's. They are really bad on Prop5. Shockingly bad, considering how I feel Imperial pugs generally compare to Republic ones at 50. If you see Gėllies online sometime (alt-0236 for the first i) send me a tell. level 22 sniper, working on him mostly these days.

Sick of not having the crit buff on demand.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

sithhunter_
12.18.2012 , 02:54 PM | #16
LOL... so was this post made because of your 55k dmg, 5 kill, 8 death 0 protection game you had with us where you did more to win than anyone else in the game? hahaha sorry but its fantastic how it is. Have a good day Mr. Elite Warlord. [/SARCASM]
Textbook Execution
The Harbinger
Klah'quin Troublemaker, Deposer of the Dread Masters

Sleprock
12.18.2012 , 03:33 PM | #17
So why mention you're an elite warlord???......

ArchangelLBC
12.18.2012 , 04:21 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Liryc View Post
Anytime you are in a group with no healers or a group with lousy gear, the odds are against to you to begin. And if the deck is stacked at least this warzone gives you a chance to win if you cap both pylons?
Pretty much this.

I don't get why people say coordination and teamwork are irrelevant. I have found them to be very relevant. Especially with how spread out you can be in this warzone and how people are often constantly on the move, having coordination can really be the difference maker.

But equally the difference maker is having a healer vs having no healers. This has always been an issue in every warzone, and I don't see that it's any different here.

Personally I like the new warzone. The only real issue I have is what I see as a low probability of making a comeback. Just falling behind means that the other team only has to maintain the status quo to win. That is, if they're ahead they just need to keep capturing a node every round and they'll probably win unless they suddenly start falling way behind in kills, so yes you might say that it favors fully geared out teams even more than usual in that aspect. And if you go one round without controlling a pylon when the explosion goes off it's pretty much game over. Very easy for this warzone to become a foregone conclusion quickly, at least in my experience so far.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

J_Fred
12.18.2012 , 04:30 PM | #19
I find myself agreeing with you Fluxs, I actually only found out last night that kills help you gain points in that warzone. I kept wondering how the enemy team would get ahead of us when we captured more Orbs than they did. In one match last night it was just as you described, we had no healer, the Imps did, and they were just sitting right outside the center area near our pylon. What they were doing was blocking our team from mid, and they had about 4 smasher bombers backed up by one healer just slaughtering everyone. Point being, if you don't have a healer and your opposing team does then game over. Kill count should not be an objective in warzones.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

xxdragonragexx
12.18.2012 , 04:46 PM | #20
The orbs are worth 2 player kills which makes them useless. The orbs are useless because it takes time to get them and run them back. During that time, your team mates are dying and you could have killed more than 2 in the middle.

This game is all about stealthers mezzing people at the pylons. Get 2 pylons once and it is an automatic win.
Other than that, kill people in the middle.