Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone levelled the same class twice?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone levelled the same class twice?

pudim
12.18.2012 , 06:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
Do you guys not get bored? Do you spacebar most the quests?
Well that doesn't matter if you are the same class
Having 6 pubs and 5 imps I've been doing the same quests all over again
You either subscribe, or you don't, cartel coins are useless

iDraxter
12.18.2012 , 06:21 AM | #12
So only my powertech and jug I lvled them in heavy pve ing after getting bored of the same dailies and always random pvp geared marauders that I would get every day in the GF and my guild died so no ops(both toons I was tank) so I said let's try PvP then got super crushed on both they got like valor 10 each so then I said fine then I m rerollin and lvled another jug pvp wise ONLY and reached 50 with him too, got a really good time, I got MVP votes over double of my win count he s valor 60 something and after that all my next alts I would do only class quest then lvl PvPing so now all my 50s got minimum valor 50. 5 more lvl on vanguard and he reaches 50 too, so in conclusion I got 2 lvl 50 jug and a 34 guardian; lvl 50 pt and 45 vanguard; and also a shadow and an assassin both lvl 31, I m having a blast in PvP and because of so much PvP my 1st match of lvl 50 PvP I could afford wh main and off hand and a full battle master set right off the bat. The secret is to stack those 900 wz comm weapons and refresh them every time you can to keep their refund function going it got a 2 hour refund time.
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

mattycutts
12.18.2012 , 06:31 AM | #13
yeah i have,

got level 50 sniper, and a level 30 ish sniper and also working on my opperative.

then i have a level 50 bountyhunter merc and a level 25 one i use for lowbie pvp.

Great fun both classes and love them.

Projawa
12.18.2012 , 04:09 PM | #14
I'm in the middle of doing my second warrior and agent. Mixing it up keeps it interesting- different advanced class, gender, alignment, species. There's a lot of replayability.

SentinelDranoel
12.18.2012 , 06:35 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
Do you guys not get bored? Do you spacebar most the quests?
No. I actually like the story. In fact, I can mention things that made me like it even more.

Spoiler

How can anyone get bored when it is one large story. Going back and forth between stories and seeing them again just shows you how interwined everything is.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Khevar
12.18.2012 , 06:55 PM | #16
My Shadow Tank was my second run through of the Consular story. However, I purchased every possible leveling perk and did space missions for additional xp.

This allowed me to focus on mainly the class missions (which I had only seen once before) and not the side missions (which I had seen 4 times before).

Kitru
12.18.2012 , 09:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SentinelDranoel View Post
How can anyone get bored when it is one large story. Going back and forth between stories and seeing them again just shows you how interwined everything is.
If you follow Qyzen's story as a Consular, you find out that Mako owes Qyzen a pretty substantial favor for something done before you ever met him. In addition, Lt. Iresso used to be stationed with Jorgan from the Trooper story and even comments on him being a bit of a hardass (and mentions ironically that Jorgan should be a high ranking officer by now when Jorgan has been demoted such that Iresso actually outranks him). There's also the fact that Kira's story involves the Children of the Emperor, which is a major part of the Consular storyline as well. All of the interaction between the class stories, the companions, and other NPCs does a pretty good job of creating a single universe that everything exists within.

With all of this, I'm curious whether the writers will do something similar with all of the class stories on Makeb or whether it will just be a single story with a different primary actor for each.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Midasear
12.18.2012 , 11:19 PM | #18
Of all the class stories to be considering a second run through, the Agent is probably the best. The outcome of the story is actually DIFFERENT if you go full light side vs. full dark side.

And the play mechanics of the sniper v. operative are also pretty different. You may do the exact same quests, but the way you do them feels different, too.

My advice, just roll through Agent II. When the cutscenes have a "seen this before" feel to them, start picking off the wall dialogue options to see what your guy says, and if that fails, use spacebar.

NSStember
12.19.2012 , 02:33 PM | #19
I'm on my third Sith Inquisitor. First two were Sorceresses and this one will be an Assassin. Love that storyline.

Sanctioned
12.19.2012 , 03:08 PM | #20
I am trying to level another of the same class twice. 2nd Operative that I want to dedicate to healing only (yeah I'm aware of respec), the class story is always entertaining. Especially the IA in particular, since when the agent is "underdcover" the agent speaks with a 'Muuurrican accent, and then back to Brit when not undercover.

World quests I tend to just super-spacebar through. It's a shame though because I noticed each class and gender has it's own subtleties that are just too small to stop and smell. Different NPC's have different reactions to you. Just not worth the time-ratio to stop and witness it when all you're trying to do is get your 2nd 50 of the same class.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler