Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone levelled the same class twice?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Anyone levelled the same class twice?

ZakMorgan
12.17.2012 , 01:50 PM | #1
My main is a lvl 50 Sniper, but I want to level a healer. I really liked the mechanics of the Scoundrel/Operative but I'm not fond of the Republic Side, so it looks like im going to level yet another Agent to 50 (there's also the fact I absolutely love the aesthetics and style of the class).

I'm curious if anyone has done anything similar and whether they found it excessively boring or perhaps still enjoyable. I imagine space-barring myself through most the quests with plenty of XP boosts but don't want to feel like its too much of a chore.

(Oh and by same class I mean within the same major class and not AC. So I'd consider a Powertec and Mercenary the same class for example)
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Kitru
12.17.2012 , 02:45 PM | #2
I did it 4 times with each of the Republic classes, such that I have a 50 of every Repub AC, and I kept myself amused by having each run use different companions and follow a different alignment option. As such, it played remarkably differently: playing as a DS healer Commando with Forex or Tanno Vik provides a very different feel for the story than running as an LS tank VG with Elara Dorne or Jorgan.

The important thing is making sure you run a story that you enjoyed the first time through. I doubt you'll like it any more coming from the opposite alignment perspective if you didn't like it on your initial run.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

RendValor
12.17.2012 , 03:01 PM | #3
Yep, try a different gender/alignment/race/AC/companions and it's definitely worth another playthrough
The Trayus Legacy - Prophecy of the Five

ZakMorgan
12.17.2012 , 03:31 PM | #4
Well I absolutely adored the IA story so that was never an issue.

I do plan on rolling a Chiss this time round compared to my dull Human but I'm probably going down the same alignment. I've had a lot of fun with my scoundrel and have decided I want that type of healer to be my main but I'd rather stay Imperial, hence rerolling an operative.

Just curious, is there anyway to make the levelling less laborious? I was thinking of just getting the early speeder legacy perks, as well getting cybertech and keeping my orange gear up to date.

Hambunctious
12.17.2012 , 06:41 PM | #5
I've done 2 JKs, 2 SWs, and 2 assassins. Plus a shadow, and a BH.

chuixupu
12.17.2012 , 06:44 PM | #6
I leveled 2 snipers to 50, an Operative to 50, and a Scoundrel almost to 50 (48).

I might do another agent again some day, the story is very enjoyable.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

ZakMorgan
12.17.2012 , 07:38 PM | #7
Do you guys not get bored? Do you spacebar most the quests?

Geseb_Var
12.17.2012 , 07:41 PM | #8
I'm leveling a Sin at the moment, story-wise it is boring, but I'm LS so things do change a bit. But combat-wise, TOTALLY different and I really like it
Prophecy of the Five
The Var Legacy
Lizzi - Human Sorceror | Geseb - Cyborg Juggernaut | Rindern - Miraluka Assassin | Wirken - Miraluka Sniper | Teveoji - Miraluka Guardian

Xargyn
12.17.2012 , 08:00 PM | #9
My first character was a Juggernaut on a PvP server. I rerolled on to a PvE server and played another Juggernaut. I got both to 50 and wasn't bored with the class story the second time around. But it's one of my favorite Star Wars stories of all time. And I know someone who rolled two agents and she didn't get bored with her class story the second time around either. Neither one of us did any spacebarring for the class quests

I guess it just depends on if you're the type of person who can watch a movie a second time and still enjoy it.

Now the world quests are a different story. If I do them on every character I create, I get bored with them. So I usually use PvP for making up the experience I lose from passing up on world quests. But if you're a healer you can do the flashpoints to do the same thing since you won't have to wait as long in the queues.
CE VIP Remember when this was a big deal?

chuixupu
12.18.2012 , 12:04 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
Do you guys not get bored? Do you spacebar most the quests?
Through class quests, never. Through all the other stuff, yeah, the more I do them the more I spacebar through them, but there are some that I still enjoy.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant