Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is The "Celebrator" Mount Too Embarrasing to Ride?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is The "Celebrator" Mount Too Embarrasing to Ride?

seanisawake
12.17.2012 , 12:33 PM | #11
I think that its *********** hilarious. A speeder wrapped in Christmas lights? Brilliant.

Only reason I haven't bought it is because I used my cartel coins on space parts.
Jedi Sentinel -
Been a long year but the best is yet to come.

ckoneful
12.17.2012 , 12:38 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
So I guesed you had a good laughing... or you facepalmed... How did you feel when you saw that ?
Very good laughing, both at seeing it ingame and IRL.

Fornix
12.17.2012 , 12:50 PM | #13
Purchased on GTN, one for the collection, and picked up one cheap for reselling. Riding it every now and then, just like swapping between my mounts .
Member of <Helix>

SilentKitty
12.17.2012 , 12:52 PM | #14
Hmm...

Would not be too surprised if this one sold for quite a bit of credits later on when it is not in the Cartel Shop anymore.

Deluged
12.17.2012 , 12:55 PM | #15
Saw it. Bought it. Love it.
Its fun. Remember that word?
I love "puffing" past people with my crystalized vapor pouring out of the exhaust. I get a ton of stop and looks while I'm on it. But nothing mentioned about it being silly or what ever. People seem to like it on Ebon Hawke.
Uneasy lays the head that wears the crown

Taorus
12.17.2012 , 12:55 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
I play on Jedi Covenant. A pretty full server. I have seen only one person riding this mount. I personally think it looks ridiculous and wouldn't be caught dead on the thing. But that's me. But, it is obvious people are not using them, or I would see them all over the fleet.

My questions are simple:

1. Did you buy this thing?
2. If you did, are you too embarrased to use it?
1. Yes
2. Nope

and last but not least....quite a few of us on JC that ride around on it. I would suggest a visit to the Optometrists.

Rafaman
12.17.2012 , 12:56 PM | #17
Yup. Some people like it. Some people don't. I will say though that in 6 months its value will not diminish. In fact, it will probably go up. If it truly is a unique item, peeps will pay big creds for it just because it will be rare and unique.

Great idea to buy now to resell much later.

Personally... while I'm not a fan of the lights, I like the snowblower exhaust.

ObiJuanShenobi
12.17.2012 , 12:59 PM | #18
No. Because BW was too stupid to make the mount obtainable in the game via holiday event. I'm a subscriber, so I'm not shelling out any money other than my sub. Therfor...sorry mount. And sorry Life Day gear. Looks like i'm not gonna have you.

Looks stupid? Holiday things always do. But my reason is prob the reason you don't see alot of people mounting up.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

Klarick
12.17.2012 , 01:01 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Deluged View Post
Its fun. Remember that word?
Im glad you like it. However, based on what I see on the fleet, you are in the minority. Do I remember the word fun? Im not sure if I understand where you are going here. You see the mount as fun I suppose. I see a snow-mobile with Christmas Lights as trashy, ridiculous, and close to being mocking of some folks.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

kevlarto
12.17.2012 , 01:02 PM | #20
It's a redneck cadillac, with 1950's christmas lights, when one light goes out you spend hours trying to find it, not that I am speaking from experience...
Do not dwell in the past, do not not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Expectations lead to suffering