Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pets in raids taking heals?

SpreadEagl
12.17.2012 , 11:32 AM | #1
So when I first heard about the Taunlet you must catch I busted my butt for a month to get it and I've had it out ever since. Lately my guildies have been on me to dismiss it in raids because it "eats heals". Can someone confirm this or do they just feel like breaking my balls?

inknform
12.17.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by SpreadEagl View Post
or do they just feel like breaking my balls?
^This. They are cosmetic additives, unless there is a bug causing it O_o
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Rawkfist (Vanguard - Shield Spec)
L'encre (Operative/Med)

Journeyer
12.17.2012 , 12:30 PM | #3
The only legitimate complaint I've heard is from clickie-healers who ask to put them away so that they don't keep clicking the pets instead of the peeps.
I make useful, game-expanding suggestions.
Holorancor | Food! | Outfit Storage | My Career | Ultimate PvE Solution

KeyboardNinja
12.17.2012 , 01:08 PM | #4
I can confirm that pets do *not* "eat heals". Additionally, they no longer cause server lag, which was a big problem following 1.4. (and 1.3…oh, and 1.2!) They can cause client-side graphical lag on lower-end machines though, or in fights with a lot of particle effects (e.g. nightmare pilgrim). For fights where they have a noticeable effect, we ask everyone to put them away. On other fights, we just don't care (our NiM Kephess kill shot had at least one pet out, possibly two).

As for click healers… They need to learn to heal by more effective mechanisms. I'd probably pull a pet out pro-actively to train them out of their bad habit. :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

SpreadEagl
12.17.2012 , 02:39 PM | #5
Thanks guys, If it was due to lag for other people I would gladly dismiss it. But with your backup about not taking heals away from people, taunlet will forever be by my side.

MiralukaJedi
01.02.2013 , 01:18 AM | #6
I could be mistaken as I haven't tried recently, but I know when I tested it before it ate up AoE heals. Normal heals aren't a problem, the problem is the AoE heals.

Again, not tested it for months, but I know it used to be like that.

tanktest
01.02.2013 , 01:43 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
As for click healers… They need to learn to heal by more effective mechanisms.

explain what you mean by As for click healers ?>>>> I know a few click healers as they are Called who heal NIM EC including me Just fine as click healers ...

MiralukaJedi
01.02.2013 , 01:59 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by tanktest View Post
explain what you mean by As for click healers ?>>>> I know a few click healers as they are Called who heal NIM EC including me Just fine as click healers ...
What a person is capable of and what is optimal are two different things.

Sure, people CAN click, but it is very impractical and if the person learned how to use key-bindings they'd probably do even better.

Ephesia
01.02.2013 , 07:33 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by MiralukaJedi View Post
What a person is capable of and what is optimal are two different things.

Sure, people CAN click, but it is very impractical and if the person learned how to use key-bindings they'd probably do even better.
Can't expect everyone to own a Razer Naga or use lots of their keyboard keys, the people who are able to do that are a very small minority in this game. Most players I consider good would resort to a combination of both, using about 10 keyboard keys in conjunction with clicky activating their situational abilities (like Heroic Moment, or defensive cd)
Ephesia, Level 55 Jedi Guardian
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Member of Catalyst

Donalj
01.02.2013 , 07:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ephesia View Post
Can't expect everyone to own a Razer Naga or use lots of their keyboard keys, the people who are able to do that are a very small minority in this game. Most players I consider good would resort to a combination of both, using about 10 keyboard keys in conjunction with clicky activating their situational abilities (like Heroic Moment, or defensive cd)
Yeah but clicking their situational abilities and keybinding the rest isn't considered clicking. Clicking is less efficient than keybinding and is bad. Clicking main abilities should never happen.
Donal - Xarea - Pasta - Wotsit - Vebbeg - Potential - Greengiant
Dólan - Hurrimarobot