Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pets in raids taking heals?

mikebevo
01.02.2013 , 07:50 AM | #11
Yeah I am a hybrid clicky healer. Maybe it is the hybrid part, but I have no clue how people could target pets being a clicky healer unless they are manually targeting raid member for heals. If doing that, targeting outside of ops frames…then I am truly impressed. Only time I manually heal target anything is other peoples companions, because I don’t have them set in UI because it is set for actual raids and not heroics or HMFP were someone quit. Even then I think I can tell the difference between a pet and a companion.

The reason healers use to ask people to put up pets is because they would take AOE heals. On a sawbones where it only hits four at a time that was a fairly big deal, but that has been patched.

Although I still think pets are stupid it raids, but to each his own.

i will add in our group there is a rule Party Jawa out means you do not want heals from me. Has nothing to do with clicky healers or pets taking heals...I just hate the party jawa.

DrewFromPhilly
01.02.2013 , 12:04 PM | #12
When I need to heal a companion while in a group I usually just set them as my focus target. Usually have that as the tank to make it easier to track my kolto probes/trauma probe/bubble depending on which healer I'm using atm, though.

wetslampigduex
01.02.2013 , 02:47 PM | #13
clicking raid frames and abilities is what most consider a normal clicker... by reading this it sounds as if his healer is trying to physically click on toons to heal them...thatttt is not going to work well.. i mean think about how much a pain in the *** the orb in TFB HM can be to click

mikebevo
01.02.2013 , 02:54 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by wetslampigduex View Post
clicking raid frames and abilities is what most consider a normal clicker... by reading this it sounds as if his healer is trying to physically click on toons to heal them...thatttt is not going to work well.. i mean think about how much a pain in the *** the orb in TFB HM can be to click
Yeah, it will not work....so if people can do it, then they are really good clickers.

However, someone guessed it was clickers hitting pets with heals, but I really it is just being carried over since before the patch when pets could suck up heals from AOE heals. I still believe pets have no business in ops, just something else to get in the way and distract people from the real objective. Not a big deal, but there is no reason to have them out either. Yes, you have a pet...I am so impressed and jealous I don't have it...Happy? Now put it away and lets kill something.

Stone_Rain
01.02.2013 , 03:32 PM | #15
As a clicky healer myself who's healed through all HM's and Nim (other than NiM EC), what type of keybindings are useful for a Sage helaer?

mikebevo
01.02.2013 , 03:45 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Stone_Rain View Post
As a clicky healer myself who's healed through all HM's and Nim (other than NiM EC), what type of keybindings are useful for a Sage helaer?
It is all going to depend on you. I tried the entire key binding thing, bought the fancy mouse, but I am happy with how I do it now which is a hybrid of clicking and key-binding. DPS I pretty much have everything bound to key, but I am faster and more proficient at healing using the mouse and keys.

Don't know enough about sage healing, but any sawbones I would recommend Diagnostic scan being on a key...even pure clicker would be smart to put that one on there.

Donalj
01.02.2013 , 03:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Stone_Rain View Post
Bind 1-5, shift+1-5, q, e, r, t, x, c, v and shift variants.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot

-Holmes
01.02.2013 , 04:31 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Donalj View Post
Yeah but clicking their situational abilities and keybinding the rest isn't considered clicking. Clicking is less efficient than keybinding and is bad. Clicking main abilities should never happen.
How about using ops frame with heals bound to a razer naga? Is that impractical as well?

Jeweledleah
01.02.2013 , 04:32 PM | #19
I've never heard of pets sucking up AoE heals, but I'm glad they patched it, cause that is just.. blah.

that said, I'm genuinely tired about this belief, that keybinding will always be better then clicking.

NO.

it depends on an individual.

if said person cannot type blind (aka without looking at a keyboard) keybinding for them will actually be less efficient, as they would have to glance down every single time they have to hit an abilities and deal with messups when hitting a wrong button. clicking keeps their eyes on the screen 100% of the time, allowing them to react faster among other things.

tronot
01.02.2013 , 09:44 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
clicking keeps their eyes on the screen 100% of the time, allowing them to react faster among other things.
I don't want to argue the issue, but I have to respond to this. They have their eyes on their hotbars, not on the action. I'm sure there are many fine click healers, but there's no way they can react faster.