Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gameplay recording question

obi-wan-jabroni
12.17.2012 , 10:16 AM | #1
Another game I play has a tool built in called "Demorecord" this allows you to use the game Client to record a 3D model of the game and then edit it for making videos. Does SWTOR have anything like this?

Thanks

sstanks
12.17.2012 , 11:09 AM | #2
a modelviewer? not that I am aware of. It would be nice but those are all homebrew programs.

Ogien
12.17.2012 , 11:11 AM | #3
I use

http://new.livestream.com/broadcast-live/encoder

Its lower quality than something like Fraps but its free and the files sizes are more manageable.

obi-wan-jabroni
12.17.2012 , 11:46 AM | #4
Yeah I've used Fraps , But the Demo record tool I mentioned has the ability to move the camera around and create paths for the Camera allowing you to create a more cinematic feel. Fraps only records what is displayed on the screen.

WarbNull
12.17.2012 , 11:54 AM | #5
Kind of sounds like you are describing Battle Recorder which was what the old PC Battlefield games had. You could record the entire match and then move the camera around the entire environment when review it. You could also take views from each individual players perspective and even track each individual player. It made it a lot better to edit Montages/Movies that way. It is something that we BF players have been asking for, for the new BF games with its Frostbite engine.
It was also good for catching cheaters.

I do not think I have ever heard of an MMORPG having that feature though.
It would be cool to have but I know for sure that we do not have that feature here.
Khai-Kun Legacy Shadowlands
Smuggler Gunslinger Saboteur
Jedi Consular Sage
Bounty Hunter PowerTech Pyrotech

obi-wan-jabroni
12.17.2012 , 12:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by WarbNull View Post
Kind of sounds like you are describing Battle Recorder which was what the old PC Battlefield games had. You could record the entire match and then move the camera around the entire environment when review it. You could also take views from each individual players perspective and even track each individual player. It made it a lot better to edit Montages/Movies that way. It is something that we BF players have been asking for, for the new BF games with its Frostbite engine.
It was also good for catching cheaters.

I do not think I have ever heard of an MMORPG having that feature though.
It would be cool to have but I know for sure that we do not have that feature here.
It's pretty much like you described. When it's recording it captures the entire map in 3D, when you edit it you're able to move the camera around in the 3D map. Allowing to view from any vantage point. You could start from a distance and allow the camera to move into the middle of a battle and pan around and move back out. It's great for making Machinima.

Sad to hear SWTOR doesn't have it.