Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Okay, Let's see the content we got in 1 year

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Okay, Let's see the content we got in 1 year

kamed
12.17.2012 , 12:26 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by LUCASCASADEIS View Post
2 new wz. (novare and hypergates)
2 new FP.(kaon and lost island)
3 new raids (kp was with only 1 boss in the begining) (Terror from beyong and denova)
2 more daily locations(Black Hole and section x)
hk-51 (companion)
F2P Option (cartel market)
group finder
RWZ
Space Combat Missions
new graphics (sun with the trees and the shadows)
new gear. rating 146 and 150
Guild Bank
Legacy (i love this )
pets
a new world boss
augment kits and adaptive gear
2 world events
hide head slot
unifity colors

okay maybe i miss something but i think we got good content in 1 year. and i am happy with what bioware is doing

what do you think? are you agree with me?

give me your coments
Awesome positive post! I hate seeing all this gloom and doom in these forums and try to post something positive, but it is usually drowned out by a billion negatives and people rage quitting. I am quite happy with how it turned out actually, a lot of people are upset, but I feel like they met all their deliverables on time with maybe a week or 2 delay at most. I just can't wait to see what the next year bring =)

TUXs
12.17.2012 , 12:27 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ckoneful View Post
5. 2.1m Sales, 1.7m actual subscribers, and we had 500k before F2P. We lost 1.2m Subscribers.
Please at least TRY to get the facts right, especially when they're as easy to get as this one. It's 2.55 million sold, they certainly don't have anywhere near 1.7million subs and 500k was before the 1st set of 6-month subs expired - there's no chance we have anywhere near that number now, even with F2P. We have lost OVER 2million subscribers...TWICE your outdated claim.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

LUCASCASADEIS
12.17.2012 , 12:30 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Please at least TRY to get the facts right, especially when they're as easy to get as this one. It's 2.55 million sold, they certainly don't have anywhere near 1.7million subs and 500k was before the 1st set of 6-month subs expired - there's no chance we have anywhere near that number now, even with F2P. We have lost OVER 2million subscribers...TWICE your outdated claim.
have you read the post of Darth Hater which i put for you about world pvp ilum?

LUCASCASADEIS
12.17.2012 , 12:32 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by kamed View Post
Awesome positive post! I hate seeing all this gloom and doom in these forums and try to post something positive, but it is usually drowned out by a billion negatives and people rage quitting. I am quite happy with how it turned out actually, a lot of people are upset, but I feel like they met all their deliverables on time with maybe a week or 2 delay at most. I just can't wait to see what the next year bring =)
thanks man. i appreciate

Alec_Fortescue
12.17.2012 , 12:34 PM | #25
Many of those were finished/mostly finished and stalled for later as a "new conent".

SWTOR crew was approx 800 people and it was reduced by approx 70%.
Bioware, please let us know if we're ever going to see iconic Jedi robes in the game... Or why not?

http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 - Accept my referral to express gratitude for my years-long fight for iconic Jedi attire in this "Star Wars" game. You'll get some goodies on top of it, too.

TUXs
12.17.2012 , 12:34 PM | #26
are you kididng me sir? darm you realy need to go dulfy or darth hater.

here you have. http://www.darthhater.com/articles/s...m-q-a-coverage
OMG LOL! You used that as your source?

Here's the ACTUAL quote:
Quote:
Q: What new things can we expect for PvP after the launch of 1.6? Hickman: We love PvP. We have lots of interesting plans for PvP. We haven't forgotten about it. There's that one thing we can't really talk about coming in February or March. Can't say any more.
That's a far cry from your claim.
The other quote was even more vague:
Quote:
Q: Any plans to reboot Ilum or introduce more open world PvP? Schubert: It's something we want to do. It's going to be different from the original Ilum because, well, that didn't work too well. We think people will like it. It won't just be a PvP thing.
Where is the "new map" claim? Where do they validate your guess that it's Ilum in Feb/March (you know ilum pvp is coming in febrary or march with a new map )? They DON'T! You're either lying intentionally or reading more than they have stated. Don't claim your assumptions are facts...they aren't. Stick to the facts!
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer 7-day FREE sub FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Klarick
12.17.2012 , 12:36 PM | #27
well they are listening us sometimes. they put 4 quickbars and 4-6 character for f2p players.

that is something
uh no. What they "listened" to was every gaming website, and every gaming magazine ripping them apart for such a poor F2P model. One that is so restrictive that it is unprecedented in MMO's. They "listened" to extremely bad publicity. SWTOR had a horrible year. It is considored a monumental failure by everyone in the industry as seen in magazines, and websites designed to report such things.

A loss of 1.5 million paying customers is not a metric that implies success, but rather one that shows failure on a large scale. Large scale firings also speaks volumes of the failure that is SWTOR. SWTOR also has the reputation of one of the worst Customer Service departments in the world of business, muchless MMO's.

I like your "fantasy-world everything is great" spin you have written here. You are part of the problem. We need you to be part of the solution. SWTOR dev's need to understand that they have a largely unsatisfied customer-base. Only then do they listen, and change things. To even imply that SWTOR had a good year only shows that some, very few, are blinded by the facts that most of us can clearly see.

SWTOR didn't just have a "bad year" it had an embarrasingly bad year.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

LUCASCASADEIS
12.17.2012 , 12:37 PM | #28
OMG LOL! You used that as your source?

Here's the ACTUAL quote:

That's a far cry from your claim.
The other quote was even more vague:

Where is the "new map" claim? Where do they validate your guess that it's Ilum in Feb/March (you know ilum pvp is coming in febrary or march with a new map )? They DON'T! You're either lying intentionally or reading more than they have stated. Don't claim your assumptions are facts...they aren't. Stick to the facts!
maybe if you watch the video. this is what they said:

Q: What new things can we expect for PvP after the launch of 1.6? Hickman: We love PvP. We have lots of interesting plans for PvP. We haven't forgotten about it. There's that one thing we can't really talk about coming in February or March. Can't say any more.

Q: Any plans to reboot Ilum or introduce more open world PvP? Schubert: It's something we want to do. It's going to be different from the original Ilum because, well, that didn't work too well. We think people will like it. It won't just be a PvP thing.

TalkingDinosaur
12.17.2012 , 12:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
We also got:

1. Ability-Delay. (Patched about 10.5 months ago. )
2. Lag.
3. Poor Customer Service.
4. A host of Bioware Developer Firings. (Welcome to EA.)
5. A loss of over 1.5 million subscribers.
6. Cheap fireworks as an "appreciation" for a first year anniversary. (SWG gave me a garbage headpiece that gives 0 stat bonus. It gathered dust in my inventory.)
7. An extremely over-restrictive F2P model. (When you live in a world where gamers believe they shouldn't pay a cent for a game what do you think is going to happen?)
8. Crash to Desktops that they seem unable to fix. (Played this game since Beta and my subscription hasn't lapsed since. I've only experienced 1 crash to desktop and it wasn't even on my old $700 Toshiba that could barely run Half Life 2.)
9. A Cartel Shop Life-Day event. (It wasn't officially an "event" and once again you aren't forced to buy it, you can wait a couple days until people start posting it on the GTN.)
10. No non Cartel Shop Event for either the first year anniversary or life-day (6. Cheap fireworks as an "appreciation" for a first year anniversary.)

I could go on and on and on....

But why, EA doean't care as long as their Cartel Shop is selling items and a rapid pace.
Le durp.
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

LUCASCASADEIS
12.17.2012 , 12:44 PM | #30
No. You should learn the difference between ASSUMPTIONS and FACTS. Both you and I have proven you wrong.
this is from dulfy.net

There is a thing we are planning for Ilum in Feb-March. It is going to be a revisit to Ilum but it is not going to be just a reboot of the same old scenarios we had there fore. It is going to be more than just PvP and has some of the most amazing world buildings there.